• Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
Serneque
corpsicbeauty
Serneque
Bury us alive- ********

Really catchy! Defiantly enjoyed this one. 4laugh

4laugh If you like them, you should check out Passion Pit, Arctic Monkeys, or Empire of the Sun~
Currently listening to Blue Cassette by Friendly Fires~

I decided to check out Sleepyhead-Passion Pit
Wow. Is it just me, or was this song almost everywhere back in the 90's? Maybe? I had flashbacks, that's for sure. lol
When the Sun goes down- Arctic Monkeys
...Huh. Catchy song, but the video made me cringe a little. Heh. I need to listen sometime with my ears, not my eyes. -_-'
Walking on a Dream- Empire of the Sun
Kinda smooth jazz-y. Good beat. Swell song.
Blue cassette-Friendly Fires
The drop was cool, caught me by surprise. eek Wonderful song for smooth listening, and a general walking song too. (If I were to listen to this while walking around the city, I'd feel like I was in a jungle..Haha xd )

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Thievery Corporation the Richest Man in Babylon album.

Sparkly Friend

13,400 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
corpsicbeauty
Serneque
corpsicbeauty
Serneque
Bury us alive- ********

4laugh If you like them, you should check out Passion Pit, Arctic Monkeys, or Empire of the Sun~

Wow. Is it just me, or was this song almost everywhere back in the 90's? Maybe? I had flashbacks, that's for sure. lol
...Huh. Catchy song, but the video made me cringe a little. Heh. I need to listen sometime with my ears, not my eyes. -_-'
The drop was cool, caught me by surprise. eek Wonderful song for smooth listening, and a general walking song too. (If I were to listen to this while walking around the city, I'd feel like I was in a jungle..Haha xd )

Ahaha I don't think passion put goes back that far...but yeah when I first heard that song, I swear it sounded sooo familiar!
Yupp arctic monkeys have spazzy vids haha xD not good for people with epilepsy xd
Glad you like the other two!!

And The Black Keys are definitely amazing as well- they've got a more alternative, rock vibe~
Tighten up is a popular song of theirs-the mv is cute too xD
And you should definitely check out Cage the Elephant, Young the Giant (cough syrup, but currently listening to Apartment) and MGMT!

Vicious Hunter

2,550 Points
iKing Joseph
Luv (Sic) Part 3 feat. Shing02 -- Nujabes

I'll admit.. I'm not a huge rap fan. :/
HOWEVER, I still gave a this a listen. Beginnings like this one always make my ears tickle. Anyone else feel that way?
The background music to this was AMAZING. Honestly, reeeally pretty. And the chorus, with the violins? Mmm.. Yeah. Loved it!! But my brain kept telling me that the guy talking was interrupting it.. Heh.
From 4:00 through the rest of the song was my favorite. He only raps a little, but it gives you a wonderful taste of the piano with the violins. The melody is really beautiful.

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
corpsicbeauty
iKing Joseph

HOWEVER, I still gave a this a listen. Beginnings like this one always make my ears tickle. Anyone else feel that way?
The background music to this was AMAZING. Honestly, reeeally pretty. And the chorus, with the violins? Mmm.. Yeah. Loved it!! But my brain kept telling me that the guy talking was interrupting it.. Heh.
From 4:00 through the rest of the song was my favorite. He only raps a little, but it gives you a wonderful taste of the piano with the violins. The melody is really beautiful.

You probably would like part 1 and 5 then. But try:
Luv (Sic) Part 2 feat. Shing02 -- Nujabes
Luv (Sic) Part 4 feat. Shing02 -- Nujabes

Vicious Hunter

2,550 Points
chromealias
Thievery Corporation the Richest Man in Babylon album.

Ooo.. Jamaican! I don't have much Jamaican music.
I really like his voice. Very smooth.
The song deals with really heavy issues, really makes you think. Probably not a "feel good" song, but that doesn't mean it's not a good song. Very note worthy.

Vicious Hunter

2,550 Points
Serneque
corpsicbeauty
Serneque
corpsicbeauty
Serneque
Bury us alive- ********

Ahaha I don't think passion put goes back that far...but yeah when I first heard that song, I swear it sounded sooo familiar!
Yupp arctic monkeys have spazzy vids haha xD not good for people with epilepsy xd
Glad you like the other two!!

And The Black Keys are definitely amazing as well- they've got a more alternative, rock vibe~
Tighten up is a popular song of theirs-the mv is cute too xD
And you should definitely check out Cage the Elephant, Young the Giant (cough syrup, but currently listening to Apartment) and MGMT!

Ah, yes, actually, I got Tighten up-Black Keys after seeing it on a reprieve for the new season of House. ^-^ That's how I find most of my music (Shows, movies, ect.. Some series have the most AMAZING soundtrack, and I'm all, "How do they find?!?!" wink
I have a bit of Cage the Elephant. They're alright. smile
I need to check out Young the Giant... And MGMT is defiantly a good one!

Cough Syrup- Young the Giant
LOVE. Good Lord.. "Life's too short to even care at all" So true! And the music rifs.. Everything is just so pretty about this song! I really like it! biggrin

Sparkly Friend

13,400 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ahaha definitely!!

And I'm glad you like that song!! It's been stuck in my head nonstoppp xD

Check out Civilization by Justice (not the music video since all the sound effects are distracting xd )

Scattered Trees- A conversation about death on new years' eve
Smashing pumpkins- disarm
The kooks- naive (what i'mlistening to now)

Btw I love that you're giving your honest opinion of the recommendations~

Vicious Hunter

2,550 Points
iKing Joseph
corpsicbeauty
iKing Joseph

You probably would like part 1 and 5 then. But try:
Luv (Sic) Part 2 feat. Shing02 -- Nujabes
Luv (Sic) Part 4 feat. Shing02 -- Nujabes

Part 2-
..Do you watch anime? If so, are you familiar with Samurai Champloo?? Totally sounded like a song from there... Yup.
I watched a video with lyrics. And I understand!! (Rap and Heavy Metal songs... I need to look up the lyrics the first few times I listen to them, and the song sounds almost different when I understand it, ya know?) Same thing happened here. I wasn't feeling this untill I read the lyrics that went with it. And now I can appreciate it. Really cool song! biggrin
Part 4-
Couldn't find one with lyrics. sad Again, gave it a listen. But after hearing part 2 with lyrics, and as I've said, I feel like I'm only listening to half the song now. I can only make out one or two words here and there, and it doesn't make any sense. I heard September? :/
So. Yeah. That's my problem with rap.

Vicious Hunter

2,550 Points
Serneque
Ahaha definitely!!

And I'm glad you like that song!! It's been stuck in my head nonstoppp xD

Check out Civilization by Justice (not the music video since all the sound effects are distracting xd )

Smashing pumpkins- disarm
The kooks- naive (what i'mlistening to now)

Btw I love that you're giving your honest opinion of the recommendations~

Civilization- Justice
GGGGRRRRRROOOVYY!! Simply amazing!!! This is how I like my techno. biggrin
I honestly thought that was what it was about, not the title! Till I looked it up. Heh. BUT. Very pretty. I added it to my "chill" playlist instantly. biggrin
Smashing Pumpkins- Disarm
Now, I do like me some Smashing Pumpkins. Haven't listened to this though.
Alright. So.. Music was really cool in this. -however-. The singer's voice... He has a very particular voice, doesn't he? And certain songs, he will nail, because of his voice. Others, like I feel like this song might be, he can't quite get because of his voice. A voice as unique as his can't be used to sing just any old song. It has to compliment his tone, but I feel like his tone worked against him here. sad
The kooks-naive
Alternative. Honestly, not much I can say about this. Haha. It's a very typical alternative sounding song. Good, I mean, certainly not bad. But.. Typical, ya know? Maybe? No? Eh.

And of course. Music is meant to be heard. But if you put your best songs in the list up in the sticky, what do you think are the odds anyone will actually hear it? 2,000+ pages of songs that could go unheard, undiscovered... It's really sad. It's a mine so undiscovered...
As much as I'd love to go through page by page listening to everything.... I thought I'd just create my own post. Giving my input. Actually LISTEN to things. And giving input, so people know I listen to it. And telling other about it, so they might listen too. 3nodding

Sparkly Friend

13,400 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
That is very true!!!
I like spreading the music~

And I have subscribed to this thread! biggrin
Oberhofer - o0Oo0Oo
Our definitions of "good" music are probably way different

i listen to stuff that is just... yeah razz
and Nintendocore and Chiptune :3♥

700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Try Azam Ali's Elysium for the Brave or Portals of Grace albums.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff