Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
Does anybody have a favorite horror manga?

My favorite horror manga would have to be Ibitsu..lol. That manga was terrifying! gonk
Uzumaki, that art alone is reason enough to love it, but luckily there's an amazing story to go with it, and Gyo is a close second!
...I would say Gantz but I don't really consider that horror!

Wealthy Prophet

Franken Fran, Rabbit Doubt, Pet shop of Horrors, Gantz, Jisatsu Circle... eh can't think of anything else worth mentioning, I usually just stick with the psychological genre

Tipsy Wench

11,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I liked Ibitsu, too, and found some of Junju Ito's stuff pretty good as well, but I have to say I liked the creepy ambiance of Forest of Lore as well, and Inugami and Emerging (by the same mangaka) are currently my favorites when it comes to horror. (Inugami for working in both Shinto and Judeochristian mythology as well as making for an interesting take on the "boy and his dog" dynamic and Emerging for playing up on a very real issue, an epidemic breaking out in a highly populated area that is unprepared for such an occurrence.)

Shameless Stalker

Sarai.

In post apocalyptic Japan genetic defections are rampant and once you turn 16 years old your body starts mutating and will eventually die from it. Resources are low and people search for ways to extend their lives even if it means becoming monsters to do so.

It is not your usual horror fair considering the main character is a battle maid and there is quite a bit of sex in the storyline but it is very well done and the art is nicely detailed.
That's my favorite as well, though Uzumaki comes in at a close second.

Friendly Poster

G o l d e n x S k u I I
Franken Fran, Rabbit Doubt, Pet shop of Horrors, Gantz, Jisatsu Circle... eh can't think of anything else worth mentioning, I usually just stick with the psychological genre

Doubt was AMAZING! I had to sleep with the light on for like a month afterwards though. And Franken Fran is cool but I don't really consider it horror, more like just gore. Jiisatsu Circle... ugh just emotion_bigheart

Barton Prophet

9,450 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
I really liked Doubt as well. I haven't read much horror manga, as much as I love it. :c

Barton Prophet

9,450 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
The Climax

Sorry for the randomness, but your Lil' Call avi. <3

Beloved Lunatic

The Petshop Of Horrors,
Even though it isn't very scary.

Also I really enjoy GOTH,
I loved the book and so I enjoyed the manga release of it too.

Timid Fatcat

shiki
higurashi
elfen lied

Familiar Loiterer

I know I'll probably be flamed for saying this, but...
My favorite horror manga are Higurashi no naku Koroni and Pet Shop of Horrors.
I am gonna have to say Franken Fran is my favorite, even though I don't care for it and the fact that it creeps me out big time... The Horror Mansion is definitely one to enjoy to those who like horror mangas.

Tipsy Wench

11,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Evil Napper
The Petshop Of Horrors,
Even though it isn't very scary.

Also I really enjoy GOTH,
I loved the book and so I enjoyed the manga release of it too.
in case you didn't know, there's a live action movie adaption of GOTH as well. it even has a North American DVD release.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games