Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cammy White
Chun Li of China
Tessa Illyanovich
This thread must be legit if the X men came in to support it.

Hmph. Side with Marvel why don't you? neutral

Chun Li.....You know they're allies. Stop that. neutral

True.....
Chun Li. Remember, to conquer one's innermost fears, one must let certain emotions go. Hatred, Envy, and more.

Familiar Lunatic

Sir Taurustar
gataka
So...
- activate
- spam all other rings at will for 30s without losing any stam/no restrictions

...right?
That's right. And the game won't remain easy for long. They are always gonna make it more challenging, and add new stuff.
Ok.

Challenge is supposed to test the player...I mean if you make enemies 2x stronger and also make players 2x stronger, that's basically what you're saying would ultimately happen, challenge hasn't changed...seems rather pointless?

IRL Cat

all the single ladies approve

Bashful Gawker

8,950 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sir Taurustar
Sevalle
Sir Taurustar
Sevalle
Sir Taurustar
gataka
So...
- activate
- spam all other rings at will for 30s without losing any stam/no restrictions

...right?
That's right. And the game won't remain easy for long. They are always gonna make it more challenging, and add new stuff.
You are being facetious or..?
Oh no. I was responding to you, and also the other person who said the game was already too easy. ^^';
It's an 'or' then. You do realize the game is on indefinite maintenance mode and will not really become easier or harder, let alone get more rings or anything new at all?
Never say never. There will always be new stuff. In fact? That closed off area in Zen Gardens? It won't be closed off in the future.

^^^^
Bamb.

emotion_dowant

Omnipresent Pyromaniac

14,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
i have my own ideas for "rings of power" that help make solo more doabile....
like a ring that dose max rage, you next 100 attacks would be r4, no need to wait for the rage meeter to fill (it so slow), just click like you is doing r1, and the attack is r4 smile
at lest till the 100 attacks are up, then say only 1 use every day...(or about 3 hours)...
me know it all
like a ring that dose max rage, you next 100 attacks would be r4, no need to wait for the rage meeter to fill (it so slow), just click like you is doing r1, and the attack is r4 smile
at lest till the 100 attacks are up, then say only 1 use every day...(or about 3 hours)...
That sounds pretty good!

Omnipresent Pyromaniac

14,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sir Taurustar
me know it all
That sounds pretty good!

thank you..... smile
theres more, but did you want to hear my other ideas or no??? (that was 1 of 7)....
me know it all
Sir Taurustar
me know it all
That sounds pretty good!

thank you..... smile
theres more, but did you want to hear my other ideas or no??? (that was 1 of 7)....
Yes please. ^-^

Omnipresent Pyromaniac

14,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sir Taurustar
me know it all

thank you..... smile
Yes please. ^-^

ok, my other ideas for rings of power....
2/7- purple sheild, a ring that bounces 100% damage, you suffer no harm, you enemys kill them selfs. would last till one sits down, or up to 5 hours ((you could solo dmS smile )) only 1 use per day though.....

3/7- awakening (super defib), a ring that can un-daze whole crews and many people at once, unlocks all the rings fills health full and buffs some(keeps people awake). (usefull at events where 30-40 people are all dazed at the same time).

4/7- fire death, a ring that kills the boss, only works on bosses. (make solo boss doabile). only one use every 4 hours.

5/7- fire ball, a ring that kills normal animated, is a ring-O-power, recharges fast and can be used like normal rings (over and over).... ((this thay might not make because it too powerfull, some...even if it dont work on the bosses))

6/7- light sheild, a ring that puts up a light sheild, it dose damage to all enemys, the sheild will fade over time (as you move from screen to screen). only one use per day, last 20 screens (ups, downs, lefts, or rights).

7/7- ring of fire (or lava/pool), a ring that dose 2 thing, heals alies, and harms foes. it make a red ring (donut) around you and it follow you, doing damage to the animated, and healing other players. the ring last 10 min. and could be used once every hour.

Unbeatable Genius

me know it all

Let's see, way too OP.

2/7- purple sheild, a ring that bounces 100% damage, you suffer no harm, you enemys kill them selfs. would last till one sits down, or up to 5 hours ((you could solo dmS )) only 1 use per day though.....

...way too OP.

3/7- awakening (super defib), a ring that can un-daze whole crews and many people at once, unlocks all the rings fills health full and buffs some(keeps people awake). (usefull at events where 30-40 people are all dazed at the same time).

...way too OP.

4/7- fire death, a ring that kills the boss, only works on bosses. (make solo boss doabile). only one use every 4 hours.

...way too OP.

5/7- fire ball, a ring that kills normal animated, is a ring-O-power, recharges fast and can be used like normal rings (over and over).... ((this thay might not make because it too powerfull, some...even if it dont work on the bosses))

...way too OP.

6/7- light sheild, a ring that puts up a light sheild, it dose damage to all enemys, the sheild will fade over time (as you move from screen to screen). only one use per day, last 20 screens (ups, downs, lefts, or rights).

...way too OP.

7/7- ring of fire (or lava/pool), a ring that dose 2 thing, heals alies, and harms foes. it make a red ring (donut) around you and it follow you, doing damage to the animated, and healing other players. the ring last 10 min. and could be used once every hour.

... and way too OP.

Tiny Hunter

16,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Sir Taurustar
And yano, perhaps this ring can be good for solo players. If it sounds like god-modding. Well then, how about the ring can only be used by yourself? If you're in a crew, it won't work, and can only be used on yourself? There.

Then that would defeat the purpose of having a crew at all. neutral
zOMG! was designed to be a social MMO, that's why we have Ghi power that provides rewards to players who play together.

Benevolent Codger

Sir Taurustar
This ring for a short time stops your stamina gauge from dropping, and your rings don't have to charge. You can use your ring a bunch of times. Perhaps this buff would last 30 second or something.

30 seconds seems a bit long for this sort of effect, and ignoring Cooldowns seems uneccessary - the underlying premise of a 'Stamina Turtle', though, is something I've suggested as a more appropriate function for Sugar Rush. The trouble you're having is that Stamina and Cooldown co-limit each other, so while it's alright to reduce one, making them both irrelevant is just circumventing the game system altogether. sweatdrop

----
me know it all
like a ring that dose max rage, you next 100 attacks would be r4, no need to wait for the rage meeter to fill (it so slow), just click like you is doing r1, and the attack is r4

[...]

2/7- purple sheild, a ring that bounces 100% damage, you suffer no harm, you enemys kill them selfs. would last till one sits down, or up to 5 hours ((you could solo dmS )) only 1 use per day though.....

Being that you referred to these as 'rings of power', I'll assume that you realise they're not balanced to the power levels of existing rings; rings which are explicitly more powerful than existing ones are a common suggestion, but it's important to realise that the balance between rings is essential to the keeping the gameplay interesting. Since every ring costs one slot, and there are eight slots to every character, there's a strict limit to the amount of power a given character can access; when you allow too much variance between the power of specific rings, though, it becomes difficult to predict what that limit will be in any given case; and when there's such a wide disparity in player power levels, it becomes hard to design areas and enemies that pose an appropriate challenge to all of them. Making extremely powerful rings might seem attractive as a novelty, but in the long term it really just makes the game less fun.

That said, we can still examine rings based on the premise, and design, and not worry about the power level - unless there's an effect that simply can't be balanced, power level is more of a development concern, and there's always room for some tweaking. 3nodding

1.) An effect that allows your next X rings to be used automatically at RR4 actually sounds rather interesting; I've posed something similar for critical hits (a 'Boom! Headshot!' debuff that your next few attacks on the target were guaranteed criticals), but for some reason applying it directly to Rage never came to mind. I think I recall talking about a 'Berserk' status once, that forced rings to be used at higher Rage Ranks - but that also carried a downside of some sort, and generally wouldn't be self-inflicted. sweatdrop

2.) This effect exists in the form of Reflection; currently, the game doesn't have any 100% Reflection effects. The real problem that absolute Reflection is bound to encounter is that it fights for space with Turtle, which prevents the damage but doesn't redirect it. I've seen suggested very short-duration absolute Reflection effects, in the form of a 'Parry' ring - these would require the user to accurately time the use of the ring to Reflect the attacks they wanted to, making it more effective for skilled players; the game needs more skill-testing effects.

3.) I've posed a 'Sacrifice' ring that allowed the user to daze themselves, in exchange for reviving multiple allies within range - this is more-or-less the same thing. I affixed the self-dazing rider to prevent abuse, and so the ring is never really competing with Defibrillate for space. Multiple-revive effects are very conditional, though; Defibrillate already doesn't see a lot of use, and situations where one player is dazed are naturally more common than situations where many users are. The only way I can see this achieving any modicum of popularity is if there are introduced strategies which intentionally daze the user, so that those strategies can be extrapolated to whole Crews and gain a bit more reliability.

4.) Effects that 'only work on bosses' are - again - really conditional. Effects that instant-kill enemies are generally required to be highly inaccurate or otherwise unwieldy, and bosses are generally 'contractually immune' to such effects. If you want to create effects which are better against bosses than normal enemies, consider effects that increase in effectiveness over time (long-term DoT, for instance) or effects which scale with the size of the target (percentile damage is a good example). Also, it's worth noting that every boss in the game - excluding Kamila, to my knowledge - has been effectively solo'd (though admittedly most of those cases were before the reduction in Reflect's power).

5.) As mentioned before, death effects generally need to be really unreliable to make them 'play fair' - dedicated instant-kill abilities are generally either overpowered, or completely useless. If I wanted to make a ring that simply killed enemies outright, I'd do so one of two ways: a) use the classic 'doom timer' effect, and increase the time based on the target's Willpower, or b) add it as a rare 'extra' effect on an otherwise normal attack ring (something I've suggested as an add-on for Mantis, for example).

6.) An effect that deals constant damage to multiple enemies has some potential; it would make for an additional use of the mobile-AoE mechanic I've been interested in previously (namely for buffs). Fading by movement probably doesn't make as much sense as having a normal timer like other buffs, and that would even allow you to get more use out of it with Footspeed synergy. This seems like an effect that would be fun to concept, too.

7.) This one is just the previous suggestion, but with added healing; I'd probably drop the damage and consider it a mobile-AoE healing ring. The trouble is, something that heals repeatedly is almost identical to something that grants a simple Health Regen buff, in most cases. I'd be willing to consider mobile-AoE as an update for Healing Halo (I already want it on Divinity), but Healing Halo works well enough as-is that I'm not sure it's an important change...

Shy Werewolf

User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

At least we've learned something today.

Somebody has way too many theme-mules.

IRL Cat

Red Kutai
Sir Taurustar
This ring for a short time stops your stamina gauge from dropping, and your rings don't have to charge. You can use your ring a bunch of times. Perhaps this buff would last 30 second or something.

30 seconds seems a bit long for this sort of effect, and ignoring Cooldowns seems uneccessary - the underlying premise of a 'Stamina Turtle', though, is something I've suggested as a more appropriate function for Sugar Rush. The trouble you're having is that Stamina and Cooldown co-limit each other, so while it's alright to reduce one, making them both irrelevant is just circumventing the game system altogether. sweatdrop

----
me know it all
like a ring that dose max rage, you next 100 attacks would be r4, no need to wait for the rage meeter to fill (it so slow), just click like you is doing r1, and the attack is r4

[...]

Being that you referred to these as 'rings of power', I'll assume that you realise they're not balanced to the power levels of existing rings; rings which are explicitly more powerful than existing ones are a common suggestion, but it's important to realise that the balance between rings is essential to the keeping the gameplay interesting. Since every ring costs one slot, and there are eight slots to every character, there's a strict limit to the amount of power a given character can access; when you allow too much variance between the power of specific rings, though, it becomes difficult to predict what that limit will be in any given case; and when there's such a wide disparity in player power levels, it becomes hard to design areas and enemies that pose an appropriate challenge to all of them. Making extremely powerful rings might seem attractive as a novelty, but in the long term it really just makes the game less fun.

That said, we can still examine rings based on the premise, and design, and not worry about the power level - unless there's an effect that simply can't be balanced, power level is more of a development concern, and there's always room for some tweaking. 3nodding

1.) An effect that allows your next X rings to be used automatically at RR4 actually sounds rather interesting; I've posed something similar for critical hits (a 'Boom! Headshot!' debuff that your next few attacks on the target were guaranteed criticals), but for some reason applying it directly to Rage never came to mind. I think I recall talking about a 'Berserk' status once, that forced rings to be used at higher Rage Ranks - but that also carried a downside of some sort, and generally wouldn't be self-inflicted. sweatdrop

2.) This effect exists in the form of Reflection; currently, the game doesn't have any 100% Reflection effects. The real problem that absolute Reflection is bound to encounter is that it fights for space with Turtle, which prevents the damage but doesn't redirect it. I've seen suggested very short-duration absolute Reflection effects, in the form of a 'Parry' ring - these would require the user to accurately time the use of the ring to Reflect the attacks they wanted to, making it more effective for skilled players; the game needs more skill-testing effects.

3.) I've posed a 'Sacrifice' ring that allowed the user to daze themselves, in exchange for reviving multiple allies within range - this is more-or-less the same thing. I affixed the self-dazing rider to prevent abuse, and so the ring is never really competing with Defibrillate for space. Multiple-revive effects are very conditional, though; Defibrillate already doesn't see a lot of use, and situations where one player is dazed are naturally more common than situations where many users are. The only way I can see this achieving any modicum of popularity is if there are introduced strategies which intentionally daze the user, so that those strategies can be extrapolated to whole Crews and gain a bit more reliability.

4.) Effects that 'only work on bosses' are - again - really conditional. Effects that instant-kill enemies are generally required to be highly inaccurate or otherwise unwieldy, and bosses are generally 'contractually immune' to such effects. If you want to create effects which are better against bosses than normal enemies, consider effects that increase in effectiveness over time (long-term DoT, for instance) or effects which scale with the size of the target (percentile damage is a good example). Also, it's worth noting that every boss in the game - excluding Kamila, to my knowledge - has been effectively solo'd (though admittedly most of those cases were before the reduction in Reflect's power).

5.) As mentioned before, death effects generally need to be really unreliable to make them 'play fair' - dedicated instant-kill abilities are generally either overpowered, or completely useless. If I wanted to make a ring that simply killed enemies outright, I'd do so one of two ways: a) use the classic 'doom timer' effect, and increase the time based on the target's Willpower, or b) add it as a rare 'extra' effect on an otherwise normal attack ring (something I've suggested as an add-on for Mantis, for example).

6.) An effect that deals constant damage to multiple enemies has some potential; it would make for an additional use of the mobile-AoE mechanic I've been interested in previously (namely for buffs). Fading by movement probably doesn't make as much sense as having a normal timer like other buffs, and that would even allow you to get more use out of it with Footspeed synergy. This seems like an effect that would be fun to concept, too.

7.) This one is just the previous suggestion, but with added healing; I'd probably drop the damage and consider it a mobile-AoE healing ring. The trouble is, something that heals repeatedly is almost identical to something that grants a simple Health Regen buff, in most cases. I'd be willing to consider mobile-AoE as an update for Healing Halo (I already want it on Divinity), but Healing Halo works well enough as-is that I'm not sure it's an important change...
perhaps the rings could be treated like powerups, in the sense that you can use them once/a limited number of times before they disappear

it would justify them being overly powerful (to an extent) without requiring [much] balance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff