that girl is coooool cool
mary temano
that girl is coooool cool

;D thanks

4,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • First step to fame 200
I don't like DA. Nobody knows anything there.
Denyxys

Hahah what? Why you say that?
qpx
Denyxys

People confuse dA with a social media website or a photosharing website.

I can't tell you how tired I am to see ******** my little ponies, furries, or myspace/facebook quality pictures of idiots who think it belongs in the photography section of dA.

That's why the dA gods created a scrap section.

I wish they would monitor it more, it really devalues their website SO BAD.
Kozie
qpx
Denyxys

I can't tell you how tired I am to see ******** my little ponies, furries, or myspace/facebook quality pictures of idiots who think it belongs in the photography section of dA.

^this.

:l
I always make a new DA promising my self I'll use it and I never do. DA seems to have a lot of weeaboos infecting it. Not that there aren't awesome people, there are, but those are few and far inbetween. xP
ZombieFudge
I always make a new DA promising my self I'll use it and I never do. DA seems to have a lot of weeaboos infecting it. Not that there aren't awesome people, there are, but those are few and far inbetween. xP

Agreed. I just kinda stick to the sculpture subcategory and I'm typically safe. Sometimes there are my little ponies there..........

but the other awesomosity makes up for it. sometimes.
Kozie
qpx
Denyxys

Oh idk
im not THAT into it
I look at art thats all
ZombieFudge

weeaboos?

IRL Rabbit

Kozie

THIS. ^
Deviant Art is a convenient, low-hassle platform for creating a portfolio when you can't be bothered to buy your own space and learn basic HTML. That is its only good quality.

Beyond that, it's a paradise of asspats, meaningless teenybopper drama, artistic stagnation and endless fan and fetish art.
IronSpike
Deviant Art is a convenient, low-hassle platform for creating a portfolio when you can't be bothered to buy your own space and learn basic HTML. That is its only good quality.

Beyond that, it's a paradise of asspats, meaningless teenybopper drama, artistic stagnation and endless fan and fetish art.

While I agree 90%, I don't believe that is the only reason for using deviantArt.

While the quality of criticism is not the best, it can be used as an additional resource for receiving a critique on your works to improve--also, if used properly, you can help refine your abilities by finding other successful artists doing what you're trying to do.

I've swapped ideas with people on there about the best way to make armatures, paint clay, baking it, etc. And I would not have been able to get any of that insight on a self-made hosted website.

And if anyone seriously uses dA as an outlet for portfolio making needs to be shot. That is not a place for a professional, or someone wanting others to see them that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff