Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Well, the brain doesnt fully develop til 25.

Arbitrary cutoff point. The brain doesn't fully develop ever. It will keep developing as you grow older. Forming new neural connections, growing new brain cells. (Yes, brain cells can regrow, it's the neural pathways that can't just regrow. They have to be rewired as well)
excuuuuuuse me, the time when the prefrontal cortex develops MOST NOTEABLY FULLY. prefrontal cortex is responsible for DECISION MAKING

GOOD DAY

Because ONLY THAT ONE SINGLE PART IS RESPONSIBLE, right? NOTHING ELSE would influence your decision making? Well that would mean it'd be impossible to change your opinion if you're over 25 years old. Your brain keeps developing. Hell I bet even that prefrontal cortex keeps changing.

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Arbitrary cutoff point. The brain doesn't fully develop ever. It will keep developing as you grow older. Forming new neural connections, growing new brain cells. (Yes, brain cells can regrow, it's the neural pathways that can't just regrow. They have to be rewired as well)
excuuuuuuse me, the time when the prefrontal cortex develops MOST NOTEABLY FULLY. prefrontal cortex is responsible for DECISION MAKING

GOOD DAY

Because ONLY THAT ONE SINGLE PART IS RESPONSIBLE, right? NOTHING ELSE would influence your decision making? Well that would mean it'd be impossible to change your opinion if you're over 25 years old. Your brain keeps developing. Hell I bet even that prefrontal cortex keeps changing.
never said ti didnt keep changign dude, the peak of development is 25 ok stooge. just saying people arent as good at making decisions if they are younger than 25, nothing to do with opinion.
Vizal
Mana-Tree
Stuch BSc
Aven Donn
Sounds like you're making smug assumptions. This kind of crap happens to people sometimes. Even people who were fine up until they had kids. How do you know they didn't know each other since childhood or something?

This kind of crap happens to people who jump into things too soon.

This kind of crap happens to 2/3 of all marriages in the U.S. The weak point to tear into is not some perception of irresponsibility or lack of familiarity between partners prior to marriage, it is instead the lack of social penalty and system of reward that the process of divorce currently instills.

Wouldn't you also add lack of commitment and maturity (failing to understand purpose of communication and such) to the point where divorce becomes an option? Divorce wouldn't really be the problem as much as it is those who become married under false expectations of marriage. Parents have been our examples (divorce being among them - circular reasoning?)

I think that I would, yes. However, I would not consider those qualities to be the primary cause for modern divorce rates.
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

GOOD DAY

never said ti didnt keep changign dude, the peak of development is 25 ok stooge. just saying people arent as good at making decisions if they are younger than 25, nothing to do with opinion.

And people aren't as good at making decisions if they are younger than 50 as well. The 25 number is arbitrary.

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

GOOD DAY

And people aren't as good at making decisions if they are younger than 50 as well. The 25 number is arbitrary.
look it up, i hate argueing wiht people who don't know a fact when they hear one. its not arbitrary its documented, now go to hell.
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

GOOD DAY

look it up, i hate argueing wiht people who don't know a fact when they hear one. its not arbitrary its documented, now go to hell.

What you're arguing is, that development stops at 25. You do realize this, right?

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

GOOD DAY

What you're arguing is, that development stops at 25. You do realize this, right?
Im not argueing im stating facts http://www.hhs.gov/opa/familylife/tech_assistance/etraining/adolescent_brain/Development/prefrontal_cortex/index.html go bother somebody else.
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Im not argueing im stating facts http://www.hhs.gov/opa/familylife/tech_assistance/etraining/adolescent_brain/Development/prefrontal_cortex/index.html go bother somebody else.

Yeah, prefrontal cortex finishes developing at 25. Okay, and? That means that's it? No more development? You're dead set in how your rationality works by then?

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Yeah, prefrontal cortex finishes developing at 25. Okay, and? That means that's it? No more development? You're dead set in how your rationality works by then?
the brain isnt fully understood, but I havent said the htings which you are trying to argue against, making your effort go to waste. I shared a fact, if you want to expand on that fact be my guest, but dont say Im incorrect because I didnt state the rest of what Im saying, not like I said humans dont make new nuerons or anything stupid like that. So buzz off.
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

the brain isnt fully understood, but I havent said the htings which you are trying to argue against, making your effort go to waste. I shared a fact, if you want to expand on that fact be my guest, but dont say Im incorrect because I didnt state the rest of what Im saying, not like I said humans dont make new nuerons or anything stupid like that. So buzz off.

Your original point was that at 25, the brain finishes developing the decision making and thus everyone under 25 is not fully equipped to make decisions. I claimed that the 25 number might as well be arbitrary, since development will continue throughout the person's life. You cited that the specific part of the brain most in charge of decision making finishes development at 25, but that does not hold any claim that 25 is some sweet spot for decision making.

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Your original point was that at 25, the brain finishes developing the decision making and thus everyone under 25 is not fully equipped to make decisions. I claimed that the 25 number might as well be arbitrary, since development will continue throughout the person's life. You cited that the specific part of the brain most in charge of decision making finishes development at 25, but that does not hold any claim that 25 is some sweet spot for decision making.
run yourself into a wall.
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

So much for arguing etiquette.

Versatile Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Aven Donn
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

So much for arguing etiquette.
you mean debate etiquette, for argueing is pointless and doesnt require any real logic, as you demonstrate. this thread also has been closed for ages.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games