Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Gekko

To be honest, I don't mind the thought behind Club Verge, but I dislike how high the prices for the items are.

Then again....what do I have to say. I'm in CV....

Romantic Lover

13,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Skylune
npulse
Being an "old user" doesn't make you any more or less special than a use who spends a lot of money.
They just released the verge first and will release the other soon. Why does it matter what order it's released in. Those who don't spend money are not being forgotten. So what's the big issue?

(edited for minor error)
Please read through all postings before making your post. The discussion of spending money was already made as well as the discussion for the status of your "being here" (loyalty vs. big spending). I take my time to read over every post in the thread before making my own post. Please show the same respect. It was posted up top.

To let you know, I did read all the posts before posting.

However, I'm not obligated to read every single post. I'm more than able to post my own opinion on money, gaia age, ect even if someone else already has also and my opinion agrees with theirs.

As this is Site Feedback, I can post my opinion on what you are saying, regardless of if you've discussed it before with someone else because my opinion, even if they are the same as others, are just as valid and have the right to be posted as response to you.

Also, no one is obligated to read all posts, regardless if you put that in the OP or not.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
npulse
Skylune
npulse
Being an "old user" doesn't make you any more or less special than a use who spends a lot of money.
They just released the verge first and will release the other soon. Why does it matter what order it's released in. Those who don't spend money are not being forgotten. So what's the big issue?

(edited for minor error)
Please read through all postings before making your post. The discussion of spending money was already made as well as the discussion for the status of your "being here" (loyalty vs. big spending). I take my time to read over every post in the thread before making my own post. Please show the same respect. It was posted up top.

However, I'm not obligated to read every single post. I'm more than able to post my own opinion on money, gaia age, ect even if someone else already has also and my opinion agrees with theirs.

As this is Site Feedback, I can post my opinion on what you are saying, regardless of if you've discussed it before with someone else because my opinion, even if they are the same as others, are just as valid and have the right to be posted as response to you.

Also, no one is obligated to read all posts, regardless if you put that in the OP or not.

While I respect that you have an opinion, I will not repeat myself. I'm tired of pitting myself against people who don't take the time to skim the course of the conversation before putting in their two cents. You're not obligated to read all posts, but you're also not obligated to post. When you entered the forum, it was plainly stated to read all postings because I was tired of arguments over the same thing. As for your post in quote to your previous statement, you must look to your past to know your roots, so that you can make a brighter better future for yourself. The past isn't to be forgotten so easily. And if Gaia needed money (obviously you my not have read all postings because I clearly went over this topic with someone else) and was on the verge of financial collapse, all they'd need to do is let the public know, give incentives, ask for small donations, and people (as heartless as you make them out to be), will help.

Edit: As much of an a** I may seem, I still find respect for you even with your argument. It's nothing personal against you, and I apologize in advance if I've offended you.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Toppaware
To be honest, I don't mind the thought behind Club Verge, but I dislike how high the prices for the items are.

Then again....what do I have to say. I'm in CV....

My real issues lie with how it came before the incentives for everyone else. Gaia Cash users already have an advantage of those who do not user GC. The promise of other incentives just seems like a wasted measure in an attempt to keep the audience from throwing a fit. And it failed. Miserably. The prices are overshot. The club wouldn't be so bad to join if you were only spending $100.00 in a year's time (since it does add up), and didn't have to put in $250.00 and more just for the purpose of getting a one-pose item. It's ludicrous in my own opinion.
It was very poorly thought out.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Calelith

I think it's rather sad that you, as the OP, only reply properly to those that agree with your stance. But those that disagree with you are told to re-read the OP and nothing more.

“Does this hurt? Of course it does, that’s why I’m going to keep doing it.”

Too bad that isn't true. I've taken my time to reply to each and every individual. If I don't see the post as progressive, and I've already posted a previous comment about the topic, I can refer them back to it so that I don't have to waste my time arguing with someone. If they have any further qualms about my opinion, they can give me a legitimate reason and I'll give them my feedback. I'm sorry that you're not the OP and it's not your thread. If you don't like the way I have things done, you're free not to post again. Not everyone does everything the same. I am not breaking any terms of service by asking people to look over the course of the conversation thus far. If/when they read it, and they have more to say, good for them. I can reply.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Nyadriel
Skylune
chaos butterfly
Csilla Silvana
npulse

Good for you, you're more than welcome to believe whatever you want and have that little faith with your negativity. Because that's always a great outlook on life/Gaia.

God forbid they release something one at a time. Because you never know, maybe they wanted to judge how the systems would be received, test for any bugs, before they release another one. Crazy talk, I know. rolleyes

3nodding I have plenty of faith. Faith in Gaia's track record concerning things that don't make any/enough money.

I find it ironic that many of the users saying non cash users should wait because they're going to get a reward (someday...) are probably the self-same users that were telling users they were stupid and gullible for believing Gaia's promise never to rerelease the Angelic Halo. lol

The angelic halo should have never, never, never, I mean never, have been released. That saddens my heart that Gaia would fall below the standards of greed-stricken men and women. Once again, they could ask for help from their userbase by asking for more donations or better incentive items. From a large volume of the postings I've seen so far from people who support Club Verge, they got in, and their attitudes were somewhat snooty and called the rest of the user-base virtually jealous and envious. The elitist have shown their true colors, while the rest of us sit and shake our heads.

Many of them. Not all of us. I am one that got in. I did break down and bought the Unicorn. I expected that one to be priced as such since the other one was but really expected it to be in BF (mentioned that before somewhere)
But the... the whole thing was simply bad timing on Gaia's part because it came too soon after the Summer Sale. And $1000 is... yipes!

"buyer's fatigue"
That and
"sticker shock"
This is basically why there is so much negativity.

Absolutely. I am glad that you got in, and I hold no personal ill will for you while you got in. It's your own personal choice and preference to use the shop, and keep your membership. I have nothing against members of the Club Verge that aren't elitist prudes who, well think, their s**t doesn't stink. You're a very down to earth individual. My problem with Club Verge is the way Gaia presented it, the prices of items, the overall favoritism, and the way that they carelessly threw about incentives for the rest of us "later". Of course we matter. We're just far being the GC-users.
I'm curious about the birthday items, I wonder if they'll be similar to the monthly birthstone thingies we get in the cash shop or if it will be something untradeable and shiny like those Gaia anniversary sashes!

Romantic Lover

13,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Skylune
npulse
Skylune
npulse

(edited for minor error)

While I respect that you have an opinion, I will not repeat myself. I'm tired of pitting myself against people who don't take the time to skim the course of the conversation before putting in their two cents. You're not obligated to read all posts, but you're also not obligated to post. When you entered the forum, it was plainly stated to read all postings because I was tired of arguments over the same thing. As for your post in quote to your previous statement, you must look to your past to know your roots, so that you can make a brighter better future for yourself. The past isn't to be forgotten so easily. And if Gaia needed money (obviously you my not have read all postings because I clearly went over this topic with someone else) and was on the verge of financial collapse, all they'd need to do is let the public know, give incentives, ask for small donations, and people (as heartless as you make them out to be), will help.

Edit: As much of an a** I may seem, I still find respect for you even with your argument. It's nothing personal against you, and I apologize in advance if I've offended you.

I find that if I make a topic and start to repeat myself, I tend to edit my firt post as so it can be answered there instead of people looking around. I just personally find that easier than telling people to read though a thread.

Just because I read all posts before posting however does not mean that I won't touch up on something that has already been said. Most likely due to the reasoning given wasn't enough for me as an answer or I felt it was an inadequate answer and wanted more in depth reasoning for it.

I never said people were heartless. In fact, many posts I've made before about Gaia and money in the past has been for them to ask for help if they need help because I know people will donate and help a site they love.

I'm not offended, don't worry sweatdrop I am irritated but that's my own fault since I feel that there was a better way to handle it. Anyways, my posting is now getting off topic for this thread so I'll leave it up to you if you would like to reply back or if you want to continue with a pm or something about it.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Harudaku
I'm curious about the birthday items, I wonder if they'll be similar to the monthly birthstone thingies we get in the cash shop or if it will be something untradeable and shiny like those Gaia anniversary sashes!

That does leave me curious. Only if they intend for them to be good items.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
npulse
Skylune
npulse
Skylune
npulse

(edited for minor error)

I find that if I make a topic and start to repeat myself, I tend to edit my firt post as so it can be answered there instead of people looking around. I just personally find that easier than telling people to read though a thread.

Just because I read all posts before posting however does not mean that I won't touch up on something that has already been said. Most likely due to the reasoning given wasn't enough for me as an answer or I felt it was an inadequate answer and wanted more in depth reasoning for it.

I never said people were heartless. In fact, many posts I've made before about Gaia and money in the past has been for them to ask for help if they need help because I know people will donate and help a site they love.

I'm not offended, don't worry sweatdrop I am irritated but that's my own fault since I feel that there was a better way to handle it. Anyways, my posting is now getting off topic for this thread so I'll leave it up to you if you would like to reply back or if you want to continue with a pm or something about it.

Well, you're more than welcome to continue speaking to me about the topic via PM. People are human, and they tend to get upset. It's something we can't help.

Timid Kitten

14,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
npulse
Csilla Silvana
npulse
Csilla Silvana
npulse

They can say they're going to have something for people who don't spend a lot of money all they want. I'm not believing it till it happens.

If they actually do have something else in the works they should have waited and released both together.

Good for you, you're more than welcome to believe whatever you want and have that little faith with your negativity. Because that's always a great outlook on life/Gaia.

God forbid they release something one at a time. Because you never know, maybe they wanted to judge how the systems would be received, test for any bugs, before they release another one. Crazy talk, I know. rolleyes

3nodding I have plenty of faith. Faith in Gaia's track record concerning things that don't make any/enough money.

Makes me wonder why you waste your time on here..seeing as Gaia doesn't make enough money and is on the verge of collapsing or whatever else you are going to believe with that outlook.

So what, maybe they don't? Obviously that would mean what they are doing is for a good reason to help keep this site running while they try to fix things. But I guess people don't care about that, all they care about is Gaia is money hungry. And they don't want to support a money hungry company.

Well I guess it's going to be you all that causes Gaia's downfall as they can't get enough money to support the site.

I "waste time here" because I like the community. I don't believe Gaia is on the verge of collapse. But thanks for assuming a bunch of complete bull-s**t about me, also nice idiotic little blame game at the end there.

We're not stupid, we know the site needs money. We know It also needs more than "Pay us for s**t!" to keep people here. We're not here for a pay-to-play dress up game, and we're trying to make sure they remember that. There are things that need fixed, things that have been completely abandoned, and things people have been asking for, for years. What we got is an exclusive shop with obscenely over priced items for "big spenders," and you know what? "Big spenders" deserve a hell of a lot better than to be treated like ******** money bags waiting to be emptied! No people don't have to buy things from it, but the fact that CV was made in the first place tells a hell of lot about how they see people.

Dangerous Fairy

20,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
Skylune
Nyadriel
Skylune
chaos butterfly
Csilla Silvana
npulse

I find it ironic that many of the users saying non cash users should wait because they're going to get a reward (someday...) are probably the self-same users that were telling users they were stupid and gullible for believing Gaia's promise never to rerelease the Angelic Halo. lol

The angelic halo should have never, never, never, I mean never, have been released. That saddens my heart that Gaia would fall below the standards of greed-stricken men and women. Once again, they could ask for help from their userbase by asking for more donations or better incentive items. From a large volume of the postings I've seen so far from people who support Club Verge, they got in, and their attitudes were somewhat snooty and called the rest of the user-base virtually jealous and envious. The elitist have shown their true colors, while the rest of us sit and shake our heads.

Many of them. Not all of us. I am one that got in. I did break down and bought the Unicorn. I expected that one to be priced as such since the other one was but really expected it to be in BF (mentioned that before somewhere)
But the... the whole thing was simply bad timing on Gaia's part because it came too soon after the Summer Sale. And $1000 is... yipes!

"buyer's fatigue"
That and
"sticker shock"
This is basically why there is so much negativity.

Absolutely. I am glad that you got in, and I hold no personal ill will for you while you got in. It's your own personal choice and preference to use the shop, and keep your membership. I have nothing against members of the Club Verge that aren't elitist prudes who, well think, their s**t doesn't stink. You're a very down to earth individual. My problem with Club Verge is the way Gaia presented it, the prices of items, the overall favoritism, and the way that they carelessly threw about incentives for the rest of us "later". Of course we matter. We're just far being the GC-users.

Yeah I think they should have waited a month and presented it better. Do the other thing either shortly before or shortly after (pretty much together as someone else mentioned) when it is ALL done. But I think they should have waited a month. Definitely. Spaced out more.
People want more stuff. Other people don't want to see CS stuff. We only get a few somethings a month and there are those that still b***h. I do not see a problem with regular stuff and the occasional bundle or two. Others are saying "it's too much". Which I do not understand. It's NOT a lot.

To note:
They (the Staff and especially the higher-ups) will have to realize that come November, what with Club offerings and Black Friday... Thanksgiving... December Club offerings... Christmas... January Club offerings... and tax time...

People THEN are really gonna be "fatigued". And there will be more bitching because people will be irritable. You mark my words. This was a hornet's nest of angry bees.

Dangerous Fairy

20,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
Harudaku

I saw that tiny little crown for this month. Somebody likened it to an orange Popsicle. But I think it is cute - even though I have to stick my nose close to my monitor to see it (half-blind and cant see tiny things even with glasses)

Prophet

Harudaku

User ImageUser Image
♥ ♥

My birthday is in the beginning of July so I received the
item. I'm able to gift it/donate it/trade it. The one thing I'm
curious about is if it will change yearly. sweatdrop

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

Dangerous Citizen

Skylune

I am glad that someone such as yourself believes the same as I do. Albeit, I'm not as angry now as I was, I still feel the same opinion-wise.

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one that felt that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff