Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Club Verge is quite possibly the most insulting thing I've seen since you decided Gaia Cash would be the main incentive for getting anything worth while. I've been on Gaia since 2003, albeit this particular account was created in 2006 (Yes, I said it. Get over it). The very thought that you put your priorities towards money instead of longevity/activity is insulting. It's even more disturbing that you make those who get access into your Exclusive Elitist "Club Verge", pay hundreds of dollars for pixels that they should be getting huge discounts on. I read the moderator posts in forums. I have the notifications. I also read that they were planning on incentives for loyalty or post amounts, but that should have came first. It should have come far before Gaia Cash spenders who already receive massive amounts of discounts and breaks that those of us who actually work for our gold, don't get. Now, I don't plan on leaving Gaia. I have no intentions of making silly threats like that. I just feel excruciatingly disappointed that Gaia did not thoroughly think of the actions they made. Their business practices as of late serve to line their fat pockets with money and spit in the faces of those who don't have the money to spend, spend their time earning gold the old fashioned way, or know better than to spend their money on pixels they'll never really own.

I know that I'm ranting, but honestly, I feel that I should voice my opinion.
This is "site feedback", right?

Edit:
Please read the following posts before making your own post.
I'm getting a little tired of explaining the same thing to everyone who just wants an argument.

*NOTE: Obviously love doesn't pay their bills, and I'm aware businesses need profit to flourish. I can also understand that there are more reasonable ways to profit with the customers in mind. Please don't post in my thread with that response. You're beating a dead horse.

This argument between people has gone on too far, and while I appreciate that everyone has an opinion and that many of the posts were very good and related to the topic, I will be closing the topic to further posts and ask that it be deleted by a moderator. Those of you who think it's my way of waving the white flag, I must inform you that this topic was meant for site feedback only and now has become a long-standing debate. It would be better moved to Extended Discussions, since the feedback has been given, explained, and ultimately, the thread will not die. Site Feedback threads such as this are not meant to last long. I appreciate everyone. If anyone would like to continue their discussion over this topic with me, you're free to privately message me as well. This topic is hereby closed.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Mage The Red
>Literally saying what everyone else has said for over a day now, right down to the "I've been here since X year" portion.

Are we even serious anymore.

I'm sorry. I seem to have mistaken this forum for the site feedback forum, where you could post your own personal feedback of the site. I'm not speaking for every one else. I'm speaking of my own personal accord. If you can't provide decent conversation or even a reply that even remotely relates to the topic at hand, please leave the thread. I mean you no offense.

Virtuous Healer

Unfortunately, longevity cannot pay their bills as well as real money can. It's not an alien idea that businesses will give special treatments to people who do pay them a certain amount. It's also no surprise that paying does provide certain short cuts. Instead of questing, they cut the time it takes and just get the item immediately. Gaia directly benefits as well in the shortest time possible.

Unfortunately, that is not my lot. I'm just waiting for them to release the perks for older and active users like they mentioned in the staff alert.

Tricky Demon

20,900 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
Skylune
Mage The Red
>Literally saying what everyone else has said for over a day now, right down to the "I've been here since X year" portion.

I'm sorry. I seem to have mistaken this forum for the site feedback forum, where you could post your own personal feedback of the site. I'm not speaking for every one else. I'm speaking of my own personal accord. If you can't provide decent conversation or even a reply that even remotely relates to the topic at hand, please leave the thread. I mean you no offense.

Look, your feedback is literally a rehash of everyone else's feedback so far. You're offended because you didn't get into a secret club that requires you to spend $100 dollars in the span of 12 months. You've been here since 2003, and it just grinds your gears that Gaia would dare cater to the users that spend money compared to the users that post, play games, and use the rest of the site.

Love doesn't pay the bills, and if that offends you so much, you're free to leave.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
A mali
Unfortunately, longevity cannot pay their bills as well as real money can. It's not an alien idea that businesses will give special treatments to people who do pay them a certain amount. It's also no surprise that paying does provide certain short cuts. Instead of questing, they cut the time it takes and just get the item immediately. Gaia directly benefits as well in the shortest time possible.

Unfortunately, that is not my lot. I'm just waiting for them to release the perks for older and active users like they mentioned in the staff alert.

I can truly understand the need for profits as I work for a very large phone and internet company (a.k.a Verizon Wireless), but I also understand Verizon gives its loyal customers offers and promotions where they can pay a fraction of a price for a phone/internet plan that other newer customers wouldn't get until they spent the time there.
The business practice here isn't very well thought out. You can't make money if your fan-base dwindles from lack of care. I spend Gaia Cash every once in a while. I contribute when the bills aren't high and the diapers haven't burned a hole in my wallet. It's just insulting to see what Gaia has done to itself and the fact that it most likely, in reality, won't be getting any better.

Hot Dog

Ehhhhhhh I'm on the fence with this one.

I don't mind people who pay heaps of money getting some more perks. I mean, it does help the site, so I'm cool with that.

On the other hand perhaps Gaia could've been a little more... gentle with the launch message? sweatdrop Like perhaps, say, "We're currently working on incentives and giving back to all Gaians, and here's the first one we managed to finish." Certain assigned modules sometimes end earlier because they're probably easier to code. It's probably being worked on concurrently, perhaps some were tricky, or the ones for longevity are grander than the cash ones, therefore take a longer time to finish? eek

I'mma try to look at the bright side here and think the longevity one's grander... sweatdrop

Dangerous Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Mage The Red
Skylune
Mage The Red

Look, your feedback is literally a rehash of everyone else's feedback so far. You're offended because you didn't get into a secret club that requires you to spend $100 dollars in the span of 12 months. You've been here since 2003, and it just grinds your gears that Gaia would dare cater to the users that spend money compared to the users that post, play games, and use the rest of the site.

Love doesn't pay the bills, and if that offends you so much, you're free to leave.

I've read the feedback on other threads, and I've decided to make my own. If you don't like it, don't read it, and be glad to leave. Yes, I'm offended that I haven't been invited into the "cool kids club", but I'm also offended that even if I was invited, they'd want me to spend hundreds for pixels I can't legally own. Now, please, if you can't post anything that even really progresses the thread, without trying to insult me, please "Feel free to leave". I think I have a right to give Gaia my feedback just like everyone else.

Virtuous Healer

Skylune
A mali

I can truly understand the need for profits as I work for a very large phone and internet company (a.k.a Verizon Wireless), but I also understand Verizon gives its loyal customers offers and promotions where they can pay a fraction of a price for a phone/internet plan that other newer customers wouldn't get until they spent the time there.
The business practice here isn't very well thought out. You can't make money if your fan-base dwindles from lack of care. I spend Gaia Cash every once in a while. I contribute when the bills aren't high and the diapers haven't burned a hole in my wallet. It's just insulting to see what Gaia has done to itself and the fact that it most likely, in reality, won't be getting any better.
I'm not so sure I would be making such conclusions this early. If Gaia did get more money from all these sales and the club, they are planning for it to be put into future projects. I would guess, aside from the immediate gratification of bought items, many of those 'extraordinary supporters' had Gaia's continued existence and progress as a worthwhile goal. It seems to make little sense to be investing so much more money in a business that is going under. They probably do realize that they are just going to be throwing their money needlessly if they don't foresee a future they would like to see for the site.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
BOMB4Y
Ehhhhhhh I'm on the fence with this one.

I don't mind people who pay heaps of money getting some more perks. I mean, it does help the site, so I'm cool with that.

On the other hand perhaps Gaia could've been a little more... gentle with the launch message? sweatdrop Like perhaps, say, "We're currently working on incentives and giving back to all Gaians, and here's the first one we managed to finish." Certain assigned modules sometimes end earlier because they're probably easier to code. It's probably being worked on concurrently, perhaps some were tricky, or the ones for longevity are grander than the cash ones, therefore take a longer time to finish? eek

I'mma try to look at the bright side here and think the longevity one's grander... sweatdrop

Now, if they were to make adjustments to their wording and actually make promises of something equally grandeur, or even more so, for loyalty/posts, I wouldn't have a problem at all. As far as it comes right now though, it's a slap in the face.

Obsessive Nerd

They're WORKING ON rewards for users who've been on for whatever amount of time, have whatever posts, blah blah. There's nothing wrong for rewarding users who help the site stay online and free to play first. :/ Gaia doesn't run on smiles and sunshine like users thing it do. They're not SPITTING in anyone's faces. They're just giving some perks to users who buy items. That's not a big deal. Uses who don't spend GC don't need access to the shop anyways.

Dangerous Millionaire

9,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
A mali
Skylune
A mali

I'm not so sure I would be making such conclusions this early. If Gaia did get more money from all these sales and the club, they are planning for it to be put into future projects. I would guess, aside from the immediate gratification of bought items, many of those 'extraordinary supporters' had Gaia's continued existence and progress as a worthwhile goal. It seems to make little sense to be investing so much more money in a business that is going under. They probably do realize that they are just going to be throwing their money needlessly if they don't foresee a future they would like to see for the site.

It may be my clear pessimism, and the fact that Gaia Cash is the only way to generate extreme amounts of funding in a shorter period of time. The business can suffer if it doesn't do more to improve the quality of service provided to the customers/user base. Now, I personally and honestly don't know the financial status of Gaia's business as of late, but if they were struggling, they know that if they needed any assistance, and plea from the customers or even an incentive for assistance with their needs, could be simply requested or made known. People will invest time and money into things they believe in and trust. If businesses don't understand that, they're doomed to fail in the end. I would like to hope Gaia isn't one of these businesses.

Tricky Demon

20,900 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
Skylune
I've read the feedback on other threads, and I've decided to make my own. If you don't like it, don't read it, and be glad to leave. Yes, I'm offended that I haven't been invited into the "cool kids club", but I'm also offended that even if I was invited, they'd want me to spend hundreds for pixels I can't legally own. Now, please, if you can't post anything that even really progresses the thread, without trying to insult me, please "Feel free to leave". I think I have a right to give Gaia my feedback just like everyone else.

Ha, I haven't even attempted to seriously insult you. If I did, I might as well ask to be banned. lol

It's a public forum, junior. I'm free to give my feedback on your "feedback", whether you like it or not. And putting me on the Ignore list would only be breaking the rules of Site Feedback, but I digress.

It isn't a cool kids club. It's a special club for users that may want to spend a little more for extra, exclusive pixels. Did you see that? I said pixels. Nothing to be offended over, or even be seriously be upset about. I'm assuming you've seen the items at this point, so why does it matter that you can't own them? 95% of the shop items so far have been pretty terrible, and extremely overpriced.

Besides, it's not like your feedback is extremely progressive other than echoing what a lot of people have already said to death. I think the term "Beating a Dead Horse" comes to mind.

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
In all honesty I'm not surprised, but you gotta understand they need money to keep the site going. And yes, putting an item up for $50 is pretty ridiculous and Club Verge is full of s**t in my opinion but the main reason they do it is they need money. They still provide ways to get gold, and yeah its not as easy when you can use cash but I'm a bit neutral about it. I don't think much of Club Verge in the least, however I do understand its one of their ways to try and keep the site up with supporters. I think they could of been a bit more clever x3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games