Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Zelkiiro
FINISH HER!!

Also, if you pay attention to Jesus teachings, he says explicitly that he didnt come to Earth to change any of the laws of Moses--instead, he would only add to them. This means that Christianity should, in reality, simply be Judaism with a few more rules added.

With that said, why do you pay any attention to Pauls letters? Everything he wrote is decidedly un-kosher, and completely clashes with what Jesus taught.

Wheres your copy of the Torah? Where are your fringes with the tekhelet stripe? Why stop at 10 commandments and not post all 613 of them on your walls?

Did you eat bacon at all recently? Youre a filthy infidel and need to live in solitude for 7 days while bathing yourself constantly as you quote the Torah, which you should be carrying with you anyway.

Now, being basically Jewish, why even worship Jesus as the Messiah? He didnt rebuild the Temple of Solomon. He didnt lead any militaristic movements against the enemies of Israel. He didnt establish any long-lasting peace. He failed at 3 out of 4 qualifications of being a Messiah the other one being of the lineage of David, and its alleged that he at least fit that bill).

Im not saying you shouldnt believe. Im saying you should rub your brain cells together and actually think about what it is youre believing in instead of following it blindly.

ZELKIIRO WINS. FATALITY.

Time for a new opponent

If he came only to add some more rules then why did he die? Why where there so many prophecies specifically concerning Jesus coming, death, and resurrection? Why was it so important that god make it easier for us to get to heaven?

Its because while Jesus didnt come to save the world and he may have given another rule to follow he came to sacrifice himself for our sins. He came to take all the punishment for us so that way all we need to go to heaven and repent and place our faith in god. The laws of Moses still apply but they serve more as a way for us to earn rewards. The reason we should live for god and follow his ten commandments given to Moses after god gave Moses the strength to rescue his people from slavery is to store up riches in heaven just like doing a good job at work will give you a pay check following gods rules and doing as he asks will give us treasure in heaven.

When Jesus said that he will rebuild the temple in three days he referred to his body. I can say this because the text never says he pointed at a building or himself and he never rebuilt that temple. He did, however, come back exactly 3 days after being buried.

Now Im no expert of all the different texts like the Torah or the quran but what I do know is that god doesnt ever say its ok to idolize anything except him and Jesus did what was important even on the sabbath. So Im sure that if I saw a friend bleeding God wouldnt want me to wait a day to help him.

I may have come across ticked but Im just having fun smile so you know. Theres no hard feelings. I am curious though because of your last paragraph what it is you believe

Fashionable Lunatic

911child
Really, i never came across any book saying such. as well as pictures, recording or news articles.

That's because you don't have the backbone to look for any. You're afraid of empirical evidence and logic swaying you from your delicate beliefs, so you pretend that it's all arbitrarily false without doing any thinking or research for yourself.

I, however, am not.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Zelkiiro
allooutrick
Did you know that multiple non Christian sources agree Jesus existed.

Cite them. Id love to see them.
Quote:
Did you know many sources all say Jesus died by crucifixion as the bible says he did?

A rabblerouser in Roman times dying via crucifixion?! INCONCEIVABLE!!
Quote:
Did you know the bible was written within 15 years of Jesus death and resurrection? Plenty early for anyone to discredit it

Wrong. The earliest gospel, the Gospel of Mark, was written around 70 AD. If you are better in Math than you are in Theology, youd know thats 40 years after the time of Jesus death, not 15.
Quote:
Did you also know that the bible contains many important names like Pontious Pilate and Julius Caesar that all witnessed Jesus exist? Yet none of them denied he existed

Julius Caesar died in 44 BC. Clearly youre just as bad in History as you are in Theology.

Also, namedropping doesnt add credibility. By the way, Nicki Minaj says Im a sexy beast. Its true because I said that Nicki Minaj said it.
Quote:
Did you also know gods going to exist whether you say so or not? Thats just logic. I cant say you dont exist and have it be true.

Except that the fundamental existence of God is whats in question. The existence of an entity that cant be seen can very easily be called into question, just like Einsteins Cosmological Constant. Hint: Einsteins Cosmological Constant was proven to not exist.)
Quote:
Also a fun fact for you. A small change in the earths tilt can make seasons too extreme for life to exist.

Congrats, you paid attention in Ecology 101. Any more illuminating facts about Earths axis youd care to share?
Quote:
If youre going to troll on a thread about someones faith when they just wanted to know a few band names then please be aware you will receive opposition and before you think that Christians are cowards hiding in the shadows waiting for a rapture then remember Jesus never backed down. And an apostle went as far as to attack and cut off the ear of the person taking jesus to be condemned.

Youre bad at this. According to that story, Jesus bit into Peters s**t about using lethal force against the soldier; it was not an act youre supposed to praise.

I never claimed to be perfect or having an extensive knowledge. History is also my weak point but the gospel youre referring to is a copy. Still that copy is written early enough for anyone to discredit it. Children and adults alike could still be alive during that time.

If youd like a large list then check out a book titled I dont have enough faith to be an atheist Ive seen its really cheap on amazon right now

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Zelkiiro
911child
You are wrong Julius Ceasar died March 15, 0044 BC

Zelkiiro
Julius Caesar died in 44 BC.

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN
HARRY YOU BEAST UNHAND ME
zelks better at this than i am.

i just went to baptist church for 13 years and learned the hard way.

zelk went to college for it.

I go to church, as well. Im the sound technician at my familys Baptist church. Im also still a believer, but, unlike others, I know when to ask questions.

So why are debating what we believe if we believ the same things then? This is horribly confusing

Fashionable Lunatic

allooutrick
If he came only to add some more rules then why did he die? Why where there so many prophecies specifically concerning Jesus coming, death, and resurrection? Why was it so important that god make it easier for us to get to heaven?

Because Gentiles are people, too.
Quote:
Its because while Jesus didnt come to save the world and he may have given another rule to follow he came to sacrifice himself for our sins. He came to take all the punishment for us so that way all we need to go to heaven and repent and place our faith in god. The laws of Moses still apply but they serve more as a way for us to earn rewards. The reason we should live for god and follow his ten commandments given to Moses after god gave Moses the strength to rescue his people from slavery is to store up riches in heaven just like doing a good job at work will give you a pay check following gods rules and doing as he asks will give us treasure in heaven.

Following the law was never a requirement for anything; rather, it's a sign of devotion and obedience. If you claim to love God, you'd strive to follow them.
Quote:
When Jesus said that he will rebuild the temple in three days he referred to his body. I can say this because the text never says he pointed at a building or himself and he never rebuilt that temple. He did, however, come back exactly 3 days after being buried.

This comes to the core of what's wrong with modern Christianity: too much forced symbolism. The Bible already knows when and how to use it, but people insist on adding more. The Last Supper is an example of symbolism innately present, while "I will rebuild the temple in 3 days" is a perfectly straight statement with no hints of symbolism attached.

He was talking about the Temple of Solomon, as that is the only Temple you referred to back in the day. If he was going to be symbolic about it, he would've said, "This body is as the Temple, and in 3 days, I will rebuild it."
Quote:
Now Im no expert of all the different texts like the Torah or the quran but what I do know is that god doesnt ever say its ok to idolize anything except him and Jesus did what was important even on the sabbath. So Im sure that if I saw a friend bleeding God wouldnt want me to wait a day to help him.

Jesus performed miracles on the Sabbath, which was a VERY BIG no-no among the Jews, because doing anything aside from praying, sleeping, and eating (though sometimes the latter wasn't even allowed) is in violation of the 4th commandment. He may have been making a point about helping others regardless of time, but that's still a very extreme act for a rabbi to partake in.

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
allooutrick

your logic is pretty funny considering it was people who wrote the bible too.

also hows it feel to be shut down so quickly?

Yes it was people. We arent exactly in denial about that. Half the bible was written by Moses and the other half by apostles of Jesus Christi during his life time and various others. They all have something in common though. They were all inspired by god to write and many of them lived in different times. Isnt that funny? Many people who never met all wrote a part of a book that compliments its different parts? Thats amazing considering some authors lived a thousand years apart.

How does it feel to have opposition?

Also check my other post to you smile I just forgot to keep the quote thing but hey Im not perfect. Just like everyone else. Even you

using warped logic to string together s**t doesnt really mean anything.

and jesus christ never existed.

he was a combination moral storys made up by lorists in the b.c. era.

also yet again, no fossel proof of a jesus christ of nazerith.

only texts and revisions.

s**t until the 60s american christians and pretty much white people in general thought jesus was white. =/

Not everything fossilizes, many sources agree Jesus existed, and people do think some retarded stuff. A white man being born in a country of dominantly dark skinned people. Heh pretty funny in how dumb it is
911child
911child
allooutrick

your logic is pretty funny considering it was people who wrote the bible too.

also hows it feel to be shut down so quickly?

Yes it was people. We arent exactly in denial about that. Half the bible was written by Moses and the other half by apostles of Jesus Christi during his life time and various others. They all have something in common though. They were all inspired by god to write and many of them lived in different times. Isnt that funny? Many people who never met all wrote a part of a book that compliments its different parts? Thats amazing considering some authors lived a thousand years apart.

How does it feel to have opposition?

Also check my other post to you smile I just forgot to keep the quote thing but hey Im not perfect. Just like everyone else. Even you

s**t until the 60's american christians and pretty much white people in general thought jesus was white. =/

Your proof being? Were you around in the 60's in the minds of people? highly doubt it. we could have come across his bones yes 'scientists' wouldnt know if it smacked them in the face.

no but pictures, books, recordings, news articles are pretty relevent to this arguement.

Really, i never came across any book saying such. as well as pictures, recording or news articles.

well you dont exactly come off as a guy who prides himself in reading more than one book so i guess i'd imagine its a given.

honestly im attacking your idealisms and opinions on christianity and god, not god directly because science can even show you by default he exists through simple deduction.

he may not be a tangable thing you can interact with ever but that doesnt mean something like god exists.

what i hate are white christians in general because of their overbearing,arrogent,ignorant views they've injected into the religions and turned the whole idea of christianity into a steaming pile of dogshit.

christians muslums and jews are the cancers that kill god.

jesus never died for our sins because he never existed.

god is aloof and completely neutral to us and every version of us that will or ever will exist.

american christianity in all of its forms are cults designed to make you feel bad for being you while they dip their hands into your pockets.

jews wrote the bible in a way that makes them look the best in the situations they talked about in the bible.

muslums do the same ******** thing with their version of their bible with is flat out skew, distort,and outright ignore their own teachings to their holy leaders own ends.

people.

ruined.

god.

your all horrible in your own respective way....so why would you wanna focus all that into something even worse?
I see you folks are on the daddy hates me and I'm going to attack religion tyraid. Fun.

Blessed Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Zelkiiro
911child

That's because you don't have the backbone to look for any. You're afraid of empirical evidence and logic swaying you from your delicate beliefs, so you pretend that it's all arbitrarily false without doing any thinking or research for yourself.

I, however, am not.

You think you know me. dont even act like you do. Unlike you i believe and will proclaim to all i believe in God. Unlike you i am happy knowing we are here for a reason then just here by accident. Unlike you I am happy God is there and unlike you i welcome the rapture because i know where i am headed. Unlike you, i pity you. You wont be saved if you keep up your feeble attempts to disprove God. Unlike you i dont try to figure out what your are, but what you are not. You hide behind words, you hope God doesnt exist because you know you messed up, why else would you go to your families church, if you didnt believe you wouldnt be there. You want to believe, but your scared, because you know you messed up. I pity you. Sure, im a human like you, corrupt and imperfect, but unlike you i want to please God in any manner i can. I will defend God to the death. One day, Christians will be killed for their belief, if that happens in my life time, i wouldnt deny God just to live, i still will proclaim that i believe in God. He is waiting for us, even you. I suggest you truly turn to him or be content to suffer with the others who wont believe.

Fashionable Lunatic

911child
You wont be saved if you keep up your feeble attempts to disprove God.

Quick! Look up Romans 10:13 and tell me what it says!

Quick! Try to find any scripture which states salvation can either be earned or lost!

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Generous 100
  • Overstocked 200
Zelkiiro
allooutrick

Because Gentiles are people, too.
Quote:

Following the law was never a requirement for anything; rather, its a sign of devotion and obedience. If you claim to love God, youd strive to follow them.
Quote:

This comes to the core of whats wrong with modern Christianity: too much forced symbolism. The Bible already knows when and how to use it, but people insist on adding more. The Last Supper is an example of symbolism innately present, while I will rebuild the temple in 3 days is a perfectly straight statement with no hints of symbolism attached.

He was talking about the Temple of Solomon, as that is the only Temple you referred to back in the day. If he was going to be symbolic about it, he wouldve said, This body is as the Temple, and in 3 days, I will rebuild it.
Quote:

Jesus performed miracles on the Sabbath, which was a VERY BIG no-no among the Jews, because doing anything aside from praying, sleeping, and eating though sometimes the latter wasnt even allowed) is in violation of the 4th commandment. He may have been making a point about helping others regardless of time, but thats still a very extreme act for a rabbi to partake in.

Perhaps it was to make a point but still I dont see god resting when something must be done. Things that cant wait. If it can wait and we do it it likely is going against that commandment. Still following gods example we shouldnt wait to do something that must be done right away

Im only applying symbolism because taking that passage literal leads to a flawed answer. Theres a quote I follow when I read the bible. That is when common sense makes perfect sense seek no other sense
Ronins_Cross
I see you folks are on the daddy hates me and I'm going to attack religion tyraid. Fun.

hey, ******** you, i live in the midwestern part of the bible belt.

i have every ******** right to vent when i feel the need to. talk2hand
Ronins_Cross

hey, ******** you, i live in the midwestern part of the bible belt.

i have every ******** right to vent when i feel the need to. talk2hand

No, I don't think venting when it equals disrespect is worth anything. wink

Blessed Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
911child
911child

s**t until the 60's american christians and pretty much white people in general thought jesus was white. =/

Your proof being? Were you around in the 60's in the minds of people? highly doubt it. we could have come across his bones yes 'scientists' wouldnt know if it smacked them in the face.

no but pictures, books, recordings, news articles are pretty relevent to this arguement.

well you dont exactly come off as a guy who prides himself in reading more than one book so i guess i'd imagine its a given.

honestly im attacking your idealisms and opinions on christianity and god, not god directly because science can even show you by default he exists through simple deduction.

he may not be a tangable thing you can interact with ever but that doesnt mean something like god exists.

what i hate are white christians in general because of their overbearing,arrogent,ignorant views they've injected into the religions and turned the whole idea of christianity into a steaming pile of dogshit.

christians muslums and jews are the cancers that kill god.

jesus never died for our sins because he never existed.

god is aloof and completely neutral to us and every version of us that will or ever will exist.

american christianity in all of its forms are cults designed to make you feel bad for being you while they dip their hands into your pockets.

jews wrote the bible in a way that makes them look the best in the situations they talked about in the bible.

muslums do the same ******** thing with their version of their bible with is flat out skew, distort,and outright ignore their own teachings to their holy leaders own ends.

people.

ruined.

god.

your all horrible in your own respective way....so why would you wanna focus all that into something even worse?

Really, we form cults? I dare you, come to my church. We are not a cult. We welcome anyone who wants to come in, we dont judge, yeah we ask for offerings, but because we say God wants it, truly he doesnt, he has no need for money he wants us to show we can give from our hearts. I dislike Ignorant people, who act like they accept every one but turn against christians. God is unable to die, for he is Eternal. Jesus did die for our sins, to say he didnt exist is to say God didnt exist which is not true. you say he is real then spin around and say he isnt, my friend, hypocrisy will get you no where. You seem to think you are better, but like me you are a corrupt impure human. and unlike you i with all my heart believe in God.

Blessed Lunatic

11,000 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
allooutrick
Zelkiiro
911child
You are wrong Julius Ceasar died March 15, 0044 BC

Zelkiiro
Julius Caesar died in 44 BC.

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN
zelks better at this than i am.

i just went to baptist church for 13 years and learned the hard way.

zelk went to college for it.

I go to church, as well. Im the sound technician at my familys Baptist church. Im also still a believer, but, unlike others, I know when to ask questions.

So why are debating what we believe if we believ the same things then? This is horribly confusing
they debate for the sake of debating. no logic, no thought.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games