Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Fatcat

When I was younger I would hold grudges for a long time.
But now that I'm older, I've learned to let things go. They say "Forgive and Forget". I believe in forgiving, but not forgetting. I can get over the fact that someone said/did something that offended me, but I most likely will not forget what they said/did.
Life's too short to hold something against someone that, in all reality, wasn't really a big deal anyway.

Bashful Pup

User Image

They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops. And that's true.

I guess it depends. Generally, I'm forgiving, but I do tend to hold grudges sometimes. I think it just depends on what it is that they did.

What they don't tell you, is that once time starts again, it moves extra fast to catch up.
I try to be forgiving, but pesky emotions can get in the way and can sometimes make me feel vindictive.

Chatty Fatcat

7,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
It all depends. I am usually forgiving of most people, but if I all-around hate someone's personality and they do something bad to me on top of that, I see no reason to forgive them because I don't even like them.
No. I never have been one to let go of a grudge. Even if I still hang out with or talk to someone who has hurt me in some way, I'll always have that anger toward them in the back of my mind. I guess it's made me a less trusting person in general, but it's also not entirely my fault.
I don't forgive, and I hold grudges as long as they don't interfere with my life.
Captain Jailbait
I don't forgive, and I hold grudges as long as they don't interfere with my life.

I used to hold grudges, but I learned that biting people really hard when they least suspect it makes me feel loads better.
the enlightenment
Katsumi_Noir
I'm pretty forgiving a lot of the time.
However, if someone's really wronged me or the people I care about then I'll never forgive them and will bide my time till they get their comeuppance.

What if them hurting you was unintentional?

Generally I tend to give second chances for people to redeem themselves and learn from their mistakes. They wrong me again then I'm done playing nice - they can stay away from me & those I love, or feel my wrath.
I don't trust anyone anymore after being wronged so many times by those I thought were friends etc. Once can be given the benefit of the doubt, second time it was clearly intentional as they didn't learn so repercussions will come to them.

Distinct Poster

I wish I could hold a grudge. Recently my feelings were hurt for once. It would be logical not to talk to that person but I'm too nice for my own good. sad
The_Dread_Toaster
Captain Jailbait

I used to hold grudges, but I learned that biting people really hard when they least suspect it makes me feel loads better.
But when I bite people, it's usually not because I'm mad at them. sad My affection leaves scars.
Belonging To Night
I try to be forgiving, but pesky emotions can get in the way and can sometimes make me feel vindictive.

At least you admit it. I try my best to live life rationally for that very purpose..
i never hold grudges

but i don't forgive people who screw me over royally.
i might still talk to them but never really trust them the same way again
Captain Jailbait
The_Dread_Toaster
Captain Jailbait

But when I bite people, it's usually not because I'm mad at them. sad My affection leaves scars.

D'aw <3
Katsumi_Noir
the enlightenment
Katsumi_Noir
I'm pretty forgiving a lot of the time.
However, if someone's really wronged me or the people I care about then I'll never forgive them and will bide my time till they get their comeuppance.

What if them hurting you was unintentional?

Generally I tend to give second chances for people to redeem themselves and learn from their mistakes. They wrong me again then I'm done playing nice - they can stay away from me & those I love, or feel my wrath.
I don't trust anyone anymore after being wronged so many times by those I thought were friends etc. Once can be given the benefit of the doubt, second time it was clearly intentional as they didn't learn so repercussions will come to them.

See, I asked primarily because I was curious.. As I am known to hurt others, unintentionally. I am very blunt, and direct and at worst derisively cutting, the reason for that is I truly do not like to waste time, unless that was the plan. An example is "ignoring" people. I do not answer questions that I find silly and repetitive especially if I have already given a response. My sitter is a very sensitive person, and there are plenty of times where she gets offended by me and it is unintentional. She will make a comment and I will answer shortly, if I don't tailor it a certain way, I hurt her feelings. It just starts up unecessary drama, that drains me. I hope to meet someone that is able to accept short responses without whining about it. My example isn't sufficient, I did just wake up and I need time to think.

How do you give them a second chance? What if what they did, they did not view as offensive and you are coming to them with an expected apology? How does that go about?

What is your wrath? I am very humored by this kinds of peoples "you will feel
my wrath!" I think, "actually I will do not such thing, you are immature and preconceiving ways to hurt me over a slight when you should just grow up and get over it, I will feel no such thing, I will ignore you." that is what I truly think. My bestfriend is very vindictive our friendship consists of me ignoring her when that side comes out because it is childish, a waste of time. I'm not trying to put you down or anything.
Tea Leaf Dancer
i never hold grudges

but i don't forgive people who screw me over royally.
i might still talk to them but never really trust them the same way again

What is it like to screw you over royally?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff