Welcome to Gaia! ::

Any body read this book? What does everybody think???
Am i the only one who has then? confused
This is a really slow forum, you won't get responses too quickly, especially in regards to a book that isn't really well known. So please, don't bump sweatdrop

Yes, I have read Roverandom. Highly amusing book, I enjoyed it very much. Twas also a really cute book, and had a great storyline. Loved it.
I loved it too, it was cute and because it was written for his children just wish he had finished it himself!!
I've read Roverandom. Highly imaginative. It's a very good children's story and I enjoyed it a lot. 3nodding
I want to read it but it isn't published in France crying
I've been pronouncing silent p's ever since.
Sounds like a good book
I liked how it kinda tied into some of the older ME mythology, it really illuminated some of the changes that the whole set of works went through.
One awesome book. It was very imaginative and probably the most extreme as far as fantasy goes.
peregrintook
One awesome book. It was very imaginative and probably the most extreme as far as fantasy goes.
You found Roverrandom extreme? neutral I'm assuming you haven't read the Silmarillion.
I found Roverandom more fantastical than the Silm. The Silmarillion reads much more like a history than a fantasy story, so I concur with peregrintook that Roverandom is highly imaginative.

And it has a much more satisfactory ending, if less invovling of the reader.
PearlZenith
I found Roverandom more fantastical than the Silm. The Silmarillion reads much more like a history than a fantasy story, so I concur with peregrintook that Roverandom is highly imaginative.

And it has a much more satisfactory ending, if less invovling of the reader.

It's more imaginative in the fact that it's random (Hence, I think, part of the name) More perculiar things happen, like Rover growing wings, or sand wizards. (That makes me wonder if it's a derivitive of a sandwich) That's because it was a book written for a child. A child cn accept these events and delight in them, whereupon they would never comprehend the Silmarillion.
It's been a very long time, but I've read it. Probably five years, at least.
I guess different people have different opinions on what's fantastic or extreme. I personally found Roverrandom fantastical in the sense a child would. Children's stories often have over-exageration and are usually completely made up of fiction and little fact. If you consider that extreme fantasy then I see why but I personally find stories which expand greatly more fantastical int he sense that they needed more imagination.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games