Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I'm almost through Uta No Prince Sama....and ugh, objectively I know its so lame and normally I would never care to watch anything like this but damn it I'm practically done the series....I feel so embarrassed for myself, haha. (For those who don't know its basically a reverse harem story with the typical excessively girly wuss of a female main character surrounded by a bunch of guys, and exactly what you would expect)

You guys have any similar experiences?

Chatty Poster

3,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Oh there is way worst. Like real hentai or something. burning_eyes

I think a majority of anime's are embarrassing, even if they are good. For example Card Captor Sakura or Sailor Moon, some people running around with freaking powers in a world that doesn't even make sense and falling in love.

Animes are for people with hyperactive imaginations.
PliR
Oh there is way worst. Like real hentai or something. burning_eyes

I think a majority of anime's are embarrassing, even if they are good. For example Card Captor Sakura or Sailor Moon, some people running around with freaking powers in a world that doesn't even make sense and falling in love.

Animes are for people with hyperactive imaginations.

I'm not embarrassed of Sailor Moon just because I was a kid when I watched it and its a classic for that reason, but I see your point.

Chatty Poster

3,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Yeah, I am not embarrassed either. heart Mercury was my favorite. Google glasses give me hope. Lol.

While I recognize things for being conceptually embarrassing, I do feel no shame for those things I use to love. After all, we were just products of our generation.

Girl-Crazy Capitalist

Hm...I have a few, the subjectively most embarrassing are from my first starting out weeby thirteen year old dark ages.
I tricked my mom into buying me the Loveless DVDs and Gravitation boxset. In almost seven years I literally haven't even finished Gravitation beyond the second disc out of four. I'm really hoping to sell it incredibly soon because oh gosh. Like, have you ever experienced second hand embarrassment - you see a character doing something so embarrassing that you don't even want to watch or acknowledge it anymore? That's how I felt watching Gravitation.
Loveless...I hate the shouta elements and don't care at all for the main characters/couple (for former reason), but I'm keeping it for the lesbian school girls only shown in like two episodes.

A newer one would be Dance in the Vampire Bund because I watched it a few months ago and didn't hate it. I thought it was a lolicon and it's actually not. I mean, it's still not the greatest thing ever and has a lot of flaws, but yeah, I did not hate it. The opening animation makes me feel so dirty and guilty though, because I love love love the music and song and Aiko Nakano's voice...but if only the animations of the opening could be...not what appears to be a very little girl dancing naked while a young man embraces her???

Also as a sort of comment to PliR's comment about being embarrassed about CCS or Sailor Moon, I don't think anyone should ever be embarrassed by such series, even though I don't even really like CCS. I'm an adult and I'm always happy to defend Sailor Moon or be blatant in that I'm a fan and still am. You're never too old for friendship and love to save your world from evil :B
stare F...fruits Basket. ......... scream SHUT UP! There's nothing wrong with a fully hetero male watching smaltzy romantic comedies!!! Don't judge me! xd
Croco_D_Isle
stare F...fruits Basket. ......... scream SHUT UP! There's nothing wrong with a fully hetero male watching smaltzy romantic comedies!!! Don't judge me! xd

I can't judge you my friend. I watched a good number of episodes of Fruit Basket but I eventually gave up on it.
Croco_D_Isle

Yes there is. you picked a ******** shitty one

Tipsy Phantom

Love Hina. As much as I love it, I know I shouldn't...

Eloquent Humorist

11,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. It's so bad... And yet I love it so. redface

Shameless Stalker

None. From Hentai to Kodomo. I am not embarrassed for watching anything I do.

Though It was hard explaining to a guy at an anime store that I would be willing to pay him to import Tagame's Manga for me. I was told no. His importer was female and refused to do it.

That was quite embarrassing.
Croco_D_Isle

*Brofist*

I enjoyed that show too.

I got so many stuff I'm not proud about.
1.All Yaoi/Shounen AI/BL/Stuff on par with that genre anime/manga

2.All Moe stuff.

3. Most Magical girl stuff that's aim toward girls.

Dapper Ladykiller

No, not really. If I liked it, I'm not embarrassed. If I didn't, I'm not embarrassed for trying.

And there's nothing wrong with kids' shows, I mean most of the Ghibli films are kid-friendly. Guys shouldn't be embarrassed by watching girls' series either, because girls watch all the guys' shows they want.

If anything, stuff I liked as a kid. Like how I read Love Hina and Oh My Goddess thinking they were funny/good. sweatdrop

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Guilty Crown }

I found the art, animation, and character design to be such eye candy, but at the same time, I was so annoyed by the story. More like, they pulled so many cliches that I got annoyed every time I'd watch it.

Fairy

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100

basically sums up my hentai stacks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers