Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Update: I placed an order for my first wig today and got a stand for it. I got this one because I am a noobie and I thought it would be a decent wig to test run for its price. I'll post pictures hopefully. XD

Another update: Just got the wig I ordered from Amazon through X&Y Angel! It came a lot faster than they said it would take, which is great.
It's a beautiful wig (I kind of messed it up a lot though trying to put it on for the first time). It looks really well made, not like the cruddy costume ones that I saw at the temporary Halloween store in my town. It feels nice on my head...I'm really surprised at how pleased I am with this.
The only downside is that I kind of have to style it myself in order for it to look more natural on my head. I have a tiny face, and the wig has a lot of hair. That's not an issue with the wig, but just the ratio of hair-to-face size.
Other than that, the wig came looking exactly like what was in the picture on the website. Another user on here had concerns that the wigs would look different, because X&Y Angel uses photos from Gothiclolitawigs.com.

Picture:

User Image
User Image

I know I just posted a thread the other day about not knowing what style I wanted to work my way into (I never went through my rebellious "eff you mom, I'll wear what I want to wear" stage because myfamilywasalwayssobroke so now I'm starting to branch out finally redface ) but I think I finally hit on something! Wigs!

I'm really excited about the notion of buying and wearing awesome wigs becaaaause

1) I've never dyed my hair before.
2) I don't think I'll ever get the courage to dye my hair, due to cost, upkeep, and my general lack of appeal towards damaging my own hair.
3) I have always loved the notion of changing my hair's appearance from day to day, from outfit to outfit...which I cannot do with my own hair.

What I would like to discuss in this thread is possibly:

~Do you wear wigs?
~Do you do it on a daily basis, every so often, only when cosplaying, ect?
~What kinds of reactions do you usually get from others about it?
~Can people usually tell when you have a wig on, even when you have funky colors and such?
~Let me know where you get your wigs, and why!
~Pics please! heart 3nodding
~Anything I need to know as a complete noob about wigs?

actual vulcan's Significant Otter

Anxious Fairy

9,100 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I've only ever bought 1 wig one time and I have no idea how to use them or treat them and it ended up looking really fake :3
They are really pretty though and I have to sit down one day and learn how to wear them xP

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
LiquidAllison
I've only ever bought 1 wig one time and I have no idea how to use them or treat them and it ended up looking really fake :3
They are really pretty though and I have to sit down one day and learn how to wear them xP

There is a website I was suggested to by another helpful user in this forum. It's called arda-wigs. They have tons of tutorials, everything you need to know about wearing, styling, and taking care of your wigs. It helped me a ton!

Kitten

~Every day. I'm so not kidding c:
~Daily basis <3
~People laugh at me but I couldn't care less :3 But 90% of the time I get so many compliments!
~Only when I wear insane colors, but I take good care of them so it looks like a good dye job
~ X&Y Angel on Amazon.com. Best wigs ever! And so affordable, I have three wigs and two sets of extensions fro them
~Check the signature
~Things you need: Dry shampoo, a good brush, never ever use hairspray, and always always take pictures emotion_yatta

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Hello Sally
~Daily basis <3
~People laugh at me but I couldn't care less :3 But 90% of the time I get so many compliments!
~Only when I wear insane colors, but I take good care of them so it looks like a good dye job
~ X&Y Angel on Amazon.com. Best wigs ever! And so affordable, I have three wigs and two sets of extensions fro them
~Check the signature
~Things you need: Dry shampoo, a good brush, never ever use hairspray, and always always take pictures emotion_yatta

Your sig pic looks really good! I wouldn't dare laugh, I always admire people who wear what they want to and love themselves for it, especially if they pull it off really well. And you do!
Thank you for the advice. My only question is, why don't you use hairspray, and how do you style without it? If there's a way I can get away with less products then that is best.
This makes me really excited to get started : D

Kitten

michicachan999
Hello Sally
~Daily basis <3
~Check the signature

Your sig pic looks really good! I wouldn't dare laugh, I always admire people who wear what they want to and love themselves for it, especially if they pull it off really well. And you do!
Thank you for the advice. My only question is, why don't you use hairspray, and how do you style without it? If there's a way I can get away with less products then that is best.

I only use the dry shampoo to give my wigs a nice healthy look and it semi-cleans them. Once in a while you will have to fully wash them. Some companies sell wig shampoo but normal shampoo if fine.
Hairspray use will increase the amount of times you have to wash your wigs and it makes them hard and just gross.
Styling them is simple, just some hair ties or pins work just fine c:
if you want good cheap wigs, X&Y Angel sells wigs for 20$ an under, very high quality ^_^

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Hello Sally
michicachan999
Hello Sally
~Daily basis <3
~Check the signature

I only use the dry shampoo to give my wigs a nice healthy look and it semi-cleans them. Once in a while you will have to fully wash them. Some companies sell wig shampoo but normal shampoo if fine.
Hairspray use will increase the amount of times you have to wash your wigs and it makes them hard and just gross.
Styling them is simple, just some hair ties or pins work just fine c:
if you want good cheap wigs, X&Y Angel sells wigs for 20$ an under, very high quality ^_^

Very cool, and thank you again! emotion_hug

actual vulcan's Significant Otter

Anxious Fairy

9,100 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Gender Swap 100
michicachan999
LiquidAllison

There is a website I was suggested to by another helpful user in this forum. It's called arda-wigs. They have tons of tutorials, everything you need to know about wearing, styling, and taking care of your wigs. It helped me a ton!

Ahh thank you emotion_kirakira
I'll check it out once I'm home ^^

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Hello Sally

I lied, I do have another question. sweatdrop Sorry!
The X&Y Angel wigs...what is the sizing on them? They only list it as a "one size fits all", which is certainly not helpful. I have what is considered "petite" head...a 20.5"-21" circumference. Can these wigs adjust to such a size?

Kitten

michicachan999
Hello Sally

I lied, I do have another question. sweatdrop Sorry!
The X&Y Angel wigs...what is the sizing on them? They only list it as a "one size fits all", which is certainly not helpful. I have what is considered "petite" head...a 20.5"-21" circumference. Can these wigs adjust to such a size?

Thy have adjustable straps , mine all fit me like a dream and the straps can be loose, I don't even need to use them, but they should help you ^_^

Kitten

michicachan999
My wig

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Hello Sally
michicachan999
My wig

I'm really liking this one.
I'm hoping it'll fit my head all right.

Adorable Fisher

michicachan999
Hun, I looked at all the pics from the company you just bought your wig from and I need to tell you that they stole most of those pics from gothiclolitawigs.com (also known as dolluxe.com). These wigs that they may be knocking off are usually twice or three times the amount in cost on the original dolluxe website, and the company on amazon you just bought from says they're from China, too. I don't think they're the same company. Its up to you if you want to cancel your order, but I thought I would give you a heads up.

Newbie Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
MarigoldMari
michicachan999
Hun, I looked at all the pics from the company you just bought your wig from and I need to tell you that they stole most of those pics from gothiclolitawigs.com (also known as dolluxe.com). These wigs that they may be knocking off are usually twice or three times the amount in cost on the original dolluxe website, and the company on amazon you just bought from says they're from China, too. I don't think they're the same company. Its up to you if you want to cancel your order, but I thought I would give you a heads up.

Hey, and thank you for the heads up.
I read some reviews that said the same thing, that the pictures were taken from the gothiclolitawigs.com website. I'm pretty sure they aren't the same company either, but at this point in time I'm only experimenting with sizing and style...so even if they send me something that is completely off from the photo, that's still ok.
As far as the price goes, I haven't found anything cheaper than $15...are you saying that gothiclolitawigs are even cheaper than that? : o

Adorable Fisher

michicachan999
MarigoldMari
michicachan999

Hey, and thank you for the heads up.
I read some reviews that said the same thing, that the pictures were taken from the gothiclolitawigs.com website. I'm pretty sure they aren't the same company either, but at this point in time I'm only experimenting with sizing and style...so even if they send me something that is completely off from the photo, that's still ok.
As far as the price goes, I haven't found anything cheaper than $15...are you saying that gothiclolitawigs are even cheaper than that? : o
Oh, okay ^.^ well, I'm glad you're aware. And no, I meant gothiclolitawigs products are usually from $30-$60 depending on what you get (some bangs pieces can be $20) but the quality is really nice for what you pay.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff