Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
So my favorite make brand, Urban Decay's eye liner is $20,
I first bought it when it was around $12 (then it went to $16, then $18 ).
~~~
And Philosophy is also getting expensive. =.=
~~~
I switched to Head & Shoulders but now it's making my hair really really frizzy and dry
And the liquid eye liner I switched to fades or gets crusty and falls.
~~~
Does anyone know a cheaper and more....
uh.... durable make up brand and bearable shampoo I can use?

I just want to be as pretty as a Sailor Scout.
emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. dandruff shampoos are really harsh, don't use them unless you really need to. if you actually have dandruff and the shampoo seems to work try a good moisturizing conditioner afterward (sauve's tropical coconut is cheap, silicone free and works great). you can also try presoaking your hair in coconut or olive oil before washing to reduce frizz. and of course if you don't have dandruff and want something less harsh try tresemme naturals or l'oreal ever pure.

for liquid eyeliner this stuff will stay on all day no matter what. unfortunately it's discontinued and hard to find. UGH i may have to go to the UD once my hoarded supply runs out. my eyes are too watery to go with out this stuff! wet n wild makes a waterproof eyeliner that is supposed to be good too, but i haven't tried it.

you may want to try a gel liner if you're having issues with flaking. drugstores have decent gel liners now (i like maybelline's) and if you want big color selection check out the indelible line.

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
kage-ookami4
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. dandruff shampoos are really harsh, don't use them unless you really need to. if you actually have dandruff and the shampoo seems to work try a good moisturizing conditioner afterward (sauve's tropical coconut is cheap, silicone free and works great). you can also try presoaking your hair in coconut or olive oil before washing to reduce frizz. and of course if you don't have dandruff and want something less harsh try tresemme naturals or l'oreal ever pure.

for liquid eyeliner this stuff will stay on all day no matter what. unfortunately it's discontinued and hard to find. UGH i may have to go to the UD once my hoarded supply runs out. my eyes are too watery to go with out this stuff! wet n wild makes a waterproof eyeliner that is supposed to be good too, but i haven't tried it.

you may want to try a gel liner if you're having issues with flaking. drugstores have decent gel liners now (i like maybelline's) and if you want big color selection check out the indelible line.

I actually never had dandruff until I started using Head & Shoulders,
I feel like it's one of those products that says they help
but really they temporarily do and then making every much worst than before
in order to make more money.
~~~
The coconut oil/olive oil seems like a good idea,
but my skin around my scalp is mega oily from using a lot of oil based dyes.
and not being neat with application. emotion_0A0
I was thinking about using l'oreal, I guess I will give it a try!
~~~
I HATE IT WHEN AN AMAZING BEAUTY PRODUCT DISCONTINUES!!!
One of my favorite perfume discontinued.
I never knew what is was called because it was a korean product.(or japanese? idek)
it smelled like chocolate and fruits. <3
~~~
I know how you feel. Sometimes when I wear contacts my eyes really watery and itchy
and my eyeliner gets ruined ALL THE TIME. emotion_donotwant
~~~
I like it when the liquid eyeliner is waterproof the tip is like those brush markers,
It's easier for me to make the fricking wings even on both eyes... emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant emotion_donotwant
~~~
I never used gel based eye liner.
I wasn't sure if they are easy to apply or if I'll have to scratch it on my eyelids.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Most of the time, you get what you pay for. Good ingredients are expensive, so the products that contain them are expensive.

The good thing about professional products is that they last far longer than the watered down drugstore versions.
unless you're a 42 year old man, odds are that you shouldn't be using head n' shoulders
god forbid it's that 2-n-1 s**t

as previously mentioned
you get what you pay for

quality products are investment
pick and choose where you spend your money, you can get away with cheaper/drugstore versions of products that don't vary much in ingredients across the board like eyeliner, blush, eyeshadow, nail polish, etc.
always invest in primer, foundation, concealer, lipstick and mascara imo

honestly it's all trail and error to figure out what works for you

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
deeluxe
unless you're a 42 year old man, odds are that you shouldn't be using head n' shoulders

as previously mentioned
you get what you pay for

pick and choose where you spend your money, you can get away with cheaper/drugstore versions of products that don't vary much in ingredients across the board like eyeliner, blush, eyeshadow, nail polish, etc.

I ******** hate Head n Shoulders now...
(and I have been using 2 n 1.... )
The only make up wear is eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.
Lipstick is not problem, because it last longer,
I do not apply the whole thing, but tap a little on my lips.
I try to just chemically even my skin tone with Atomy products.
I never felt comfortable with foundation stuff.
cause knowing me, I'd smear that s**t everywhere.
OpiumPrime
deeluxe

as previously mentioned
you get what you pay for

I ******** hate Head n Shoulders now...
(and I have been using 2 n 1.... )
The only make up wear is eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.
Lipstick is not problem, because it last longer,
I do not apply the whole thing, but tap a little on my lips.
I try to just chemically even my skin tone with Atomy products.
I never felt comfortable with foundation stuff.
cause knowing me, I'd smear that s**t everywhere.

decide what you want your shampoo/conditioner to do
whether it's volumize, smooth, preserve color, etc
and do research based on that

i don't buy anything without either a) googling it and reading amazon reviews
b) researching on makeupalley
or c) watching product reviews on youtube
if you're going to spend money, you might as well spend it wisely

same goes for makeup
if you invest in certain products, buy cheaper versions to serve as your everyday
that way you're not running through it if you can't afford to

I've never understood how $20 is expensive to people or anything under $100.. Especially if you're purchasing from a quality brand. This is sort of expected.. I expect to pay more if I want a good product and not drugstore-tier s**t like Lime Crime or Etude House.

Enduring Phantom

I like Sally's .99c eyeshadows, especially in Brickhouse.

Also, Elf liquid liner. Cheap and works well for me!

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
pallbearer
I like Sally's .99c eyeshadows, especially in Brickhouse.

Also, Elf liquid liner. Cheap and works well for me!

Thats where I'm shopping now.
Ulta always made me feel under dress.
Like Joyce Leslie.
I assume for better ingredients?? *shrugs* The only make-up brand I'm willing to splurge on is OCC and that's because their lip tars look amazinggg.
I just use Almay's liquid liner that has a felt tip. emotion_kirakira I think my sig pic is still there.
Except afaik, it only comes in 2 colors. :C I've seen other drugstore brands with similar things, but they have bad reviews.

Shameless Man-Lover

I suggest using Dove shampoo and conditioner. If you aren't using conditioner, you might as well be rubbing dish soap into your hair. Wash the roots, and condition all over, mostly on the ends.

I use Revlon Colorstay Liquid liner. It's worked for me for years.
Powderdoom, a blog on tumblr, recently made a masterpost about makeup under $10. I'd suggest taking a look at it.

Fashionable Shopper

5,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I used to use the Urban Decay liquid liner, but I've found that the Maybelline Line Stiletto works just as well (which is a miracle with how oily my eyelids are). I also think its easier to apply. The only real difference is that it's not quite waterproof, but I've worn it while swimming and it just flaked away instead of smudging all over

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
this rainbow lover
I suggest using Dove shampoo and conditioner. If you aren't using conditioner, you might as well be rubbing dish soap into your hair. Wash the roots, and condition all over, mostly on the ends.

I use Revlon Colorstay Liquid liner. It's worked for me for years.

I use a different conditioner to help the color in my hair stay.
However it's running out, and my hair isn't colored anymore.
Do dove have scented shampoo that stay in the hair?
I scented body washing stuff.
ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas