Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have been wearing a 32-34 B bra. However, my bras never seemed to fit comfortably. I'd heard that most women wear an incorrect bra size, so I figured that was what was happening. So, I did some research and measured myself.

I have a rib cage measure meant of 27 1/2" and a bust measurement of 32". Apparently, that means I am a 28D. I was pretty surprised I was a D cup, because in my mind D+ cups size was "big", which I am not. I did not realize it was in proportion to your band size.

Problem is, no one seems to sell that size. At stores, the smallest band size for a D cup I have seen is a 32. Its really frustrating, and I never thought my body shape was so unusual.

Anyone have the same troubles in finding bras? And any advice of where to buy my size? I really want to find a physical store so I can try it on because I am still unsure about my sizing, and I know fit varies between brands.

Feel free to discuss anything related to bras, and the difficulties they cause.

Eloquent Vampire

You can watch this video to maybe help you out and give you an idea of what sizes to start looking for:

I've always had problems finding good sizes, too. According to the information in the video, I'm a 32F. I'm HALF the size she is in the video. So how could I be even larger than she is? I've worn a 36B for most of my life, went up to a C from a B after I went off the Depo shot about 3-4 years ago, and since I've been working out and losing weight, my actual tape measure measurement around the band area is about 32 inches. But a 32F doesn't seem to exist, and even anything near that size didn't fit when I last went shopping, just a few months ago.

What size did fit? 36C. I probably could have gone down to a 34 band size, but 36 was just more comfortable.

In the end, go with what's comfortable. Follow the all-around rules like make sure you're not quad-boobing out of the cups, make sure to scoop and swoop into the cups, make sure the band fits comfortably tightly, etc. But as far as actual sizes, I'm convinced that they vary by manufacturer just like jeans do. So just find one that feels best, and go from there.
Jagger-Wolf
You can watch this video to maybe help you out and give you an idea of what sizes to start looking for:

I've always had problems finding good sizes, too. According to the information in the video, I'm a 32F. I'm HALF the size she is in the video. So how could I be even larger than she is? I've worn a 36B for most of my life, went up to a C from a B after I went off the Depo shot about 3-4 years ago, and since I've been working out and losing weight, my actual tape measure measurement around the band area is about 32 inches. But a 32F doesn't seem to exist, and even anything near that size didn't fit when I last went shopping, just a few months ago.

What size did fit? 36C. I probably could have gone down to a 34 band size, but 36 was just more comfortable.

In the end, go with what's comfortable. Follow the all-around rules like make sure you're not quad-boobing out of the cups, make sure to scoop and swoop into the cups, make sure the band fits comfortably tightly, etc. But as far as actual sizes, I'm convinced that they vary by manufacturer just like jeans do. So just find one that feels best, and go from there.

I've always been a late bloomer, and while still really skinny, I filled out a bit in the last year. So, even though I am 22, I am still struggling to figure out what fits me.
When she was demonstrating all of the signs for an ill-fitting bra, pretty much everything was a problem I have (loose band, band being to high up in the back, bra gore not lying flat.) gonk
So, I think I am definitely wearing too big of a band size. which is frustrating, because its really hard to find anything below a 32", even for smaller cup sizes.

Do you still have any of the "problem signs" she was talking about when you wear a 36C?

From what I've seen bra sizing gets even more complicated after a D+ plus cups, because manufacturers can't even agree on what to call the sizes. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that. I really wish women's clothes makers would get it together and actually stick to a standardized sizing system.

Fashionable Noob

I think i'm basically your same size. I wear 32B and was mearured as a 28C-D-something. These 2 styles fit me. Nothing else fits as well. I've just tried all the generic mall stores. Maybe they'll work for you, idk.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/push-up/victoria39s-secret-darling-twist-front-push-up-bra?ProductID=210313&CatalogueType=OLS

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/push-up/victoria39s-secret-darling-temptation-push-up-bra?ProductID=190051&CatalogueType=OLS

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
I completely understand your frustration, I not fat but I am a 38 DDD or also known as a 38 E they are the same size confusing I know, but its so hard to find a comfortable one, just like 32 D, a 38 DDD is also an uncommon size, and the few bras I have found are made of incredibly rough material, my large breast are really sensitive.

I used to wear Maiden Form made with a super soft material but they dont sell anything past a DD, Maiden For is a good store to look for your size and they sell the MOST COMFORTABLE bras ever! And very affordable. heart heart
TessTheWitch
I completely understand your frustration, I not fat but I am a 38 DDD or also known as a 38 E they are the same size confusing I know, but its so hard to find a comfortable one, just like 32 D, a 38 DDD is also an uncommon size, and the few bras I have found are made of incredibly rough material, my large breast are really sensitive.

I used to wear Maiden Form made with a super soft material but they dont sell anything past a DD, Maiden For is a good store to look for your size and they sell the MOST COMFORTABLE bras ever! And very affordable. heart heart

Unfortunately, Maiden Form does not sell a 28 band size, but I might try a 30 C. Thank you.
Kaielyn
I think i'm basically your same size. I wear 32B and was mearured as a 28C-D-something. These 2 styles fit me. Nothing else fits as well. I've just tried all the generic mall stores. Maybe they'll work for you, idk.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/push-up/victoria39s-secret-darling-twist-front-push-up-bra?ProductID=210313&CatalogueType=OLS

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/push-up/victoria39s-secret-darling-temptation-push-up-bra?ProductID=190051&CatalogueType=OLS

I will look for those bras the next time I am at Victoria's Secret. I've been meaning to go to the mall anyways.
I'm a 32/34 DDD which is kind of annoying. I've had the most success at Victoria's secret. They don't have a ton of options for my size but I've found one that fits perfectly so basically I just buy the same bra in every style/color.

Anyway, the point it, VS seems to have the best options among the common retail stores.

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

I'm a 30D/28C, and I've actually had amazon luck at Victoria's Secret.
                  They've had some lovely sales lately, too.
                  User Image

What I do is I buy my sister size because I dont care about the hassle. It isnt perfect, and you ahve to always try bras on before you buy then no matter what size you are, but it does help out on the weird size part.

I have seen 30 band come up, 28 is pretty small so you are on the fringe there, but if you see a 30, you can see if a 30c fits, obviously try on ones with/without padding and different styles to find one that suits you.

You arent unusual, it is just that your size is uncommon so that most stores dont stock it because the money isnt there. Its a very complex system where the brands can offer all these sizes but you may never see that size in a store because the store doesnt order them as they dont think it will sell.
TessTheWitch

A DDD is an F normally, no?

@OP: Aerie goes as low as a 28 band. I don't know about in-store, but I am 95% certain they have a 28D.
The only other physical location I know of is Nordstrom and they have a hefty selection of bras and price tag! biggrin I gotta go there soon because it's seriously the only place I can find a bra at this point in-person. In US sizing, I'm around a 36J. gonk I need to just try on bras and see if they actually fit.

Also, you were kinda already in the right size if you're a 28D. You'd be sister-sized into a 32B.
sister sizing occasionally works; depends on the fit of course, but it contains the same cup volume. I was sister sized for awhile in my old size that I'm still wearing. My only issue is the straps still falling. :C

Beloved Guildswoman

10,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Generous 100
misleading space shibe
TessTheWitch

A DDD is an F normally, no?

@OP: Aerie goes as low as a 28 band. I don't know about in-store, but I am 95% certain they have a 28D.
The only other physical location I know of is Nordstrom and they have a hefty selection of bras and price tag! biggrin I gotta go there soon because it's seriously the only place I can find a bra at this point in-person. In US sizing, I'm around a 36J. gonk I need to just try on bras and see if they actually fit.

Also, you were kinda already in the right size if you're a 28D. You'd be sister-sized into a 32B.
sister sizing occasionally works; depends on the fit of course, but it contains the same cup volume. I was sister sized for awhile in my old size that I'm still wearing. My only issue is the straps still falling. :C

Actually its an E but formally a DDD,.

Update! Try a number size bigger and sometimes it fits better! AND the store called stinemart sell unique size bras, I just found it this weekend while bra shopping XD I found my size!! and yours!

Komitkid's Wife

Girl i am a 32 b so i feel your pain.
Not sure if the D cup is precise..
But go to victoria secret and get measured, even if you dont buy anything.

I have trouble finding bras that give my breasts the shape i want/support.
So i basically buy all my bras at victoria secret...
I know they are expencive but i HATEHATEHATE trying on a million different bras to get the right one...

atleast at VS i know that Demi bra's are the right fit for me.
That or unlined, unpadded.

You can go to VS and try on a whole different variety of bras in your size.
and find the one that is right for you,
and even if you dont want to shop for your bras there you can find the type you like online.

for instance just google demi bra size 32b.

its more complicated to me than it sounds. not all 32b's will fit you right. sometimes its not the size but the type of bra it is also..

also with other brands you might be a different size.
Like a 32b in victoria secret might be a 34b somewhere else.
I'm a 30 DD. I buy most of my bras online (figleaves.com). They have free returns incase it doesn't fit, and they have so many sizes in actually cute bras. I'm a little broke so I wait for sales, which they have pretty regularly.

I personally hate "sister-sizes" in my experience the bras tend to be less comfortable and get worn out so much faster. The only bras I do that with are sports bras, and it still tends to take them down a level in support.

Sparkly Nerd

28,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
I went to Layne Bryant and got measured, they told me I was a solid cup larger than what I had been wearing, even though Victoria's Secret told me (when I got measured there not too long ago) that I was wearing the correct size. The LB bras seem to be much more comfortable than the VS bras.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff