Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Millionaire

2,450 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I am a natural medium brunette and I dyed my hair dark red about a couple of months ago. The color has not faded too much, but I want to dye it burgundy now. I bought Revlon ColorSilk in burgundy. Has anyone used this brand of hair dye before, or even this exact hair color? Is it good? Does it make your hair look more purplish? It looks like a purplish red. Also, I don't know if the color would look good on me or not. I bought the color to try it out but now I have worries that it won't look good. neutral I am overweight so I have a larger face and my face shape is round. I have a longish pixie cut. I keep my bangs choppy and they go straight down my forehead. I have shorter layers on the top and the hair in the front almost touches my chin. I am light skinned with very dark brown eyes. Do you think this hair color would look good on me? I tried on a black wig once and the color looked awful on me, so my concern is that since the hair color is darker, it won't look good. But obviously it won't be as dark as black.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Hello!

I didn't use that particular dye color but I used L'oreal Superior Preference in Rich Merlot Red, which is a similar color and did turn my hair a slight purple. And I have also used the ColorSilk brand before, I used it for the majority of my dye-developer times before said color in last sentence burned my scalp and I've been using henna since. I used #12 Blue Black, #50 Light Ash Brown, #60 Dark Ash Blonde, and #41 Medium Brown for reference.

I've never had problems with ColorSilk, the conditioner they give you is really nice and it stays that color for quite a while. I know when I was blonde, when my roots would start to show the rest of my hair was as light as when it was first done. The only one that didn't stay long was the blue black, but I might have just gotten old dye though because it's not a popular color to begin with.

As for the red-purple color, I thought I looked good in it. I'm naturally a gingery pale white and my natural hair color is a dark brown with light blue eyes. My face shape is oval. I had a similar hairstyle to you and it looked fine in the color. If you're still worried about the purple, chances are that hue might fade out over time and just leave you red, that's what happened to me at least. Black is harsh on a lot of people, but that hair dye you said is nowhere near as dark as black. You'll be okay 3nodding

Angelic Friend

I think it would, yes. Burgundy is a dark color but at the same time it radiates in the light and gets very purple or reddish, which is nice. I actually dyed my hair burgundy a few weeks ago, although in my sig pic it isn't really showing and looks more reddish-brown, or even black. I don't think you being overweight will affect how good the color looks on you. If it contrasts your face well, I feel it'll frame it (your face) nicer.

Beloved Bunny

17,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
i personally have no love for the revlon brand hair dye.
its cheap and i've only used it a few times- one time being to touch up my burgundy.
i wasn't that impressed. the color didn't last as long as i had hoped and i felt it was a little more brown rather than burgundy.

i prefer loreal feria's "deep burgundy brown" which always gave me a rich, purple-brown color.

Komitkid's Wife

I wouldnt be too worried about colors like that. Really its bleach that you have to worry more about. my guess is that even if it comes out purplish that over time the purple tint will fade away. and dont worry about it looking good or not. you can just dye over it if so after about a month of washes, i would suggest. let yourself go.. try it! if you dont like it dye over it. But dont scare yourself into not doing something lol. i do it all the time because i know how hard it is to go from darker colors to blonde. so im stuck blonde like 99% of the time. : 3

Komitkid's Wife

I personally like Loreal Feria. It has done good for my hair.

i've done these two colors when i was 17 i believe.

User Image

User Image

And the colors came out pretty exact/well and it left my hair super shinny and soft. : 3

Those are the only two colors i have tried though.
As for other brands, i dont really have much experience so i wouldnt be able to tell you.
But i'm sure it will be fine!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces