Welcome to Gaia! ::

kishibae's Bae

They got here today, and I love them already. <3

I bought them for my Halloween costume (I plan on being a zombie), however I think I'm going to wear them normally, as well. =u=
Note: switched it for a different picture not in black and white~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eloquent Vampire

They've have much more of a cool impact if the picture weren't black and white. Quality notwithstanding.

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Jagger-Wolf
They've have much more of a cool impact if the picture weren't black and white. Quality notwithstanding.

Agreed!

kishibae's Bae

Jagger-Wolf

I'll switch it for a new one.

kishibae's Bae

Classy Dame

Switched it for a new one~

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Better, they look good.
I honestly wouldn't wear them on a daily basis because they're not my style and I would feel they would bring unwanted negative attention to me. But I don't know you and your style/work/ school habits. I basically rock office chic on a daily basis, since I work in my office.

kishibae's Bae

Classy Dame
Better, they look good.
I honestly wouldn't wear them on a daily basis because they're not my style and I would feel they would bring unwanted negative attention to me. But I don't know you and your style/work/ school habits. I basically rock office chic on a daily basis, since I work in my office.

Thanks~

Eloquent Vampire

Naitmaere
They got here today, and I love them already. <3

I bought them for my Halloween costume (I plan on being a zombie), however I think I'm going to wear them normally, as well. =u=
Note: switched it for a different picture not in black and white~
They really shouldn't be worn on a daily basis. Anything worn that often loses it's impact, it's punch, it's "special-ness". Also, if your personal, everyday style doesn't go with or compliment or flatter the contacts, they'll look incredibly awkward and out of place, they look way too "In your face! I'm cool aren't I?! SEE SEE! Check me out!" kinda thing. And I personally hate that s**t. Be interesting, sure, but look like you're not trying while you do it.

Save them for special events where they'd be appreciated, like shows or concerts. Now that Halloween is coming up, wear them when you go through corn mazes, or haunted houses, or other Halloween-y events.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Love them. I'm a big fan of specialty lenses... I'd wear them myself if I didn't require special prescription lenses for my astigmatism.

Eloquent Vampire

Lilac Wood
Love them. I'm a big fan of specialty lenses... I'd wear them myself if I didn't require special prescription lenses for my astigmatism.
You can get special effects lenses in toric sometimes, they just tend to be more expensive than non-toric.

Depending on the severity of your astigmatism, you can forgo the toric altogether and just wear regular prescription special effects lenses. I do this a lot and don't notice much of a difference with my regular toric lenses from the doctor, or my special effects RX ones. I can drive just fine, read, and function normally with non-toric special effects lenses.

The only ones you can't wear are cat eye, lizard eye, or any that have a definite up or down/right or wrong orientation. Astigmatism makes your lenses spin around so it will be very obvious if they are right side up or upside down. Otherwise, it's just a matter of digging through lens retailers online and seeing what they have.

A good place to start would be the Official Circle Lens thread in this forum. Dozens, maybe even hundreds of links and possibilities, just pick one and start shopping. That ones comes up a bust? Try another.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff