Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coyote-Walker
I asked the same thing. One of the managers told me the "super goth" stuff wasn't selling anymore...so they had to change tactics.

Maybe the "super goth" stuff is just too "super expensive".
they still sell bondage pants.
and corsets.
and stuff like taht.
they just have adapted their store to suit goths, emos, punks, and just people who like the alternative style.
hot topic is my absolute favorite store=]]
I just applied for a job at the Hot Topic near my home. 3nodding

Anyways, I kinda agree. When I was little, the Hot Topic that I go to now used to look like a friggin' "Satan Worshippers 'R Us". It used to scare the crap out of my parents. XD But now.... sad It's just so emo/preppy! Everytime I go in now, there's groups of preppy, mainstream girls holding their Hollister bags and just standing there. Apparently Hot Topic is considered 'cool' now. *shakes head sadly* I seriously need to move.
They did it to make money, obviosley they weren't selling enough so they have to make other types of clothes.
crying Hot Topic used to be like, an awesome emo store...Yeah, and then now its got all these pink rainbow pretty la la bull shyt question Whyyy??

Gap is owned by hottopic and obviously they figure with the money they`re making with their clothes they want to get more money in hottopic too. It`s simply a matter of business. I do wish they brought back some of their old stuff and kept some new ones too though :3
Hot Topic's for Mall Goths.

I refuse to set foot in there.
i knoee D: its gone emo tho theres nothing wrong with that cause im emo but i liked the old hottopic sweatdrop
Ariaunna
alecxcore
I adore how on one will be happy with any clothing store.

'HOLLISTERISTOOPREPPYOHMIGOD'
'Hot Topic sold out!'

etc.etc. The sooner you all relize people need money more than they need your happiness the better. :]

But stores have to keep their target audiences happy in order to make money.
Which is what they are doing. And that, is what is making others complain about the selling out.

No one wants to see the thing in their pocket go to everyone else.
I know what you mean. a few years ago it was anti-conformist to be goth, so they had goth clothes, now its anti-conformist to be emo or scene, so they have emo/scene clothes. Its all about the trends. And the music of course :3
I stopped shopping there when they stopped selling any decent band T-shirts about 5 years ago.
my hottopic went all prep! gonk NNNOOOO!!!
idk what happen
suicidal-teddy16
my hottopic went all prep! gonk NNNOOOO!!!

ik- it sukz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces