Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Valeria Lukyanova is the real life barbie. Have you heard of this before? If you haven't google it. What do you think of it? I think she's really beautiful and admire her.

User Image

User Image

heart 4laugh heart 4laugh heart 4laugh heart 4laugh heart 4laugh

Eloquent Vampire

There are others like her, she's far from the only one to do this, but she made it "famous", so to speak.

It's not my place to judge. I think she may be doing it for the wrong reasons, but again, not my place to judge. I'm all for surreal or supernatural looks, but this is a bit too extreme and almost dangerous to me. I'm a big advocate for avoiding non-necessary surgeries, this includes 99.9% of all cosmetic surgeries, so I just feel as though she's taking too many dangerous risks just for the sake of a few short years of beauty.

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Jagger-Wolf
There are others like her, she's far from the only one to do this, but she made it "famous", so to speak.

It's not my place to judge. I think she may be doing it for the wrong reasons, but again, not my place to judge. I'm all for surreal or supernatural looks, but this is a bit too extreme and almost dangerous to me. I'm a big advocate for avoiding non-necessary surgeries, this includes 99.9% of all cosmetic surgeries, so I just feel as though she's taking too many dangerous risks just for the sake of a few short years of beauty.

Yes, I love the surreal looks too, and I agree that maybe she's gone too far. She looks so beautiful though. I already have a doll like face and would like to do that without plastic surgery. Dieting is what I'd have to do.

Eloquent Vampire

LilithDraco
Jagger-Wolf

Yes, I love the surreal looks too, and I agree that maybe she's gone too far. She looks so beautiful though. I already have a doll like face and would like to do that without plastic surgery. Dieting is what I'd have to do.
Diet and exercise alone will not give you that body. She's VERY obviously had some torso work done, like removing floating ribs, tucks, hip enhancement, that kinda thing. Even tightlacing won't give you that sort of waistline, and allow you to keep it when the corset is off.

Also realize that she may look NOTHING like this in real life, Photoshop can do amazing, incredible things. Is she the one who believes she can survive with no food or water ever, just sunlight and air alone, like a plant? I'm not sure if it was her or one of the other "human barbies" who said that.

Hygienic Exhibitionist

19,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
LilithDraco
Jagger-Wolf

I could never do that, cause I don't have the facial features, nor the body shape. I suppose that's why it appeals so much to me redface

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Jagger-Wolf
LilithDraco
Jagger-Wolf

Diet and exercise alone will not give you that body. She's VERY obviously had some torso work done, like removing floating ribs, tucks, hip enhancement, that kinda thing. Even tightlacing won't give you that sort of waistline, and allow you to keep it when the corset is off.

Also realize that she may look NOTHING like this in real life, Photoshop can do amazing, incredible things. Is she the one who believes she can survive with no food or water ever, just sunlight and air alone, like a plant? I'm not sure if it was her or one of the other "human barbies" who said that.

I need to diet anyway, but I wouldn't have any surgery. As good as I can get with diet and workout. I heard that she is a strict vegetarian on a liquid diet.

Eloquent Vampire

LilithDraco
Jagger-Wolf
LilithDraco
Jagger-Wolf

I need to diet anyway, but I wouldn't have any surgery. As good as I can get with diet and workout. I heard that she is a strict vegetarian on a liquid diet.
Exclusive liquid vegetarian isn't really healthy for you in the long run. It's fine as one meal a day, or as a few days' worth of a "cleanse", (cleanses are bullshit and ineffective in their own way, but that's another topic) but not as a full on regular, that's all you ever consume, lifestyle diet.

Honestly, the best and most effective way to lose weight is to exercise about an hour a day 3-4 times a week, interspersed with good cardio (ESSENTIAL cardio, do not ever skimp on it), and cut back on calories. Count them. On average, women need no more than 1300-1500 calories a day, on intake. That's including while you're working out. So, if you keep an accurate log of what you're eating, you won't feel hungry and you'll make better choices.

I've dropped 30 pounds in about 5-6 months that way. Just counting calories and following the Blogilates calendar. You can find her videos on Youtube, then sign up on the website for the monthly calendar. Do the videos the calendar lists, and count your calories, and that's it. It really is THAT simple.

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Yes, I have lost weight exercising 3-4 hours a day at a gym. I did cardio and weight machines.

Fashionable Noob

She's pretty famous. She started out being an internet oddity then ended up going on a lot of talk shows and making the kitschy/fun story section of the evening news.

She's also really insane or a troll. She claims to be a "breatharian" and doesn't need to eat to live. She also has said some really racist things. Her look is a bit more bizarre without photoshop helping her look like a doll. Her eye makeup is really ******** up looking closeup without editing. I like this makeup artists barbie makeup version much better but she did this look just for fun or halloween.

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I don't recall my barbie dolls growing up having visible nipples... Other than that she looks pretty accurate, except she should probably smile more.

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Beautiful but terrible person, unfortunately. I am fascinated by these looks, too, and the extent that women and men go to achieve them.

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
If she's so terrible then maybe that's why this happened.

Eloquent Vampire

LilithDraco
No matter how awful or terrible someone may be, they do NOT deserve that.

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Jagger-Wolf
LilithDraco

I'm not saying she deserved it. I just wondered why that had happened and I didn't know she had said racist things. That could really get to someone.

Eloquent Vampire

LilithDraco
Jagger-Wolf
LilithDraco

I'm not saying she deserved it. I just wondered why that had happened and I didn't know she had said racist things. That could really get to someone.
People do stupid s**t for stupid reasons. Maybe she passed them on the street once and didn't respond to their catcalling, so they went after her. Maybe she crossed into what they believed to be their "territory", as stupid s**t like that happens a lot, too. Maybe they just thought her to be an easy target for whatever motivation/reason they had to do this. Maybe she was just wrong place, wrong time. We'll never know the full reason, and honestly, I don't even want to know.

But either way, no one deserves to have that happen to them, no matter who they are or what they say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff