I never have naked or chipped nails.. this school thing will be interesting!~

Pyris's Wife

Beloved Conversationalist

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Hardcore Uvula
I have a question, and I hope it's alright to post it here...

When I paint my nails, which I don't do often and that might be the problem, I get nail polish all over my finger around the nail. Is there a way to prevent this - besides practice - and is there a good way to clean it up afterwards?

Thanks!
''Stand firm in your faith,or you will not stand at all.'' -Ephisians 7:9

As posted above, que-tips and remover is cheap.Get the ''slanted'' tips if you can. Otherwise,a ''pen-like'' remover called ''Cutex'' is at Five Below. Usually about $3.

~Mango Gryphon/ Teacher/ Advocate/ Gamer/ Wife
Attempted to make my cuticles somewhat decent today.
They're still pretty bad, but they're much better than they were lol...
******** this renovation, just makes them worse.

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Intoxikace
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength!~

I think I'll be using that a lot when I start wearing fakes on weekends!~

Ordered a bit of stuff tonight..
Nails in a set.
Nails on their own 10 sizes, 500 of each size.
A lottttttttt of double sided nail tape!
12 new stamping plates!~

Hahahaha, even though I can't wear polish for school.. the addiction won't be going anywhere. wink

I am working on starting a small service for nails for Cons and that is one thing people have suggested is pre-made nail art sets.

When you get this in, can you let me know how they work out quality wise or if you would recommend where you got them from?

Also I tried getting a stamp tool ans it sucks. I got the one that came with the Salon Express Set. Do you have one you feel works very well?

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300

Tonight starts DRAGONCON! The biggest Con in the Southeast! And here to celebrate, my latest creation ''Dragon Con Flame Nails''!

My first attempt at ''novice marbling''!

User Image

Dangerous Prophet

Crinis
Hardcore Uvula
I have a question, and I hope it's alright to post it here...

When I paint my nails, which I don't do often and that might be the problem, I get nail polish all over my finger around the nail. Is there a way to prevent this - besides practice - and is there a good way to clean it up afterwards?

Thanks!

As posted above, que-tips and remover is cheap.Get the ''slanted'' tips if you can. Otherwise,a ''pen-like'' remover called ''Cutex'' is at Five Below. Usually about $3.

At the end of a hot shower, you can scratch the nail polish off your skin really easy! Your nails should definitely be dry and set before taking a shower, so probably not a good way to "clean up" if you're painting your nails last minute. But if you're doing them in advance, it's pretty perfect. It's what I do every time.

Also while the paint is still wet, you can do some cleanup by scrapping it off with a tooth pick. I'm really bad at the q-tip and remover method, I always end up taking the color off my actual nail.

Dangerous Prophet

Can anyone recommend a good brand of base and top coat?

I'm looking for something good and reasonably priced.

The base coat I've been using is a Sally Hansen "growth enhancing" stuff, it came with a pack, I didn't buy it for the growth, my nails grow annoyingly fast as it is. And I've noticed that it gets rubbery and causes a lot of peel after a couple days. My nail polish will start to lift off my nail at the edges and get caught on stuff, and it'll just peel right off, doing damage to my actual nail. It's terrible.

I have two top coats, one came with the base I have, it's okay, doesn't seem to be doing the same thing as the base, but I'm running low. And I have another that's wet n wild I think, it's old and the label has been rubbed away and it makes my nail color bleed. :/

Sparkly Wench

Crinis
Intoxikace
Sally Hansen Diamond Strength!~

I think I'll be using that a lot when I start wearing fakes on weekends!~

Ordered a bit of stuff tonight..
Nails in a set.
Nails on their own 10 sizes, 500 of each size.
A lottttttttt of double sided nail tape!
12 new stamping plates!~

Hahahaha, even though I can't wear polish for school.. the addiction won't be going anywhere. wink

I am working on starting a small service for nails for Cons and that is one thing people have suggested is pre-made nail art sets.

When you get this in, can you let me know how they work out quality wise or if you would recommend where you got them from?

Also I tried getting a stamp tool ans it sucks. I got the one that came with the Salon Express Set. Do you have one you feel works very well?

I can for sure!
I know most sellers stick to the basic sets with 12 nails since that usually works for most people, but I felt like getting full fake nails on their own as well, since they do come in 10 different sizes and who knows if you will fit all of the 6 on the set?

It'll probably be a good month or so, all the sellers were located in China and with free shipping.. I'm not expecting them soon! All the links I posted were from the sellers I bought the products from as well!~

I've bought a ton of nail stuff from eBay with great luck, just started using aliexpress, so far ordered and received 10 stamping plates and was happy with my purchase! Those sites tend to be the cheapest by far when it comes to nail stuff, just have to be careful with sellers. As of lately I prefer aliexpress for larger orders, since most things are 11 cents each if you order 100 and such!

Bornprettystore, is another place to get nail art for fairly decent prices, when it comes to some things.. look into other sites first since they can be overpriced, but they have some cheap stamping plates and other awesome goodies!

I have a basic Konad stamper and PLASTIC Konad scraper. Not any other brand, just Konad for those two. Metal scrapers = scratched up plates, so get a plastic one. An old credit card can work, but I've tried both and much prefer my plastic scraper.
I don't have the salon express kit so I cannot give my opinion on it.

Sparkly Wench

pretty_hate
Can anyone recommend a good brand of base and top coat?

I'm looking for something good and reasonably priced.

The base coat I've been using is a Sally Hansen "growth enhancing" stuff, it came with a pack, I didn't buy it for the growth, my nails grow annoyingly fast as it is. And I've noticed that it gets rubbery and causes a lot of peel after a couple days. My nail polish will start to lift off my nail at the edges and get caught on stuff, and it'll just peel right off, doing damage to my actual nail. It's terrible.

I have two top coats, one came with the base I have, it's okay, doesn't seem to be doing the same thing as the base, but I'm running low. And I have another that's wet n wild I think, it's old and the label has been rubbed away and it makes my nail color bleed. :/

I use ORLY Bonder and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.

The bonder is rubberized and makes the nail polish really stick.
The insta-dri is pretty good at keeping nails chip free, and shiny.
I work as a cashier and can go 3 weeks between manis.. only having to change due to growth!
Always wrap the tips of your nails with each product you use, helps manis last much longer.
Sally Hansen insta-dry
China glaze strong adhesion base

Invisible Player

Anyone try ORLY flash dry drops?

Sparkly Wench

Never tried drying drops. I just tend to do nothing after I do my nails. XD

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Intoxikace
Never tried drying drops. I just tend to do nothing after I do my nails. XD

I would recommend it. It really helps solidify the entire paint job quickly unless you really just don't mind hanging around.

But this is also from someone that will use it for Cons so people will want to go as soon as possible when they are done.

That aside, I have literally sometimes only been able to do my nails right before bed so getting more sleep is nice. 3nodding

Sparkly Wench

I really don't mind playing the waiting game.
I was wanting to try a new top coat.. but I like mine, it's dry to the touch in seconds.. but needs about 2 hours to be totally rock hard.
Gives me two hours to do nothing other than lurk reddit/gaia and watch tv. n_n

I ordered a new stamper since it looked bigger than mine online.
It's like a mini one! XD
Sooooooo I ordered one from aliexpress that I KNOW is a bigger one. rofl

Also, the straight up knockoff Konad plates all seem to suck.. it's like.. they aren't even trying to make them good.. although I've only tried two so maybe that's my issue. wink

Pyris's Wife

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conventioneer 300
Intoxikace
I really don't mind playing the waiting game.
I was wanting to try a new top coat.. but I like mine, it's dry to the touch in seconds.. but needs about 2 hours to be totally rock hard.
Gives me two hours to do nothing other than lurk reddit/gaia and watch tv. n_n

I ordered a new stamper since it looked bigger than mine online.
It's like a mini one! XD
Sooooooo I ordered one from aliexpress that I KNOW is a bigger one. rofl

Also, the straight up knockoff Konad plates all seem to suck.. it's like.. they aren't even trying to make them good.. although I've only tried two so maybe that's my issue. wink

Oh yea?

I was watching a youtube review where she was cross-analyzing Konad and the Express I'd mentioned. She said Konad stamp worked great but the stamp designs not as various as SE.

But right now I'm trying something cheap at Wal-mart. I asked and made sure that if THIS stamp sucks, too I can return it....which I will if it does.

I don't have it on me so not sure what it's called but I'll get back to you on that if you like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces