Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am wanting to get a tattoo in that area, and I've heard mixed things on wether it heels ok or not
I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with tattoos in that area

If it helps a little more with describing what I want, it would be like an inch from the bottom of my heel,and sort of go underneath and a little bit on my actual ankle

Eloquent Vampire

Tattoo healing is affected by a lot of factors, not the least of which being how you take care of it. You won't be able to wear any shoes that cover or touch that area until at least all of the scabbing has come off. All of it. You run the risk of tearing scabs out and ripping out chunks of pigment if you wear shoes that rub on or scratch up that area. You'll also want to avoid wearing socks on that area as much as possible. Cotton socks aren't usually too bad when necessary, but you don't want to keep it covered at all times, it does need to "breathe".
Jagger-Wolf
Tattoo healing is affected by a lot of factors, not the least of which being how you take care of it. You won't be able to wear any shoes that cover or touch that area until at least all of the scabbing has come off. All of it. You run the risk of tearing scabs out and ripping out chunks of pigment if you wear shoes that rub on or scratch up that area. You'll also want to avoid wearing socks on that area as much as possible. Cotton socks aren't usually too bad when necessary, but you don't want to keep it covered at all times, it does need to "breathe".

I've heard that if you had too, you could put a breathable syran wrap on it and wear loose socks and shoes. Do you think that would work just as well? And do you think that if I took care of it right, that it would heal fine?

Eloquent Vampire

Cattums
Jagger-Wolf

I've heard that if you had too, you could put a breathable syran wrap on it and wear loose socks and shoes. Do you think that would work just as well? And do you think that if I took care of it right, that it would heal fine?
No. Never EVER cover it up with plastic after the initial cover. Tattoists do it to protect your newly open needle-wounds on the drive/travel home, and protect any surfaces you interact with from becoming contaminated with your blood and other body fluids, you shouldn't wear it any longer than 24 hours, at the most, and NEVER put another one back on. Ideally, remove it after about 2-4 hours, rinse gently with cool water (cup your hand, fill with water, dump hand over tattoo, repeat), let air dry, then apply your first thin layer of lotion.

You need to let the tattoo 'breathe". Suffocating it doesn't allow the lotion, lymph, and other fluids to dry out and flake off, and it can impact healing and leave a spongy-scab behind, which isn't good. You want to apply your lotion then allow the area to dry as long as you can before being forced to cover it up. And as soon as you're able, take the covers off, rinse the area with cool water, then apply another layer of lotion, then allow it to sit out.
Jagger-Wolf
Cattums
Jagger-Wolf

No. Never EVER cover it up with plastic after the initial cover. Tattoists do it to protect your newly open needle-wounds on the drive/travel home, and protect any surfaces you interact with from becoming contaminated with your blood and other body fluids, you shouldn't wear it any longer than 24 hours, at the most, and NEVER put another one back on. Ideally, remove it after about 2-4 hours, rinse gently with cool water (cup your hand, fill with water, dump hand over tattoo, repeat), let air dry, then apply your first thin layer of lotion.

You need to let the tattoo 'breathe". Suffocating it doesn't allow the lotion, lymph, and other fluids to dry out and flake off, and it can impact healing and leave a spongy-scab behind, which isn't good. You want to apply your lotion then allow the area to dry as long as you can before being forced to cover it up. And as soon as you're able, take the covers off, rinse the area with cool water, then apply another layer of lotion, then allow it to sit out.

Ok, thank you! That's really good to know

I'm really concerned about how well it'll stay though. Do you think it will be fine?

Eloquent Vampire

Cattums
Jagger-Wolf
Cattums
Jagger-Wolf

I'm really concerned about how well it'll stay though. Do you think it will be fine?
Tattoos are permanent. There's no way around that other than laser treatment, or severe flesh-removing trauma. It will pretty much never fade to a point where it appears as if it were never there to begin with. How vibrant they remain can vary and depend on several factors. My concern is it'll have the same problem hand tattoos do: normal wear and tear on the area causes the skin layers to rub off and replace themselves more frequently, and causes the tattoo to fade faster and more severely than it would in an area with less abuse.

It's a risk you take. Tattoos pretty commonly have to be touched up or refreshed very decade or so anyway, especially if they're in areas that are frequently exposed or abused, so that's something to consider as well.
Jagger-Wolf
Cattums
Jagger-Wolf
Cattums
Jagger-Wolf

Tattoos are permanent. There's no way around that other than laser treatment, or severe flesh-removing trauma. It will pretty much never fade to a point where it appears as if it were never there to begin with. How vibrant they remain can vary and depend on several factors. My concern is it'll have the same problem hand tattoos do: normal wear and tear on the area causes the skin layers to rub off and replace themselves more frequently, and causes the tattoo to fade faster and more severely than it would in an area with less abuse.

It's a risk you take. Tattoos pretty commonly have to be touched up or refreshed very decade or so anyway, especially if they're in areas that are frequently exposed or abused, so that's something to consider as well.

I think I'll end up getting it anyways, because I'm really in love with my idea. I'm sure it's gonna hurt way worse then my back did, but it's worth it.

Thanks for all your help!

2 kawaii 3's Significant Otter

Kawaii Tipper

do you ever shuddup about tattoos like ur not even cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items