Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which tattoo?

Idea 1 0.40540540540541 40.5% [ 15 ]
Idea 2 0.48648648648649 48.6% [ 18 ]
Idea 3 0.10810810810811 10.8% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
1 2 >

I am planning on getting a tattoo for my 18th birthday (which is coming up next June) and I just wanted to start planning now, haha. I have a couple ideas, and I just wanted to know what y'all think. I need something that can be easily covered, since I'm going to school for Music Education (I'm eventually going to be a high school band director). And, after all, when you're a teacher there are pretty strict dress code rules.

Music is a huge part of my life; and not in the silly pre-teen "OMG I would die with out my iPod" kind of love. I am a very serious music student and it is what I want to do for the rest of my life, so I wanted to get something music-themed. I play 3 instruments, clarinet, violin and trombone. Trombone is my main instrument, so I was thinking either something with a bass clef or just music notes in general.

Idea 1
Bass Clef behind the ear.
http://www.getdownwithgc.com/pages/tats/paul/pauleartat.jpg

Idea 2
Music notes behind the ear.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/music note ear tattoo/Jenni_Lee_photos/MusicalNotes.jpg

Idea 3
Bass Clef on my back.
http://efelen.deviantart.com/art/My-tattoo-38840540

Well, what do you think? :3

EDIT: If you vote, please post why! Especially if you have a behind-the-ear tattoo, or you know someone who does. That's what I'm leaning towards but I'm not sure how easy they are to cover up with hair.
Oh! I love the music notes behind the ear.
I think a Bass clef behind your ear would look amazing and fit you really well.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
I would be unsure about the behidn the ear. Doing a quick research, some people say it is painless while some people say it is one of the places where it hurts the msot. Of course some of that depends on the person. I would ask the place you get it at about it.
The back would probably hurt more overall since it is larger.
Either one would work, It isnt like it is on your forehead so you wont be hurt by it in job interviews.

Wheezing Prophet

How about on your ribs?
Or do you have big knockers?

The back one would be easier to conceal than the ear...
but I'm not really a fan of that placement.
It really detracts from a very sexy part of the woman... imo.

what if you did it off to one side below the shoulder blades?
lilartichoke
How about on your ribs?
Or do you have big knockers?

The back one would be easier to conceal than the ear...
but I'm not really a fan of that placement.
It really detracts from a very sexy part of the woman... imo.

what if you did it off to one side below the shoulder blades?

HAHA, to answer your first question, no. I'm like, barely an A cup. I had thought about ribs, but I'm not a fan of the placement.

I do like the idea of putting to the side below the shoulder blades though! I never thought of that.

Wheezing Prophet

Yeah... it's sexier because it's not as expected.
I would get the bass cleft, simply because I love how they look. Behind the ear is actually a great place for your first tattoo, since the skin takes the tattoo very well, and it's not a particularly painful area. It also heals well. It's a discreet place that's easy enough to hide, so it'll work well for a teaching job. And since it's something that means something to you, it's not likely to be something you regret.
I think any of them would be super sexy (maybe I'm a little partial; I play tuba).

I plan on getting some music-related tattoos in the nearby future, also.
-Majestic Muffin-
I think any of them would be super sexy (maybe I'm a little partial; I play tuba).

I plan on getting some music-related tattoos in the nearby future, also.

Haha, seriously? :3 Go Low Brass girls! I'm like, the only one at my school.

Liberal Gekko

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
hm... I think the music notes behind the ear would be really cool. And I never really thought of doing it behind a ear. but it looks pretty good so any of them would be cool but i think the one on the back would defiantly hurt the most so idea 2 is my suggestion. ((I play the violin in 7th grade concert orchestra at my school >_< ))

Alien Investigator

7,750 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I am doing something very similar! Except I am getting a humungous saxophone down my side, money willing.
I guess I can do that, seeing as how I am going into performance and not music ed.
A tattoo behind the ear is very trick to pull off as a teacher, I can imagine. I have one with short hair behind the ear of a golden snitch.
You could never put your hair up.
Sailor Moko
A tattoo behind the ear is very trick to pull off as a teacher, I can imagine. I have one with short hair behind the ear of a golden snitch.
You could never put your hair up.

Yeah, that's what someone else was telling me. As much as I'd like the ear tattoo, I'm now starting to lean more towards a back tattoo at this point now. Still not sure where exactly on my back though; either like, the middle of my back like the picture or more towards one of my shoulder blades.

As well I was looking at some other ideas. Originally I wanted just a plain bass clef, but I found some other cute designs online (I would design my own if I decided to do something like that; maybe something similar to this) but I don't know. I'm still pretty partial to the traditional bass clef. Your sax idea is very cool though! :3

@watreera: Haha, really? :3 I'm still very new to violin.

I love the bass clef behind the ear. I think it would suit you and is really cute. =)
Plus, your future students will think you're awesome for it. I know the teachers at my school with piercings or tattoo get a lot of student appreciation for it. (Though I don't know how the other teachers/staff feel.)

Edit: Is having a tattoo really going to be that much of an issue that you could never show it? I mean, I know I live in liberal California Bay Area, but.. I dunno, it just seems weird that it would be so much of an issue to me. Here something that little probably wouldn't effect your job standings at all.

Quixoticcy

Edit: Is having a tattoo really going to be that much of an issue that you could never show it? I mean, I know I live in liberal California Bay Area, but.. I dunno, it just seems weird that it would be so much of an issue to me. Here something that little probably wouldn't effect your job standings at all.

For some professions it might not be that big of a problem, but for any kind of teaching profession it's usually a deal breaker if it's something that might show. Like, I know one of my 8th grade teachers who was fairly young had a tramp stamp, and one time she bent over to pick something up and our school principle happened to be in the room and saw and she got in big trouble.

I mean, it might just depend on the school. My elementary school was pretty conservative after all, but I'd have to look into it more. I don't want to get something that might hinder me getting a job.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff