Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shark Bacon
whyy am i here
Shark Bacon
Oh, American Eagle is my new favorite shorts place. Their midi shorts are the perfect length, and so so comfy.

I have the same problem as you, though. I just feel uncomfortable and unattractive in summer clothes. I'm such a porker, and summer clothes just really don't flatter me.

I mean, I face it and go out anyway, but I honestly avoid mirrors because I just don't want to see myself.
that's good to know. i will check them out. i really need to find somewhere for tops though

yup, i know that feeling. i still dont understand how different clothes can make me look so much uglier. ugh.
i try avoiding mirrors too but if i feel ugly, even if i cant see, i still feel horrible all day. sigh

Right?
Anyway, American Eagle is a little pricier compared to some places, it's definitely more expensive than Old Navy, but the quality feels better, and they just fit me better. They just had a shorts sale, though, it may still be going on...
oh, i'll probably not try that then since i havent warn shorts in years, i'll just get a cheap pair somewhere until i know i can feel comfortable wearing them.
anyway thanks for being able to relate too, it's nice to know im not the only one going through this at least. i wish u luck as well
apiyo
whyy am i here
apiyo
What a shame, noone should feel they have to be holed up in the house due to insecurity. You should really overcome you're body issues because clothing won't always fix it. You look like you and come to terms with the fact that you look like you. If you can change it in a healthy manner do it, and if not then accept it. The clothes are to embellish you. The fit is most important and will make you feel and look better. After that it comes down to what you like. Myself, I shop at stores like Belks, and Dillards, and sew my own using Vintage pattern reprints. I know what looks good on me and what i like so they make and buy themselves. I actually like spring and fall better because I like to dress in layers but winter dressing gets the be annoying with the coats and all.
yeah, i know. i don't know how to overcome it though. i mean compared to two years ago i am way better off but still not good. actually even compared to last year. i just only have such a small amount of things that i do feel comfortable in, that's the problem. i can't find anything else now and i keep rewearing the ones i like and then i feel like i cant go out with the same people anymore than 4 times because i only have 4 outfits or something like that.
i never heard of those two stores. i'm going to look them up now and see if there are any around here and check them out.
i agree, i love layering. i like fall clothe.

Well, lack of confidence comes from being aware that there's a standard way you're "supposed" to look and the fact you don't look like that. Either from other people or your own aspirations. It's hard and I've had problems with that too. When I was younger I thought I was boring looking and didn't get attention from being flat so I wasn't one of the hot girls. We're often hardest on ourselves and things that make you feel ugly aren't as bad as you think. It's hard but just accept the fact that you don't meet that standard and that's okay. If you can change something about your appearance to feel better, do it in a healthy manner. If you can't change a part of you to be less (what you consider to be) ugly then accept the fact that. It's not the end of the world to not have certain physical trait because people don't all look the exact same. It's nothing to be sad about to have some clothes make you look not-so-good, everyone has some cut or color just does NOT work with them. Just go on to the next thing, they're inanimate objects.
well idk, i think that is a small part of it. i don't really compare myself to other people, it's more that i just don't feel comfortable with the way my body is. i have kind of the opposite of what you had. I don't want attention and i want to kind of hide my body. i feel like having a larger chest draws a kind of attention that i don't want and so that's what makes me feel most uncomfortable really. and thats why summer clothes make me feel bad, because its hard to hide myself in them.
whyy am i here
123fugly123
when i was younger i always wore a sweater and jeans to school even if it was hot.i just felt insecure without my sweater. on the weekends i would take off my sweater and i didnt even own shorts. then later i began wearing shorts and a t shirt when it was hot out.i dont like wearing a tank top or really short shorts. makes me feel naked. then i finally found out a comfy style and dont have to worry about feeling uncomfortable.yea. maybe u should try a certain style so it can make u feel comfortable.
same here. everyone used to ask me how i was not sweating all the time and i would be so embarrassed but i wanted to feel comfortable and that was/is the only way i know how. what is the comfy style you found? just wondering. yeah, i am trying to find one for me, its so hard tho

i think my style is comfortable,conservative,casual,lazy .maybe u should start with the basics like a a plain t shirt and bermuda shorts and vans or converse.

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
My personal opinion, I think sundresses are the fashion staple of summer. They're easy, comfortable, any shoe goes well with them, etc. I also like to wear shorts & a cute top too though. I've gotten really into printed shorts, so I'll keep the tops more simple. Like a denim button-up or a black/white tee/tank.

I mostly shop at places like Rue 21, Marshall's, TJmaxx. My fave store is Plato's Closet though. I got tons of cute shorts from there & dresses!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rainbow Harvester

lots of summer dresses have really flattering cuts, I find. even for girls like me who are both really short and curvy, lol. they're also really comfortable and easy to just throw on. I've found some really cute ones at stores like PacSun, Kohls, and Tilly's.

you said before that you're uncomfortable about your larger bust. if it's cleavage that's making you self-conscious, maybe try wearing bandeau bras to cover it up? they're pretty cheap, come in TONS of different colors, and they're really easy to find this time of year. I wear them over my normal bra, and it gives a little more coverage without the bulk of layering shirts. C:

Interesting Genius

14,250 Points
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
American Eagle has really nice Bermuda shorts and so does Maurice's. I wear a lot of tees and athletic wear tops. Kohl's has some nice athletic wear tops and Old Navy has some nice tees.
Kibbity_Kabbit2
My personal opinion, I think sundresses are the fashion staple of summer. They're easy, comfortable, any shoe goes well with them, etc. I also like to wear shorts & a cute top too though. I've gotten really into printed shorts, so I'll keep the tops more simple. Like a denim button-up or a black/white tee/tank.

I mostly shop at places like Rue 21, Marshall's, TJmaxx. My fave store is Plato's Closet though. I got tons of cute shorts from there & dresses!
ooh i love those shorts. and the dresses are pretty. im not confident enough to wear stuff like that tho. but it looks great on u and u look very confident
Zmrzlina
lots of summer dresses have really flattering cuts, I find. even for girls like me who are both really short and curvy, lol. they're also really comfortable and easy to just throw on. I've found some really cute ones at stores like PacSun, Kohls, and Tilly's.

you said before that you're uncomfortable about your larger bust. if it's cleavage that's making you self-conscious, maybe try wearing bandeau bras to cover it up? they're pretty cheap, come in TONS of different colors, and they're really easy to find this time of year. I wear them over my normal bra, and it gives a little more coverage without the bulk of layering shirts. C:
well i usually don't wear anything with low cut necklines so thats not really the problem. that's a good idea to wear them over it though. i have a bandeau because i wanted to try wearing one and i was like i cant go out with just that under a shirt, it feels too loose, u know.
JRandom18
American Eagle has really nice Bermuda shorts and so does Maurice's. I wear a lot of tees and athletic wear tops. Kohl's has some nice athletic wear tops and Old Navy has some nice tees.
i feel like plain tshirts or athletic tops make me look fatter. but i will check those out for shorts thanks

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
whyy am i here
Kibbity_Kabbit2

ooh i love those shorts. and the dresses are pretty. im not confident enough to wear stuff like that tho. but it looks great on u and u look very confident

Awwww! Thanks. I'm sure you would look really pretty in a nice summer dress. It doesn't have to be short & you can put a tee underneath them if you're worried about cleavage showing.
Kibbity_Kabbit2
whyy am i here
Kibbity_Kabbit2

Awwww! Thanks. I'm sure you would look really pretty in a nice summer dress. It doesn't have to be short & you can put a tee underneath them if you're worried about cleavage showing.
thank you. i just feel weird in dresses though, like i don't feel like myself, you know what i mean?

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
whyy am i here
Kibbity_Kabbit2
whyy am i here
Kibbity_Kabbit2

thank you. i just feel weird in dresses though, like i don't feel like myself, you know what i mean?

That's understandable. I was just trying to give you easy options, but I guess I was of no help. sweatdrop
Kibbity_Kabbit2
whyy am i here
Kibbity_Kabbit2
whyy am i here
Kibbity_Kabbit2

That's understandable. I was just trying to give you easy options, but I guess I was of no help. sweatdrop
oh no thats ok though. i liked seeing your outfits anyway

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces