Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
So about five months ago, I bleached my hair with some Garnier box bleach. Right after bleaching (and washing and conditioning and whatnot), I dyed my hair with this. The purple faded off a day or two after dyeing.
Why?

Also, I'm going to dye my hair again soon to a black-blue. Do you think it's going to just fade off right away, or actually stay in my hair? If it's going to fade right off, what should I do to prevent that?
That dye is a semi-permanent haircolour. Yes they are more healthy for your hair, but they fade very quickly. Try using a haircolour that says "permanent" somewhere on the box. Also try to minimize the amount of times you shampoo your hair, and just avoid using shampoo for at least 3 days after you do dye it.
I've always heard to not dye fresh washed hair, so maybe since you did it right after you washed your hair could be one reason why it didn't stay too long.

Tipsy Phantom

6,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I stopped using shampoo and just washed my hair with conditioner and my hair has been able to retain even non-permanent colors for months. And my hair has never been so healthy and soft and shiny. 3nodding

Tipsy Poster

5,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
SquidIt
So about five months ago, I bleached my hair with some Garnier box bleach. Right after bleaching (and washing and conditioning and whatnot), I dyed my hair with this. The purple faded off a day or two after dyeing.
Why?

Also, I'm going to dye my hair again soon to a black-blue. Do you think it's going to just fade off right away, or actually stay in my hair? If it's going to fade right off, what should I do to prevent that?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Don't wash your hair every day and use a shampoo and conditioner specially for color treated hair. I've also heard that right after dyeing, rinsing your hair in vinegar will help it stay longer. I have purple hair and I don't wash it every day, I wash it either every other day or every two days and I wash it with Pantene for color treated hair. It stays for quite a while!

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
Dont wash too often. You arent supposed to wash your hair until 24 hours at least after you dye it. ALso look at your shampoo, some are more stripping ot colored hair than others. Wash in cold water as well.

ALSO, you arent supposed to conditon after bleach, but after you finish dyeing the hair if you do it right away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff