Total Votes:[ 6 ]
This poll closed on August 27, 2014.
No longer accepting new votes.

Blessed Regular

9,925 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I went shopping & decided to buy a skirt, but after trying on a few, I got discouraged. What kinds of skirts fit a woman with a pear shape (small breasts & waist but big hips & thighs)?

Blessed Regular

9,925 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Party Kitten

11,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I'm more of an hourglass figure, but I'd say any A-line skirts would look good. Thicker material, too. Or I'd show off the curves and wear a pencil skirt.

Blessed Regular

9,925 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
crystuls
I'm more of an hourglass figure, but I'd say any A-line skirts would look good. Thicker material, too. Or I'd show off the curves and wear a pencil skirt.

A-line??? Hmmm... That's a good idea. I don't want something tight around the hip area then loose all around. That looks weird on me. But A-lines are loose, like flaired, right? And yes! Definitely thick material. Thank you!
I'm pear shaped, and a love even type of silhouette on me besides drop waist skirt. I also prefer high waist skirts to skirts that rest on the hip.

Blessed Regular

9,925 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Averiyx
I'm pear shaped, and a love even type of silhouette on me besides drop waist skirt. I also prefer high waist skirts to skirts that rest on the hip.

I think I'll start considering high waist skirts... Is it hard to find one that fits your waist AND hips/butt right?
Do you want to emphasize your hips, or make them look smaller?

Blessed Regular

9,925 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Pikkewyn

Smaller! But I want something casualish, not for a special event or anything like that
Itz_Breezy_Bxtch
Pikkewyn

Smaller! But I want something casualish, not for a special event or anything like that
Make sure you wear an outfit where you draw the attention to the upper body. Keep the bottom toned down, while you wear an attention-drawing top. For the skirt itself, look for flowy, high waisted skirts, which are preferably a bit longer. Knee length skirts or even longer ones usually work better than mini skirts. Right now, those skater skirts and dresses are very hip. Longer versions of those skirts usually work fine for pear shaped bodies.

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

Pencil skirts, for sure IMO. I'm sort of...plank shaped, so I can't wear pencil skirts. You really need nice curvy hips to rock them.

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
I'm pear shaped & I wear any skirt I feel like rocking. Although, I have lost a ton of weight. IMO, the best skirts that look great on me are high-low skirts. They give me the sex appeal by showing off my legs, flowy enough to cover what I want, & long enough for no accidental peek-a-booty.

I hate it when magazines & fashion gurus say pear shaped women should just stick with flowy skirts. I think high waisted bandage skirts look just as great on me.
Pencil skirts for sure. I'm pear shaped as well and hooooly mother do they do us justice. Seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff