Welcome to Gaia! ::

For father's day I want to get my dad a pair of plain low-top black Converse All Stars because lately he's been talking about how much he wants a pair just like when he was a teenager. So, he wears a men's 8 1/2 and... there are none, not even on the Converse website. It says on the website that you should go down a half size for sizing, so I could theoretically get him a size 8, but I don't want to get it for him and them not fit.

So, does anybody have any experience with the weird sizing that could tell me if it'd be okay to just get him an 8?

P.S. - I know I could just get him to try some on, but I really want it to be a surprise.
Usually, I wear 6's in womans. But in converses, I'm half a size up.
I'd get him 9's, I think.
It should be fine to get him an 8. I'm a 10 1/2 in shoes, but when I tried on 11's they were too long. The 10s fit perfect. For Converse, shoes are more long than they are wide, that's why they tell you to go a 1/2 size smaller.
Ghostco
that is totally contradicting...

anyone will tell you converse run big, aside from the fact that they are more so longer than wide... and also w/o alot of the padding in the shoe, he should be fine with an 8 1/2

if his sneaker size is 8 1/2 then his cons size will be 8... i kmnow this because i wear an 8 1/2 usually but in cons I wear an 8
I'm a size eight men's and there's room in my converse size eights for wiggle room. Just to be sure though, go up to a nine, as they're not the widest shoes ever. You'd be able to return them at least if they don't fit as well.
Justin-Prince
Ghostco
that is totally contradicting...

anyone will tell you converse run big, aside from the fact that they are more so longer than wide... and also w/o alot of the padding in the shoe, he should be fine with an 8 1/2

if his sneaker size is 8 1/2 then his cons size will be 8... i kmnow this because i wear an 8 1/2 usually but in cons I wear an 8

i have the same issue. i'm a size 6½ in womens usually, but when i wear converse, i need a 7.
it's different for everyone, depending on how broad feet you have, for example.

Sparkly Sweetheart

14,675 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
This has nothing to do with sizing, but if he wants a pair like he had when he was a teenager...wouldn't they probably have been high tops? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought they wore high tops back in the day.
They make 8.5's If you want to, just look for womans 10.5's, it's the same.

However, he should be fine with an eight, the half sizes don't make much off a difference.

I'm ussually a 6, but in converse I'm a 5.5, they tend to run big.
i wear a seven and a half in womens, i got a four and a half in mens. i don;t think that really helps, but....

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
dontforgetit94
i wear a seven and a half in womens, i got a four and a half in mens. i don;t think that really helps, but....

This thread was answered 3 months ago. There was no need to post.

stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces