Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hi hi,

Recently I am finding it very hard to find nice tees with nice designs. I mean the stores around here generally stock the same plain or boring stuff.

So I have been checking out online stores, one that caught my attention is :http://www.spreadshirt.com.au/

the designs are good and you can make your own. I dont mind the costs but what are your thoughts on online shopping?

Are the tees good quality?(cotton etc).

Would you recommend online shopping for clothes?

I do know that shopping on ebay is a bad idea as shirts there are off -bad- quality and aren't so...durable.

Dangerous Kitten

Id say shopping online can be a hit or miss. It depends on the shop/seller too. If there are size charts, DEFINITELY FOLLOW IT. Its good to keep in mind what your body measurements are and buy clothes that either fit in your measurement range or larger. Thats because a lot of stores nowadays sell items that run smaller than what it claims. For quality, most items have the materials its made of listed on the info. So it can be difficult to know how durable items are. And if possible, read some reviews.
All depends.
I basically won't order unless I have reviews AND actual customer images.
I'm a very in-between size (I'm anywhere from a size 10 to 16), so I really need to know how things are supposed to fit vs what they say the fit is.

I usually just order men's graphic tees for this reason, though. I don't wear these for them to be form fitting.

Kawaii Shoujo

i've only bought t-shirts online from the yetee b/c i'm a huge video game nerd

i chose to buy from them because i'd been familiar with them for a couple years. they're associated with an event i follow (games done quick), i'm familiar with some of the artists who contribute art, etc, so i knew they were reputable. everything i got was great and fit great, i can't remember if they had sizing charts or just told you if sizes ran small/large, i think they said they went by some brand's size, like american apparel or smth

unfortunately i haven't had any other experience buying clothes online. :c
It really all depends and you have to
do your research on whatever store
you are purchasing from especially
if you're not an average size, like me
i'm pretty small so some smalls are
still too big. some stores run bigger and
some run smaller in sizes. There's a lot
of things to take into account but overall
I really like online shopping.

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Just make sure that you know your measurements and do a lot of research on a store before you buy from them.

Precious Lover

15,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
It really depends.

Just know your measurements and check if there's chart size. Sizes may vary between online stores. Most of my friends have brought clothes they usually buy from a store Asia, which were smaller than their actual size. Example: They usually get medium, the shirt they bought online felt like a "small" here

Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm not an online shopper for clothing, but rather jewelry and other things because I'm really petite (my clothes size vary a lot) and I believe in trying out the clothes before buying

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I do mostly online shopping nowadays, especially since I've gotten an interest in Korean style fashion and Japanese alternative fashion like mori girl (and also lolita, but I don't own any lolita clothes, just a parasol). With Japanese alternative fashion, esp. lolita, you pretty much have to know how to shop online since that's the only way you're ever going to get the clothes, unless you live in Japan or whichever country lolita brand stores have their branch in. Here in America, the only two physical lolita stores are in San Francisco, California. Anyway, where you buy from is a hit or miss, and you should always check reviews to make sure the site you're buying from is legit, especially since there are a lot of scam sites out there.
Do you know (I mean really know) your size? It does vary slightly between brands, but for the most part, as long as you can accurately read a size chart for yourself, you should be fine with online shopping. Look for websites with lots of reviews- for example, for cute, unique women's clothing, I love a site called Modcloth. The clothing is good quality, and they heavily encourage people to leave reviews (which a lot of people do). For things like t-shirts, my brother and I really like the website Tee Turtle.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Totally. I use Amazon all the time for clothing. I've actually got some my favorite stuff on Amazon.

For t-shirts, I've used Threadless and Redbubble, they're both really good.

Check reviews before you order, though, because some stuff you'll find out is totally not what you're expecting, or it runs small, stuff like that, and reviews help.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Online shopping can be a huge hit or miss. Especially with clothes. Just before boxing day, I was going to order a few items from a stores online selection, and instead went to the actual store and ended up, scoring an awesome sale, and finding out two of the shirts I wanted, I needed in a size bigger than I originally thought, because they are made a bit smaller.

Always find out the return policy with online shopping. For example, JustFAB, has an awesome return/exchange policy, while some other places don't have a return policy.

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Shopping online is fine, but it really depends. I personally wouldn't do any shopping at a website if I don't know the company/website (for example, I'd be more likely to trust a company that has a physical store like... Forever 21, let's say, over a random person on Ebay), or doesn't have a whole lot of good reviews. If you have friends/family who have shopped on a certain site and haven't had any problems, that store is probably trustworthy.

Also, you can't try clothes on at an online store, so if your store has a size chart, by all means USE IT. That's actually super important, I've had friends who didn't refer to the size chart and bought clothes that were several sizes too small/big and didn't fit at all. sad

As for durability, most stores have a list of materials for the item you're looking at. If they don't, I'd be a little more cautious about buying from there.

Partying Prophet

I pretty much exclusively shop online. Most websites have a size guide that translates to actual measurements. Surprisingly I've never had a problem with fit, idk.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
wow alot more responses than I had hoped for.

thankyou everyone who contributed. A couple things:

1. I do know my size and make sure to use the size chart
2. bought a shirt from cottonon.com and spreadshirt.com, au version, its not so much the size, imma worry more about quality.
3. ebay is very hit and miss with about only 30% succes rate for me. clothing may be the size I need but the material is usually very bad.

Komitkid's Wife

You just have to keep in mind with every brand the sizes are different.
You might have to trial and error one time.
Like if you wear a size medium and that size is too small there then you know you will have to buy a large. Also, if the quality sucks then find somewhere else.
I usually stick to stores i know my sizes in like Victoria secret, Abercrombie, American Eagle.
You know, stores you would see out in public.

There are somethings i wont buy online like for instance, shoes.
Because i wear either a 6.5 or 7 depending on what type of shoe it is rather than the brand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff