Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Consumer

caution : whiny teenager alert, don't read if you aren't going to come. at. me. v u v

B (
          soo, my school has a uniform. . . llaamme.
          you have to wear either a white, black, or gray collared shirt with black or navy blue slacks.
          slacks look so ugly, and i usually wear skinny jeans but they caught me today and made me wear
          some uglyass slacks. q Aq /cries 5evar)
          i don't have much of a problem with the collared shirts, but the slacks. . . they're killing me.
          how do i make them look good ?
          it's annoying. D':
          auugh.

Eloquent Vampire

Don't worry about it. You're there to learn, not be fashionable and impress people. Might as well just wear the uniform and deal with it. Just make sure the slacks fit you properly, are the right length and size, and that's the best you can do.

If you get a job that requires a uniform, it will be even worse.

Shirtless Smoker

There's nothing you can do asides from wearing the CORRECT size. Oh, and accessorizing?

Newbie Consumer

Jagger-Wolf
Don't worry about it. You're there to learn, not be fashionable and impress people. Might as well just wear the uniform and deal with it. Just make sure the slacks fit you properly, are the right length and size, and that's the best you can do.

nahh, i understand that perfectly. c:
            but. . . UNIFORM SUCKS & I DON'T LIKE IT. emotion_donotwant
            anymore advice though ? q Aq ;;

Romantic Lunatic

Jagger-Wolf

Thiis. Kids who complain about school uniforms make me giggle. The'll be doing it their entire life. Misewell learn now right?

Tailor them. Can they get on you if you got skinnier slacks?

Newbie Consumer

Aellos

; oo ;
                i don't think i'll mind it if it were in an office or anything of that sort, 'cause yanno. . . i think the office
                uniform looks kind of jazzy. <33
                but, as for school uniforms, nastehh everywhere in my face.
                i accessorize with vests & little details like that, but i just can't find anything
                that would work with slacks.
                i would get those skinny khakis, though. c:

Eloquent Vampire

eagle bby
Jagger-Wolf

nahh, i understand that perfectly. c:
            but. . . UNIFORM SUCKS & I DON'T LIKE IT. emotion_donotwant
            anymore advice though ? q Aq ;;
I would have loved a uniform while in school. Takes away a lot of the petty distractions stupid kids obsess over. As long as I didn't have to wear a skirt all the time, I could wear pants or the skirt, that would be fine with me. Black skirt, black shirt, black tights/leggings underneath and black shoes? Oh yeah, I would have been all over that.

Eloquent Vampire

eagle bby
Aellos

; oo ;
                i don't think i'll mind it if it were in an office or anything of that sort, 'cause yanno. . . i think the office
                uniform looks kind of jazzy. <33
                but, as for school uniforms, nastehh everywhere in my face.
                i accessorize with vests & little details like that, but i just can't find anything
                that would work with slacks.
                i would get those skinny khakis, though. c:
That's not what I mean by "work uniforms". You're probably not gonna get a swanky office job right out of high school, or while still in school.

You'd be wearing something like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Admittedly, that's an extreme example. But a lot of workplaces require at least a polo with the company logo on it, at the most casual. You're still forced to wear something you don't necessarily want to, and have very little to no creative options with it.

Newbie Consumer

Jagger-Wolf

ohohohoho, you are one of the few, my young senpai. v u v
              i praise you. yesyes.
              but, i like to be more colorful and bright, you feeeel meeee ?
              thanks, btw. B )
              EDIT. EDIT. EDIIIT.

mmf, funky uniforms i likey.
              i wouldn't mind wearing uniforms such as those, but i just don't like anything plain
              and. . . boring.

Eloquent Vampire

eagle bby
Jagger-Wolf

ohohohoho, you are one of the few, my young senpai. v u v
              i praise you. yesyes.
              but, i like to be more colorful and bright, you feeeel meeee ?
              thanks, btw. B )
Again, it's a uniform. For school. You wear it 6-8 hours of your day. They issue uniforms so you're not so distracted with your look and the looks of others that you can focus on your school work, which you SHOULD be doing anyway. Don't be concerned with what you're wearing in high school, especially since everyone else is doing the same thing.

Go to school to learn. You'll regret it if you do poorly because you were so concerned with fighting the dress code.

Newbie Consumer

Jagger-Wolf

yesyes.
              i shall follow you & your advice.
              i like your wisdom !
              buuuuuuttttttt. . . . /cries 5evar
              the uniform it's just. . . i can't. . . it's . . . /flies to sun
              i disagree with the uniform , though.
              being a creative artist and whatnot, i like to express myself through fashion and designs.

Eloquent Vampire

eagle bby
Jagger-Wolf

yesyes.
              i shall follow you & your advice.
              i like your wisdom !
              buuuuuuttttttt. . . . /cries 5evar
              the uniform it's just. . . i can't. . . it's . . . /flies to sun
Be glad it's just black on black, or black and white, or black and blue, or whatever combinations, easy colors to work with. Be glad it's not something hideous. Be GLAD that your uniform is easy to wear, and not ugly.

It could be a lot worse. Get over it. Be creative and unique on your own time, not the school's. You are not there to be fashionable and trendy and unique and different. You are there to LEARN, and by enforcing a dark or neutral colored uniform policy you are then not distracted by your looks and the looks of others, so you can devote more time to learning and studying. As you should since that's what school is FOR.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
No offense, but this sort of thinking is the exact reason why schools push the uniforms.
Could you get away with a pair of slim or skinny fit twill pants? Even bootcut?

I attended a school where uniforms were required for eight years, also long as the fabric and colors where appropriate we were allowed a few variations on the cut. They understood how minor expressions of "individuality" didn't distract from the main event: our studies.

Try browsing French Toast, Dickies,or JcPenney.
Are chino's allowed?
They look comparable to slacks, but are actually in and I find them pretty cute.

And also, just wear the uniform.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces