Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stone-cold Creature

Just curious. I find it stupid that most jobs, including mine that mainly seems to hire people 20-23, doesn't allowed any sort of unnatural hair colour, no piercing, and even tiny coloured rose studs are "inappropriate and too fancy", like what? I don't understand what's wrong with tiny rose studs, those are the only studs I wear aside from my 1g stretches which are pretty much nothing. I work at ******** jimmy johns. We do not have time to talk to people, I don't think an old lady is going to come in and be all "ew". Everyone at five guys is always smoking and gross and people go in there so. Anywho completely going off topic xD

Curious if anyone knows how to braid their hair and conceal hair dye. (Like all the way completely dyed) I know that'd be a little difficult to make it not obvious with extensions (I wear a visor though) but I don't want a wig. I also have stupid hair that's not straight or fine or very shiny because it's not straight and majorly creases so any updo will just make my hair stupid and formed upwards if I take it out afterwards and I go places after work sometimes. no I have not dyed my hair, I'm just tired of looking bland and gross so I'm contemplating. Make up takes effort and costs money so I don't wear it much. Just thinking about dying my hair, I look better with dyed hair. Teal was the best but other things would be nice. I choose braids because they make my hair wavy and more tame once i take them out.

I am clearly against jobs banning body mods and hair dye. I don't work in a damn funeral home and even if I did, looks do not have effect on someone's ability to serve others and work. I'm pretty sure being unattractive has more effect than anything which is extremely messed up and sad but clearly I can't do anything about either as much as I'd like to :c

Thanks for any suggestions/tips/photos/videos 8D

I mean maybe one day I'll be able to afford a real-hair wig that's the same or very similar hair type as mine lol. (Or someone will just come up with a way to change the gene that determines hair type. Want that so much more than my diabetes cured tbh, my life. it's pathetic.)

Eloquent Vampire

If you can't or don't want to hide your entire head under some sort of hat, there's no way to hide the fact that you have unnaturally colored hair.

I would very much recommend Arda Wigs for wigs. Amazing quality at incredibly reasonable prices, and believably realistic styles, colors, and looks. They're able to be heat styled (boiling water for curls, flat irons on cool settings for straight, etc), washed easily, and styled nearly effortlessly. http://arda-wigs.com/
You can do things like getting your under layers dyed so that they only show when you put your hair up, but that only works if you keep your hair down all the time. Having dyed hair is a choice you make and if you dont get a job because of it, you have to accept that it is the reality. It sucks but you cant change the system from the bottom.

For braids what kind are you looking at? I have long hair so i braid it all the time, but it really depends on what you want. I find french braids do the waves better becaue it uses more of your hair, where as just a normal braid will only use the hair that isnt on your scalp.
i'm 100% sure you don't look better with teal hair
If you are dead set on dying your hair, do underlayers. That way, you can easily tuck them away. I'm still not sure what your hair type is..."it's not straight"...so is it curly? Wavy? Frizzy? Or just easily creased but relatively straight?

I do find it stupid that people judge so harshly against dyed hair. It's just hair. I worked at an amusement park one summer (worst job ever, do not recommend) who banned not just dyed hair, but even nail polish that wasn't solid nude/neutral. You couldn't even have a french manicure, even though that probably makes your nails look better and more "professional". It's an amusement park...it's not like we're in three-piece suits and stuff...it's supposed to be a "fun" place and we had gross, tacky uniforms anyway. Coloured hair isn't going to make anyone look any better or worse.

Stone-cold Creature

Yeongri
If you are dead set on dying your hair, do underlayers. That way, you can easily tuck them away. I'm still not sure what your hair type is..."it's not straight"...so is it curly? Wavy? Frizzy? Or just easily creased but relatively straight?

I do find it stupid that people judge so harshly against dyed hair. It's just hair. I worked at an amusement park one summer (worst job ever, do not recommend) who banned not just dyed hair, but even nail polish that wasn't solid nude/neutral. You couldn't even have a french manicure, even though that probably makes your nails look better and more "professional". It's an amusement park...it's not like we're in three-piece suits and stuff...it's supposed to be a "fun" place and we had gross, tacky uniforms anyway. Coloured hair isn't going to make anyone look any better or worse.

I literally have no clue how to explain to you my hair type. All i can say is there is absolutely no wig, real or fake, with my type of hair. My hair is curly if left down and air dried and it's gross and poofy and stupid looking if I do that and gets knotted up so I do two braids or sometimes one pulled over my shoulder. When I take it out after at least maybe 8 hours (which sucks cuz I hate showers and I end up taking them late and can't take my hair out at school or whatever) it's wavy and kind of perf. My roots are straight. My hair used to be curly aside from drying it to get curls then sophomore year it became a bit flatter and more wavy. I delete most pics of myself so I'm not sure I have any haha.

Yeah literally that's ridiculous, not like old people really go to amusement parks. The hospital where I can hopefully get a job at next summer with help from my grandparents (grandpa is a top 200 pediatrics doctor in the NW and grandma is a retired nurse and they work/worked at this hospital) allows people in SCRUBS, a PROFESSIONAL job to have sleeves! But I make sandwiches with college students and they have to where compressed long sleeves and flip their nose rings. I also can't show my necklace, it's tucked into my shirt. The ******** Jimmy John, you were a drunk party boy -_____-

Stone-cold Creature

legnanellaf5
You can do things like getting your under layers dyed so that they only show when you put your hair up, but that only works if you keep your hair down all the time. Having dyed hair is a choice you make and if you dont get a job because of it, you have to accept that it is the reality. It sucks but you cant change the system from the bottom.

For braids what kind are you looking at? I have long hair so i braid it all the time, but it really depends on what you want. I find french braids do the waves better becaue it uses more of your hair, where as just a normal braid will only use the hair that isnt on your scalp.

I'm not a fan of under layer dye personally (on me at least) It really only works if you have layers and I am never layering my hair again, what a pain in the a** to grow out evenly haha.

As for braids I'm just simple and do two side braids mainly for the waves since I have really thick hair and one braid doesn't work or I do one braid over my shoulder. I can't braid my own hair well and I don't understand how the ******** to do any other braids besides the standard one lolol. I also can't braid behind my own head. So I don't bother. But if I could french braid over night I so would, I know what you mean about it using my whole head. I'm fine with flat roots though, I've have thick poofy unmanageable up until two years ago and now I get compliments all the time.

Stone-cold Creature

Why Juxtaposed
i'm 100% sure you don't look better with teal hair

I'm bland, I do. I've had other colours and eh.

Lover

honestly, i would say maybe try getting a job somewhere else? and if you want a wig, then just get wigs from ebay to try and hide it. they're super cheap and good quality
Sassy Sol

I literally have no clue how to explain to you my hair type. All i can say is there is absolutely no wig, real or fake, with my type of hair. My hair is curly if left down and air dried and it's gross and poofy and stupid looking if I do that and gets knotted up so I do two braids or sometimes one pulled over my shoulder. When I take it out after at least maybe 8 hours (which sucks cuz I hate showers and I end up taking them late and can't take my hair out at school or whatever) it's wavy and kind of perf. My roots are straight. My hair used to be curly aside from drying it to get curls then sophomore year it became a bit flatter and more wavy. I delete most pics of myself so I'm not sure I have any haha.

Yeah literally that's ridiculous, not like old people really go to amusement parks. The hospital where I can hopefully get a job at next summer with help from my grandparents (grandpa is a top 200 pediatrics doctor in the NW and grandma is a retired nurse and they work/worked at this hospital) allows people in SCRUBS, a PROFESSIONAL job to have sleeves! But I make sandwiches with college students and they have to where compressed long sleeves and flip their nose rings. I also can't show my necklace, it's tucked into my shirt. The ******** Jimmy John, you were a drunk party boy -_____-

Yeah sounds like underlayers wouldn't work with your hair type, then...There isn't really a way to hide your hair colour if your whole head of hair has been dyed, but if you want to try ombre, which is much easier to take care of (don't need to worry about roots!), then you could still braid and tuck that bit away.

You mean sleeves like tattoo sleeves? Yeah not that I'm looking down on people working in fast food places but that's not exactly a job where tattoos would be remotely an issue. Jewelry, I understand, because stuff falls out and I wouldn't want to bite into a sandwich and find someone's earring or nosering in it lmao. But other than that....I do find certain dress codes extremely ridiculous and outdated.

Stone-cold Creature

Yeongri

Yeah sounds like underlayers wouldn't work with your hair type, then...There isn't really a way to hide your hair colour if your whole head of hair has been dyed, but if you want to try ombre, which is much easier to take care of (don't need to worry about roots!), then you could still braid and tuck that bit away.

You mean sleeves like tattoo sleeves? Yeah not that I'm looking down on people working in fast food places but that's not exactly a job where tattoos would be remotely an issue. Jewelry, I understand, because stuff falls out and I wouldn't want to bite into a sandwich and find someone's earring or nosering in it lmao. But other than that....I do find certain dress codes extremely ridiculous and outdated.

I would get ombres if I had light coloured hair. :c Getting my hair done costs a lot anyways cuz I have too much .-. Like tbh I hate have african american genes ._. salons wanna fluff up my hair and stuff like no I will wash and brush it for you and come in when it is easy. They usually wash then blow dry it and that makes it afro like and just no. So annoying. The only people who do my hair how i want are black and they're so greedy but they do a really good job <.<

Yup my boyfriend valets and volunteers at the hospital. I don't think jewelry should be a problem though if it's secured with a backing or two. But someone also mentioned people who don't clean their jewelry correctly and then crust build up but just sucks cuz my mom never listened to me about piercings and thinks I'll regret them still? So they won't get a chance to heal if I have to take them out. She and my dad are idiots and completely selfish ugh. ._. People are allowed to keep their cartilage piercings in though which kinda makes me mad. I would switch jobs but I want to have a more complete resume, leaving a job and starting over my length of time at one place is kinda lame. Dollar tree though. ; w; It'd just seem super boring to work there though seems like no one goes in. I'll just have to see next year cuz the hours at my job are kinda lame. Shifts are like 4 hours long and you can't go over 30.
Sassy Sol
legnanellaf5

I'm not a fan of under layer dye personally (on me at least) It really only works if you have layers and I am never layering my hair again, what a pain in the a** to grow out evenly haha.

As for braids I'm just simple and do two side braids mainly for the waves since I have really thick hair and one braid doesn't work or I do one braid over my shoulder. I can't braid my own hair well and I don't understand how the ******** to do any other braids besides the standard one lolol. I also can't braid behind my own head. So I don't bother. But if I could french braid over night I so would, I know what you mean about it using my whole head. I'm fine with flat roots though, I've have thick poofy unmanageable up until two years ago and now I get compliments all the time.

Well, there is youtube for braids if you want. I personally found that french looked hard until I grasped the way it worked. Then I realizedd that how i braid I naturally go for dutch instead so I had to work on reversing it to get french. Dutch is just the same but the braid is on top. For easy ones, look at rope braids and fishtail. Idk if your hair type is best for fishtail, but they are both simple because they only need 2 strands.

Mega Ladykiller

Go into retail. Im sure theyre more friendly with that stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff