Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with A-simple-commoner

What are your thoughts on it? I've been growing my hair out for a while, and I've never had it super long but never super short either. I've always sort of stuck middle of the road but recently I've been thinking about a pixie cut. I'm just curious about thoughts and/or opinions on it. I have an oval shape face (I think), my hair is naturally straighy, and my hair is a dirty blonde color. I've also had bangs for like five years and I love how they shape my face, especially with a ponytail in. I'm just worried that I'll do it and have a disaster on my hands, but I feel like it might be less hassle if it's short.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Pixie cuts can look good on anybody as long as you get it cut to properly match your head shape. I had gotten the same pixie cut Rihanna got when she first cut all her hair off. I loved my pixie cut because it was so cute and easy to maintain as well

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I was forced to have a pixie cut (or any short haircuts) throughout my childhood because my mother did not like me having long hair. Whenever my hair grew longer past my chin, she'd take me to a haircut salon. Because of that, I've personally hated having pixie/short hair cuts on me. Not to mention, I was mistaken for a boy a lot when I was a kid and had short hair (I'm a cisgender female). I've seen other women who can rock a pixie cut (i.e. Emma Watson) and still look feminine, but I can't.

Cmdr_40K's Wife

Doting Darling

14,250 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Married 100
Go for it. If you don't like it just wait for your hair to grow back.
I personally really love them and think they look amazing. I have naturally curly hair and i'm planning on getting a pixie cut later this summer. I'm getting it cut similar to Winona Ryder. If you are thinking about it you should just do, hair grows back anyway.

Shameless Fatcat

Pixie cuts come is a lot of different shapes. What will look best will depend on things like your jaw, cheekbones, nose, neck length, etc. Why not take a photo of yourself with your hair pulled back and upload it to a couple virtual hair websites? That's how I picked out the right pixie cut for me.
I also have an oval face with straight hair (which is ideal for pixie cuts) but kind of chubby cheeks. For me, pixie cuts that were all-over short make me look matronly. I have to have bangs and a couple face-framing layers around my cheeks to create faux cheekbones, and then keep it very trim and close to the scalp in the back. Carry Mulligan and Megan Williams have ideal cuts for me.

Keep in mind that makeup will help emphasize the look you're going for. If you want a playful pixie cut, don't do smokey eyes or dramatic red lips. Go for bold pink lipsticks and winged eyeliner instead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff