Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naughty Moonwalker

I've already asked in the circle lens thread but I've not heard anything back.

I bought a pair of lenses ffrom them for Halloween and I was wondering how long they take to get here. I purchased them on the 28th. I've never bought from from then so I was wondering how long they would take. I also live in North Carolina.

Eloquent Vampire

If they are coming from overseas, I would imagine it would take at least 2-3 weeks, on average. I order from a place in Korea, and it usually takes them 3-4 weeks to get here in Utah.

Naughty Moonwalker

Jagger-Wolf
If they are coming from overseas, I would imagine it would take at least 2-3 weeks, on average. I order from a place in Korea, and it usually takes them 3-4 weeks to get here in Utah.
Is that with standard shipping? When I got these they has a special on free shipping on the halloween lenses.

Eloquent Vampire

akiflower
Jagger-Wolf
Is that with standard shipping? When I got these they has a special on free shipping on the halloween lenses.
Yeah, I would imagine. With free shipping, they're always going to go with standard or the cheapest rates, usually the slowest. They're not going to give you super fast expensive shipping for free.

Naughty Moonwalker

Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf
Yeah, I would imagine. With free shipping, they're always going to go with standard or the cheapest rates, usually the slowest. They're not going to give you super fast expensive shipping for free.

I figured that much but I wasn't sure exactly how long it would take. this is my first pair of contacts period. My eye doctor tryed to tell me no but I'm not listening. he just wanted to fuss about the water content

Eloquent Vampire

akiflower
Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf

I figured that much but I wasn't sure exactly how long it would take. this is my first pair of contacts period. My eye doctor tryed to tell me no but I'm not listening. he just wanted to fuss about the water content
You really should not be buying contacts at ALL if you have no idea what you're doing. You can seriously damage your eyes, even go blind, if you don't take care of your eyes and your lenses properly. Do you have any idea what you're doing with contacts? Do you know how to wear them and take care of them?

If your doctor told you no for any reason, you should probably listen to him/her, or ask for alternatives or any brands they would recommend. Ask them why they are against contacts, is it just a personal preference for them, or are they bad for YOU personally? A lot of people physically cannot wear contacts, at all, and you may be one of them. I would listen to your doctor on this one.

Naughty Moonwalker

Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf

You really should not be buying contacts at ALL if you have no idea what you're doing. You can seriously damage your eyes, even go blind, if you don't take care of your eyes and your lenses properly. Do you have any idea what you're doing with contacts? Do you know how to wear them and take care of them?

If your doctor told you no for any reason, you should probably listen to him/her, or ask for alternatives or any brands they would recommend. Ask them why they are against contacts, is it just a personal preference for them, or are they bad for YOU personally? A lot of people physically cannot wear contacts, at all, and you may be one of them. I would listen to your doctor on this one.

I know what I'm doing. I've read up on them and all. I know which solutions to buy. I made sure to get plano lenses. I know not to =wear them long periods of time and all that. The only reason I don't have contacts now is because I had a huge panic attack when the doctor tryed to show me how to put them in. I think I can do it now. My doctor said that he'd never heard anything good about circle lenses, and tryed to push the brand they use on me, he also mentioned the water content of them.

Eloquent Vampire

akiflower
Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf

I know what I'm doing. I've read up on them and all. I know which solutions to buy. I made sure to get plano lenses. I know not to =wear them long periods of time and all that. The only reason I don't have contacts now is because I had a huge panic attack when the doctor tryed to show me how to put them in. I think I can do it now. My doctor said that he'd never heard anything good about circle lenses, and tryed to push the brand they use on me, he also mentioned the water content of them.
Circle lenses are no better or worse for your eyes than doctor prescribed lenses, plain clear or costume lenses. It's all in how you take care of them and your eyes. Most have the same water content as doctor RX'ed ones, they both cut off oxygen to your eyes, but I've noticed that circle lenses do this a bit less. I've actually been more comfortable in RX circle lenses than I've been in many doctor RX'ed contacts. They're thinner, lighter, and just more comfortable all around.

The myth comes from people wearing them too long, or buying from really shady sellers/manufacturers, and idiots making the news when they get terrible eye infections after rinsing the lenses with tap water, wearing them for days at a time straight, or not washing their hands inserting and removing the lenses. It comes from people having NO idea how to care for lenses, how to wear them, forcing their eyes to wear them when the eyes don't want to, just generally being stupid about it.

Just be careful wearing them. When you get them, they have to soak in solution for 6-8 hours before you wear them. Once they're done with that, wear them for 2 hours a day. The day after that, wear them 3 hours. Day after that, 4 hours and so on to give your eyes time to acclimate to the feeling of something on them and figure out how to deal with it or reject them out completely. Many eyes cannot physically wear contacts at all, so do not force them. If they are uncomfortable immediately, try taking them out and rinsing again, make sure they are not inside out, and try again. If they are still uncomfortable, let them soak for another hour or two, then try again. Rinse your eye just in case as well, with a bottle of wetting eye drops. Have a bottle of contact-rewetting eye drops on your person at all times when you are wearing lenses, and carry your case full of new solution wherever you go. That way, if you have to remove them you have a safe place to put them.

Naughty Moonwalker

Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf
akiflower
Jagger-Wolf

Circle lenses are no better or worse for your eyes than doctor prescribed lenses, plain clear or costume lenses. It's all in how you take care of them and your eyes. Most have the same water content as doctor RX'ed ones, they both cut off oxygen to your eyes, but I've noticed that circle lenses do this a bit less. I've actually been more comfortable in RX circle lenses than I've been in many doctor RX'ed contacts. They're thinner, lighter, and just more comfortable all around.

The myth comes from people wearing them too long, or buying from really shady sellers/manufacturers, and idiots making the news when they get terrible eye infections after rinsing the lenses with tap water, wearing them for days at a time straight, or not washing their hands inserting and removing the lenses. It comes from people having NO idea how to care for lenses, how to wear them, forcing their eyes to wear them when the eyes don't want to, just generally being stupid about it.

Just be careful wearing them. When you get them, they have to soak in solution for 6-8 hours before you wear them. Once they're done with that, wear them for 2 hours a day. The day after that, wear them 3 hours. Day after that, 4 hours and so on to give your eyes time to acclimate to the feeling of something on them and figure out how to deal with it or reject them out completely. Many eyes cannot physically wear contacts at all, so do not force them. If they are uncomfortable immediately, try taking them out and rinsing again, make sure they are not inside out, and try again. If they are still uncomfortable, let them soak for another hour or two, then try again. Rinse your eye just in case as well, with a bottle of wetting eye drops. Have a bottle of contact-rewetting eye drops on your person at all times when you are wearing lenses, and carry your case full of new solution wherever you go. That way, if you have to remove them you have a safe place to put them.

Wow.. Your very helpful. Thank you. I eventually want to go to contacts. So maybe these will help it out some., My worst fear with it is that I've got a lazy eye. If I dont wear my glasses it turns inward towards my nose. I'm worries if I get contacts it's going to do that.

Eloquent Vampire

akiflower

Wow.. Your very helpful. Thank you. I eventually want to go to contacts. So maybe these will help it out some., My worst fear with it is that I've got a lazy eye. If I dont wear my glasses it turns inward towards my nose. I'm worries if I get contacts it's going to do that.
You still HAVE to go to your eye doctor and get a contact lens exam. You still MUST be educated in how to take care of them, how to recognize problems, how to wear them, etc. Like I said, some people physically cannot wear contacts at all, and you need to be examined by an eye doctor to make sure that you can, to make sure you don't need toric lenses or regular lenses (toric is for astigmatism). You need to know what your prescription is, even if you only need slight correction, what your base curve is, and other important numbers. There are a lot of circle lens retailers out there that will not sell you contacts at all without a recent prescription (within a year), even if you are buying plano, or no RX, lenses. You need the doctor to make sure you don't have any preexisting conditions that could make wearing of contacts more difficult, more dangerous, or even impossible, etc.

You only get one set of eyes, ever. You cannot replace your eyes if they are damaged or broken or ruined. Take care of them, be careful with whatever you do with them, and use common sense and if you have questions, you need to have a doctor available to ask.
I'd say two weeks. It should definitely be there by halloween.

Naughty Moonwalker

Jagger-Wolf
akiflower

You still HAVE to go to your eye doctor and get a contact lens exam. You still MUST be educated in how to take care of them, how to recognize problems, how to wear them, etc. Like I said, some people physically cannot wear contacts at all, and you need to be examined by an eye doctor to make sure that you can, to make sure you don't need toric lenses or regular lenses (toric is for astigmatism). You need to know what your prescription is, even if you only need slight correction, what your base curve is, and other important numbers. There are a lot of circle lens retailers out there that will not sell you contacts at all without a recent prescription (within a year), even if you are buying plano, or no RX, lenses. You need the doctor to make sure you don't have any preexisting conditions that could make wearing of contacts more difficult, more dangerous, or even impossible, etc.

You only get one set of eyes, ever. You cannot replace your eyes if they are damaged or broken or ruined. Take care of them, be careful with whatever you do with them, and use common sense and if you have questions, you need to have a doctor available to ask.

I've already got all that stuff though. I went for a check up last month.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff