Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Combatant

Hello ~.
I am a fairly short person (5'2) and I am a bit more on the curvy side (I wouldn't consider myself plus sized, since I am not overweight), but I am having a problem finding an affordable online site that sells clothes that aren't all triple 0 in size? And even if they sell my "size", it's not in the shape of my body? Like, it's hard for me to fit into pants that are cut and sewn straight. I need something that fits slightly larger thighs and butt if you know what I mean.

I also want it to be quite trendy and preferably Asian or Asian influenced fashion.

Any ideas?
Literally anywhere? It sounds like you just arent looking much if you think most stores sell for size 0. However while skinny is still popular, straight is the default cut in women's wear, so you just have to go measure yourself and buy it. Slightly larger thighs is not a measurement.

I dont recommend doing this online since you wont know the fit until it gets to you, but thats your choice. And give up on the asian s**t unless you have the asian body.

Anxious Combatant

legnanellaf5

Thank you for your ray of sunshine.
I'm sure I didn't ask for rude opinions.
And by the way, not everyone lives in a giant a** city with enough stores to physically go into.
I have in fact seen "curvy jeans" and other such clothing but they all happen to be $100 or more.
I was simply wondering if anyone knew of sites where they don't cut clothes from stick figures.

PS, not all Asians have a tiny figure.

Timid Heckler

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
legnanellaf5

I'm sorry, who the hell do you think you are? It's pretty obvious she's exaggerating. She said "triple zero" for God's sake--as far as I'm aware, that isn't a real size. I'm sure she's just had a lot of difficulty locally trying to find things to fit her in the style she likes. Maybe instead of insulting people asking for help and making bitchy comments you could try to actually be helpful.

Straight leg is the most popular choice for jeans, yes, but that refers to the pant leg itself, not the fit around the hips and thighs. Most women's clothes are supposed to be cut on a bias to allow for actual hip shape, or they did until the it was in fashion to be a stick figure with no curves whatsoever.

As far as the styling goes, she's allowed to wear whatever the hell she wants whenever the hell she wants and how DARE you try to tell her that she should "give up" on a style because you happen to think she doesn't have the right body for it. Asian women, just like women all over the globe, come in all shapes and sizes and I don't see anyone telling them to "give up" on their local fashion because they're considered misshapen.

tl;dr: ******** you and the horse you rode in on.

Fashionable Noob

Grace McAffey
legnanellaf5

I'm sorry, who the hell do you think you are? It's pretty obvious she's exaggerating. She said "triple zero" for God's sake--as far as I'm aware, that isn't a real size.
It is a size and i assumed she literally mean that also....so almost was about to agree that she was looking in too few stores. By me a bunch of the juniors size stores have become pretty stockpiled with those super tiny sizes and they've starting cutting everything really small too so i could see how someone could feel that way not exaggerating. I'm just staying out of this any further though.
x___PEPSii
legnanellaf5

Thank you for your ray of sunshine.
I'm sure I didn't ask for rude opinions.
And by the way, not everyone lives in a giant a** city with enough stores to physically go into.
I have in fact seen "curvy jeans" and other such clothing but they all happen to be $100 or more.
I was simply wondering if anyone knew of sites where they don't cut clothes from stick figures.

PS, not all Asians have a tiny figure.

Literally anywhere means exactly that, I didnt sy you need to go to a lot of stores, I mean literally any store that sells pants will have what you want. You just have to go and try things on. How you talk I can tell you havent done s**t to actually try here, because women's clothing stores will have what you want.

While not all asians have a tiny figure, they are not going to fit your curvy a**, because they tend to make thins one size fit all for cheap. If you have to ask then you dont know a lot about shopping from asia, and if you cant even go and find things in physical stores to wear, I doubt you are going to put in the work to go find things that fit you from china.
Grace McAffey
legnanellaf5

I'm sorry, who the hell do you think you are? It's pretty obvious she's exaggerating. She said "triple zero" for God's sake--as far as I'm aware, that isn't a real size. I'm sure she's just had a lot of difficulty locally trying to find things to fit her in the style she likes. Maybe instead of insulting people asking for help and making bitchy comments you could try to actually be helpful.

Straight leg is the most popular choice for jeans, yes, but that refers to the pant leg itself, not the fit around the hips and thighs. Most women's clothes are supposed to be cut on a bias to allow for actual hip shape, or they did until the it was in fashion to be a stick figure with no curves whatsoever.

As far as the styling goes, she's allowed to wear whatever the hell she wants whenever the hell she wants and how DARE you try to tell her that she should "give up" on a style because you happen to think she doesn't have the right body for it. Asian women, just like women all over the globe, come in all shapes and sizes and I don't see anyone telling them to "give up" on their local fashion because they're considered misshapen.

tl;dr: ******** you and the horse you rode in on.

So basically this is a big post explaining how you have no clue what you are talking about? Great, much appreciated. Go back to your sandbox and cry there. I am not here to spoon feed info.

Op isnt being helpful here and she is being lazy. Going around asking for vague s**t will get you vague answers. How can you shop online if you have no clue what your size is? What is your measurement is? What is having larger thighs exactly? Op clearly has put no effort into doing this and so Im not going to bend over backwards to someone who cant even do minimal work.

As said, the answer is literally anywhere. If you really think that they cut jeans to fit people who are 'sticks' you are not only insulting people with a valid body type for this but also are just plain wrong. They never had and never will be. If most people in the world are not this body type and THEY find s**t that fits fine, why is she having so much trouble? Because she hasnt actually tried. There are enough styles out there to fit her, and she will do far better actually going out and trying thigns on than online.

As for asian styles, its called reality. It is not me saying she doesnt have the right body, it is the fact of the matter. Asian clothing is meant for their culture and fits differently. While there are sites online that you can go to for better fitting, it is still cut to what they know, which is an asian figure. If op has trouble in western stores, she will not fit most one size fit all pants in aisan stores. I know this because I physically have went and tried this out, and I know that my 35 inch a** wont fit into asian s**t like that. If you want to go look for stuff that gives you more flexibility, that requires more work on your part to go and find these stores and again get your measurements. Which the op isnt even bothering to do.
For asian clothing, I believe yesstyle has a plus-size option.
Without knowing your actual size, I can't really suggest all that much. Hell, no one thinks I'm plus-size, but I am. I'm around a size 12-16, depending on fit and style of the garment.

As for asian styles, WHAT asian styles? There's so damn many. Gyaru? (and with gyaru, then there's all the sub-fashions.) Lolita...???
There's plumprimo, that's also for plus-sized. I think they're gyaru. I don't remember.

But I cannot give you advice without knowing your size (measurements would be preferable), your actual issues with how the clothes, where you're currently trying to shop, etc. Shopping is difficult when you're not a single size all the way down. I know that. Like I said, I'm a size 12 to 16 because my chest tends to be a size 16, but my torso would fit a size 12 better, while my hips would be better with a size 14 to 16.
& I'm shorter than you by 2 inches.
ASOS.
OASAP, depending on the item.
Boohoo.
Forever 21+.

"Asian fashion" is much more varied than that terms makes it out to be, esp seeing as Asia is an entire continent. If you're speaking in terms of fast-fashion trends, then you'll have to merely look through different brands/stores and find items that fit the aesthetic.

Timid Heckler

7,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
legnanellaf5

Who's crying, exactly? I haven't shed a tear. And for you to assume I don't know what I'm talking about just because I'm not trying to be an a** is really arrogant and rude.

OP wasn't asking to be spoon-fed, and it's not exactly her job to be helpful when she's the one asking for help. I'm sure if you'd asked her about measurements or size requirements, in a polite and reasonable way, she would have been happy to tell you. She was asking a vague question because she came here for help before she attempted to go into the matter blind, not because she wasn't willing to do work for herself.

Some people have hard figures to shop for. I, personally, have a small bust and a wide waist. It's hard to find shirts that aren't balloons on the top that will also fit my waist. I also have wide thighs and short legs. Wide thighs and a wide waist mean bigger sizes, but bigger sizes come with longer pant legs, and it's rare to find styles that I think look flattering in the petite plus size ranges. Just because you go to a store (or several stores, or every store) and try things on doesn't mean you're going to find something that fits, or find something that fits and is also fashionable. And after a lot of trips like that, a lot of days being made to feel fat and frumpy, you start to get a little discouraged.

(And if you dare start talking about weight here and how it's my own fault I don't fit in the clothes I find fashionable, I will literally scream because don't you think I know that and am working on my health? I want to look cute in the meantime.)

You do happen to be right that I wasn't thinking about the people who are small enough to fit into the clothes they're selling right now, and I do apologize. I certainly know what it's like to be made fun of for my body, and they don't deserve to be called names for something that they might have no control over. But right now they're the people with the most options while the plus-size market is suffering from bad design efforts from people who don't care because they think women with meat on their bones are worse than disgusting. I'm allowed to be unhappy with the current market, and I'm not wrong that it's directed at people skinnier than me.

Do you really think you're helping anyone by being belligerent and mean? By telling her to "give up" on a fashion style she likes? You're not helping anyone there. You're just turning someone else from a world they could love by telling them they don't belong.
Grace McAffey
legnanellaf5

Who's crying, exactly? I haven't shed a tear. And for you to assume I don't know what I'm talking about just because I'm not trying to be an a** is really arrogant and rude.

OP wasn't asking to be spoon-fed, and it's not exactly her job to be helpful when she's the one asking for help. I'm sure if you'd asked her about measurements or size requirements, in a polite and reasonable way, she would have been happy to tell you. She was asking a vague question because she came here for help before she attempted to go into the matter blind, not because she wasn't willing to do work for herself.

Some people have hard figures to shop for. I, personally, have a small bust and a wide waist. It's hard to find shirts that aren't balloons on the top that will also fit my waist. I also have wide thighs and short legs. Wide thighs and a wide waist mean bigger sizes, but bigger sizes come with longer pant legs, and it's rare to find styles that I think look flattering in the petite plus size ranges. Just because you go to a store (or several stores, or every store) and try things on doesn't mean you're going to find something that fits, or find something that fits and is also fashionable. And after a lot of trips like that, a lot of days being made to feel fat and frumpy, you start to get a little discouraged.

(And if you dare start talking about weight here and how it's my own fault I don't fit in the clothes I find fashionable, I will literally scream because don't you think I know that and am working on my health? I want to look cute in the meantime.)

You do happen to be right that I wasn't thinking about the people who are small enough to fit into the clothes they're selling right now, and I do apologize. I certainly know what it's like to be made fun of for my body, and they don't deserve to be called names for something that they might have no control over. But right now they're the people with the most options while the plus-size market is suffering from bad design efforts from people who don't care because they think women with meat on their bones are worse than disgusting. I'm allowed to be unhappy with the current market, and I'm not wrong that it's directed at people skinnier than me.

Do you really think you're helping anyone by being belligerent and mean? By telling her to "give up" on a fashion style she likes? You're not helping anyone there. You're just turning someone else from a world they could love by telling them they don't belong.

Why are you making this about you? Holy ********. You arent even the op, its one thing to say Im rude, enough to start making this a personal thing because you cant handle someone telling you off. I dont care if you are fat or not, it isnt about your weight issues it isnt about your troubles. It is about the op. You arent helping anyone by derailing it with your melodrama.

I didnt say to give on a style, I said to give up on looking at asian stores for clothing that will fit her when the op already highlighted a big issue that will make it hard, being her butt and thighs. You can recreate a style without directly buying from the source, duh. It isnt like you buy your clothes from the runway, you buy it from a store that took the style from a collection that was done months ago and then trickled down to the mainstream stores. If you have no concept of what fashion is, dont give your input into how it works. It doesnt create any stimulating discussion. So gtfo with your stupid s**t already.
If you are buying online, you are definitely going to need to measure yourself. Buy a measuring tape, and there are plenty of online "how to" guides if you have never measured yourself before.

I've got larger hips and butt compared to my body, as well. So, I end up wearing a lot of skirts. I've found Express jeans fit me well (and they offer short sizes, as well) but they are pretty pricey, so I wait for sales.

I don't really know any Asian stores, but Charlotte Russe and Forever 21 both sell a lot of cheap, trendy, basics. They offer free shipping for certain amounts, as well. I find clothes on Amazon as well sometimes, but I wouldn't buy anything without reviews.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff