Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
So lately it's been colder than a snowman's a** where I live. Like we're talking -25, and then like -36 to -40 with the wind chill. Now I know there are a lot of area's that are even colder. But still. This morning I made the decision to invest in a pair of proper winter boots, as I don't own any. All I own right now are s**t-tastic fake uggs from target.....aka fuggs, and a pair of now very salt stained, not made for cold weather moccasins. I came to this conclusion after I completely lost feeling in my feet, which is no fun by any means.

I wandered about the mall for a fair bit of time, mostly in search of a pair of Sorels, which I found. But not the colour I wanted. I'm looking for the beige ones, and all they had left was a pair of black ones, that had been returned earlier that morning. I was also on a mad search of the Ugg Australia Adirondack ll boots. Couldn't find them anywhere.

I checked out the online site for Sorels and also read the reviews on the boots I was looking at getting, they are about 180$, but all the reviews had said the lining ripped really fast. Plus my sister had said hers cracked. (She can't return them as the warranty is up). I also checked out the Ugg Australia online site, so this way I could compare the boots. My cousin has these, and has had them for three years now, says she wouldn't trade them for anything else. A lot of the reviews said that the Adirondack boots were amazing. Those are 285$. I still need to find them so I can try them on, but I think I'm gonna spend the extra 100 or so dollars and go for the Ugg ones.

What are your opinions on all the cold winter boots out there?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I had always heard good things about Sorel, so I dunno. That's what I was going to recommend. And they're cute, which is a total plus.

But the Ugg winter style boots are cute too.

There's also L.L. Bean, bean boots. They're supposed to be super warm. Also cute. xd

I was going to buy some cute, warm snow boots this winter and did a bunch of research. But then didn't buy boots. sad

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Shark Bacon
I had always heard good things about Sorel, so I dunno. That's what I was going to recommend. And they're cute, which is a total plus.

There's also L.L. Bean, bean boots. They're supposed to be super warm. Also cute. xd

I was going to buy some cute, warm snow boots this winter and did a bunch of research. But then didn't buy boots. sad

That's what I was originally going for were sorels, but then all the reviews said they didn't last very long.

I don't have an L.L Bean where I live. And its been a giant pain in the a** trying to find the UGG's that I want. These are the boot's I plan on getting. They're pretty up there in price, but people have said they last for years.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Shark Bacon

That's what I was originally going for were sorels, but then all the reviews said they didn't last very long.

I don't have an L.L Bean where I live. And its been a giant pain in the a** trying to find the UGG's that I want. These are the boot's I plan on getting. They're pretty up there in price, but people have said they last for years.

Those look pretty warm and sturdy. I like them. I know you want to look for lining like thinsulate, to stay warm.

I found a review on Amazon last night after posting here that was a guy complaining about his Sorel boots cracking, and he said that years ago, it wasn't a problem. Only recently, the cracking boots thing has been a problem because Columbia bought out Sorel. I don't know if that's true or not, but it made sense. So, there's that information.

Dapper Noob

I was gifted a pair of black ankle boots from my mother;
Fur around the top - nice grip.

I was the crazy idiot who could go out in -40 with sneakers on because I would just wear layers of socks with wool socks ontop of it.
Only time I put on winter boots was when it was blizzarding out.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Shark Bacon
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Shark Bacon

Those look pretty warm and sturdy. I like them. I know you want to look for lining like thinsulate, to stay warm.

I found a review on Amazon last night after posting here that was a guy complaining about his Sorel boots cracking, and he said that years ago, it wasn't a problem. Only recently, the cracking boots thing has been a problem because Columbia bought out Sorel. I don't know if that's true or not, but it made sense. So, there's that information.

I just emailed the UGG Australia company asking about their sizes, and if they would be re-stocking them any time soon. The size I most likely need is back ordered. Any pretty much every store I walked into today, was either sold out completely, didn't have the size I needed, or just didn't carry them.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Over here in Australia, uggs are the easiest things to find in winter. Only not now since its Summer.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Toxilicks
Over here in Australia, uggs are the easiest things to find in winter. Only not now since its Summer.

I've looked just about everywhere here. I even checked some of the online stores, but nothing. Sold out pretty much everywhere I've checked. One girl told me to get them at the beginning of the season, because they sell out so quick.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Toxilicks

I've looked just about everywhere here. I even checked some of the online stores, but nothing. Sold out pretty much everywhere I've checked. One girl told me to get them at the beginning of the season, because they sell out so quick.

Uggs being sold out is so...I understand it's a pain for you, but the idea of those things being sold out is so weird to me.

If your luck doesn't improve, you could try looking around early Autumn months for Australia (March-April.) It might be too warm by then, but you could just store them away for next winter.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Toxilicks
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Toxilicks

Uggs being sold out is so...I understand it's a pain for you, but the idea of those things being sold out is so weird to me.

If your luck doesn't improve, you could try looking around early Autumn months for Australia (March-April.) It might be too warm by then, but you could just store them away for next winter.

That's what I might do, or wait till the off season to buy them, and try to tough out the rest of the winter. It's the first time I've ever heard of them being sold out, mind you it's also the first time I've heard about the Adirondack boots. I emailed them last night to see if they would be re-stocking the any of the sizes. So now I'm just waiting to hear back.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Toxilicks
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Toxilicks

That's what I might do, or wait till the off season to buy them, and try to tough out the rest of the winter. It's the first time I've ever heard of them being sold out, mind you it's also the first time I've heard about the Adirondack boots. I emailed them last night to see if they would be re-stocking the any of the sizes. So now I'm just waiting to hear back.

Ooh I just googled Aridonack. I'm curious what store you could get those at, because I'm not sure where I might see them. I want to say Myer, but that might be overstepping it. Still, for an Ugg boot, they look okay. Kind of like a winter adventurer's boot from the first picture.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Toxilicks
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Toxilicks
Fallen-Pottery-Angel
Toxilicks

Ooh I just googled Aridonack. I'm curious what store you could get those at, because I'm not sure where I might see them. I want to say Myer, but that might be overstepping it. Still, for an Ugg boot, they look okay. Kind of like a winter adventurer's boot from the first picture.

I checked at least 6 different stores and their online counter parts. Nothing. Everywhere was either sold out completely, or only had like sizes 5 and 6 left, neither of which will fit me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff