Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rogue

Rose Milk
I ordered a shrug from this Etsy seller and I'm in love with it! It's so perfect and good quality too. It arrived a week from ordering (international) and communication with the seller was excellent.

Please check out her work!

This is the shrug I ordered.

I live in a very hot and humid place so the material is perfect for keeping me cool. 3nodding

These look excellent for a Raven cosplay (Teen Titans / DC Comics) :3 Or something close.

Rogue

Juliannna
I need this so badly it hurts crying

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can it please please please be October so I can find s**t like this 10x more easily?
Have you tried thrift shops? :O Seasonal stuff like that usually end up there. If we ever hit the gym we could browse Goodwill.

Eloquent Vampire

The Pendulum scarf is finished! What a pain in the a** that last black stripe was, it took FOREVER. I'm blocking it right now to get some of the curl out of the bottom, but the nice thing about garter stitch is it doesn't really need blocking since it doesn't curl much at all. That black wedge on the bottom goes against your neck.

I'm really pleased with it. It's HUGE, so I can't get the full length of it in one shot. I can't wait for it to be dry so I can wear it!

User Image

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Jagger-Wolf
The Pendulum scarf is finished! What a pain in the a** that last black stripe was, it took FOREVER. I'm blocking it right now to get some of the curl out of the bottom, but the nice thing about garter stitch is it doesn't really need blocking since it doesn't curl much at all. That black wedge on the bottom goes against your neck.

I'm really pleased with it. It's HUGE, so I can't get the full length of it in one shot. I can't wait for it to be dry so I can wear it!

User Image

Sweeeet.

Eloquent Vampire

Silent Lotus
Jagger-Wolf

User Image

Sweeeet.
Like even the back side, the wrong side, of this looks pretty cool. You can see the joining row between each color and it makes a neat mini-stripe effect that I like as well. The grey and black compliment each other really well here, the grey color is called Robot. ^_^

Eloquent Vampire

I just realized I've been blocking my Pendulum the wrong way. SO IGNORE THE OTHER PICTURE. This is what it's supposed to look like. Derp.

User Image
User Image

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Jagger-Wolf
I just realized I've been blocking my Pendulum the wrong way. SO IGNORE THE OTHER PICTURE. This is what it's supposed to look like. Derp.

User Image
User Image

Ohnoes, blocking errors! Good thing you caught it.

Eloquent Vampire

Sort of goth related, so I think you guys can help me out.

I'm going to a friends birthday party tomorrow, and I'm essentially wearing the same outfit I wore to my cousin's wedding last September (see below). Been looking for an excuse to wear this dress again, too bad I don't have pictures of the back. I'm sort of undecided on what to do with hair, maybe just leave it as I always do, and lipstick choice. I'm trying to keep with a black and white theme, so I'm undecided if I should wear nude lipstick or black.

Remember that I've lost at least 15 pounds since these were taken (hell, in the last 2-3 months, really), so I'll look better this time around.

User Image
User Image

Rogue

Jagger-Wolf
Sort of goth related, so I think you guys can help me out.

I'm going to a friends birthday party tomorrow, and I'm essentially wearing the same outfit I wore to my cousin's wedding last September (see below). Been looking for an excuse to wear this dress again, too bad I don't have pictures of the back. I'm sort of undecided on what to do with hair, maybe just leave it as I always do, and lipstick choice. I'm trying to keep with a black and white theme, so I'm undecided if I should wear nude lipstick or black.

Remember that I've lost at least 15 pounds since these were taken (hell, in the last 2-3 months, really), so I'll look better this time around.

User Image
User Image

I think some dark lipstick would work well with this. Though I would go light, as your face is super pretty and going overboard might overdue it. Maybe don't go solid black, just something darker, like a darker flesh tone, to make your lips stand out a little?

Rogue

So my husband wants to go to the ren fair again this year, and once again can't decide on what to wear. I lack some of the traditional time period clothing (I have some handmade stuff I sewed together when in highschool, but that's about it.) I sorta want to wear my chainmail top my husband made with something over it (like a tank), because walking around in that thing alone will flat out make me feel uncomfortable (creepers ya know). I've got my black blouse and an old lace up top (my first corset I sewed together in 11th grade) that I tried over them. Looking to get suggestions on whether this works or not. The colors are super BRIGHT because I was into some of that back then, but I figure that's alright because this ren fair isn't time accurate anyway (I mean there are booths that sell steam punk s**t! wtf...) So tell me, does this look awkward? Or can I make this work? I have a skirt and boots I plan to wear with this too. Nothing special. 2-3 hours of my life, figure I'd rather have fun going this year, ya know?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rogue

Ever had a moment when you find a piece of clothing, and you think for a moment, "gosh, that's kinda ugly". Then after a moment or two you look at it again and begin to sorta like it? Happened to me with this shirt. I'm probably not gonna get it, but part of me secretly wants too. My husband isn't a fan sadly. lol ;w; Found this top at Goodwill today, right before they closed.

User Image

I think this would work okay with my shorter black skirt (tucked in) and a basic tank under it (because it's sheer). Or do you guys find it just as ugly. I seriously think this top works in the right context. Plus, CATS! ;w;

Spooky Specter

12,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
Redwing Rogue
Ever had a moment when you find a piece of clothing, and you think for a moment, "gosh, that's kinda ugly". Then after a moment or two you look at it again and begin to sorta like it? Happened to me with this shirt. I'm probably not gonna get it, but part of me secretly wants too. My husband isn't a fan sadly. lol ;w; Found this top at Goodwill today, right before they closed.

User Image

I think this would work okay with my shorter black skirt (tucked in) and a basic tank under it (because it's sheer). Or do you guys find it just as ugly. I seriously think this top works in the right context. Plus, CATS! ;w;
I think that could work. Maybe with a pair of knee-high socks. :33

Rogue

Went on the last day of the ren fair, and decided not to wear my corset top and blouse because it was well over 90 degrees out. (Which is too hot for me).

I did wear my chainmaille bikini top under a loose fit tank so people could see I had it on under (without feeling skanky), and I got quite a few compliments. Wasn't time period appropriate, but at this fair there are a lot of vendors that sell similar chainmaille stuff that are jewelry and accessories, so it caught their attention. Overall it was a good day, spent it with friends and it was one of my friend's birthday today, so she got to go to the fair for the first time. Jousting was amazing as usual, and surprisingly I left the fair without spending any money from vendors. Not sure how that happened. But I can't complain. sweatdrop

Sadly no pics, didn't think about it and it was too difficult to get pics with so many people at the joust, so maybe next time.

Unbeatable Vampire

18,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Redwing Rogue
Have you tried thrift shops? :O Seasonal stuff like that usually end up there. If we ever hit the gym we could browse Goodwill.

Their area might do like mine does; the thrift stores here only put out the good stuff (spooky items) in late August or during September. I wish it were Halloween already....I want to go shopping now!

Rogue

The Real Ryu Hi
Redwing Rogue

Their area might do like mine does; the thrift stores here only put out the good stuff (spooky items) in late August or during September. I wish it were Halloween already....I want to go shopping now!
I know some places, at least some around where I'm at, they are putting Autumn stuff out on the shelves. Mostly decor though, and very little at that. It will show up sooner than later though. Places tend to put stuff out early these days, so they can sell stuff at full price, convincing people stuff will be sold out early. Worked every time at my old job. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff