Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Vampire

gas station bathroom
>.>
<.<

I want snake bites, corner of my lips (I forgot the name of those), and angel bites. I just like the visual ideal of this:
.___.
..__.
..._.

I don't just want one of those pairs alone and idc if it's "overkill". I hope it doesn't turn me scene /)(.
User Image

You mean Dahlia's? These? Old picture is old, but these are mine, had them almost two years now.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This was the day after I got them done, you can see the swelling already getting bad. I was swollen for 2 weeks! I was licking my lips like the Joker for the longest time. Gross. sweatdrop

It could be overkill, but looking at this picture and trying to imagine it on myself, at least, it could be really cool. The only way to know is to get it! I suggest Dahlia's last, because the swelling on those was BAD, and I never swell.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yes, dahlias. I was thinking they were called that or glasgows.

Eloquent Vampire

gas station bathroom
Yes, dahlias. I was thinking they were called that or glasgows.
User Image

I've heard them called Dahlia's, Joker's or Chelsea Smile. Never heard Glasgow's before.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Up till just now, I've never even heard of angel bites. I guess even the most tired theme gets a variation or three these days.

Eloquent Vampire

GaijinGuy36
Up till just now, I've never even heard of angel bites. I guess even the most tired theme gets a variation or three these days.
User Image

Angel bites are just snakebites for the top lip. In my experience, it's really hard to not get the whole "metal mustache". The best way is to wear tiny jewelry, huge beads are not okay.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Jagger-Wolf
GaijinGuy36
User Image

Angel bites are just snakebites for the top lip. In my experience, it's really hard to not get the whole "metal mustache". The best way is to wear tiny jewelry, huge beads are not okay.

Wouldn't that be called a metalstache? xd

Eloquent Vampire

GaijinGuy36
Jagger-Wolf
GaijinGuy36
User Image

Wouldn't that be called a metalstache? xd
User Image

This is true. Haha!

This is when angel bites are done badly:

This is when angel bites are done right:

It was really hard to find pictures that weren't of scene kids or emo kids.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yeah, piercings on the top lip need studs. They just don't look right with rings. Actually, I don't really like rings on the lips except labrets, and only if they're like captive hoops or something.

Eloquent Vampire

gas station bathroom
Yeah, piercings on the top lip need studs. They just don't look right with rings. Actually, I don't really like rings on the lips except labrets, and only if they're like captive hoops or something.
User Image

I'm hoping to get fitted for a CBR or seamless ring for my labret here shortly. Do NOT want to go to the piercing shop here in town, because that guy's an a*****e. The only other places to get it done would Salt Lake, and that's a good 2 hour drive away. The other places, in Layton and Ogden, which are about 40 minutes away, have NO piercers at all. Of the 6 tattoo-piercing places I found, 4 had no piercers at all, and the other two don't do piercings. What the ********?

So I'll just wait until I go back to Seattle at the end of April, go see MY piercers up there, and get it done right. And will also be getting my leopard spots filled in with color. ^_^
GaijinGuy36
Archaic Legends
I'll jump on the bandwagon of people finished with lurking...
I'm Lena. I love gothic rock and industrial, and I fit best into a really low budget, low neon cybergoth.. mold thing. I'm not sure how to describe it. But I love this thread and I can kill hours going through all the posts.

And a big welcome to you too, Lena! There's a lot you can do with Goth that's low-budget, if you know your way around second-hand stores. You can find good gear by total surprise, and a ton cheaper than Hot Topic used to sell it for. back before they turned into the official 'Oh, THIS movie's cool now! yeah, we got their merch!' store. Such a joke. I can get CD's I like for cheaper at The Exclusive Company, and that's actually in walking distance for me. mrgreen

Thanks biggrin I remember hearing about how Hot Topic used to be awesome but I only got into goth in general in late '09, so I missed it. I get most of my stuff from thrift stores or I make/modify it. I don't buy CD's too much because I tend to drop the players and break them, I've gone through about 5 or 6 since last year >.< I buy music on iTunes or other sites a lot though.
gas station bathroom

User Image
Mallgoth/poser/spooky kid. Baggy bondage pants, hard rock band shirts and mostly looking like a fool. No one but young teens like this so just don't do it, okay?

Ok, I take great offense to this. You are being bias. Just because you don't like a certain style doesn't mean its stupid. If you're gonna make a goth thread, DON'T HATE!

Ya know, some people like this style just because they like it. It's comfortable, it's fun, and it's just as legit a style as any other goth style. It's so childish that you make this thread for 'GOTH' and bash 'mall goth'. Really, grow up. talk2hand

Eloquent Vampire

lux_rayne13
gas station bathroom

User Image
Mallgoth/poser/spooky kid. Baggy bondage pants, hard rock band shirts and mostly looking like a fool. No one but young teens like this so just don't do it, okay?

Ok, I take great offense to this. You are being bias. Just because you don't like a certain style doesn't mean its stupid. If you're gonna make a goth thread, DON'T HATE!

Ya know, some people like this style just because they like it. It's comfortable, it's fun, and it's just as legit a style as any other goth style. It's so childish that you make this thread for 'GOTH' and bash 'mall goth'. Really, grow up. talk2hand
User Image

This is the exact reason we don't like Mall Goth. If you can walk into one place and it's like a "goth superstore", that's not what goth is about.

That's a prime example of what goth is NOT. It's just not, sorry that offends you. It's for younger kids who THINK they're rebelling, unique, dark and different. When in actuality, I looked like that in the mid-90's, back when Hot Topic was relevant and could have been considered goth. It hasn't been that way in a good ten years, maybe more. And back before I knew what real goth was. Looking like a poster child for Hot Topic is not goth.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
lux_rayne13
gas station bathroom

[hula hoop goth]

If you like it, then wear it. No one's forcing a gun to your head and saying "dress like this and you die".

Fashionable Shapeshifter

I have tea with my demons,
Champagne with the scarier things.
There's something down there screaming,
There's something down there that sings.
I live in a house full of madness,
But it's got room for me too.

My nature demands that I make one 'mommy says fight nice' post before letting this discussion continue.

While it is true that 'mall goth' isn't really considered a legitimate member of the gothy fashion family beyond the age of about sixteen(in some parts of the world I think you can push it to eighteen, but I don't have proof of this), it is also true that some people just like to dress this way, and it is also also true that some goths went through a period of mall-goth over-zealousness in their early teen years. My own affair with mg was very brief, only about 8 months long, but occurred in my mid-late teens. I still have a few items I picked up during that time. I've found I can modify them and work them into outfits I have now.

I look at MG as a part of growing into goth. It can be a fashion style unto itself for some people but for many it is simply a part of the learning phase. It is the place many of us were when we were awkward teenagers, and it's kind of rare for a grown up goth to look back on their awkward teen years fondly. It actually makes a lot of sense that a lot of older goths have adverse reactions to MG: It reminds us of the way we felt during a less-than-awesome time in life. It looks to us like a low-effort, low-dedication look because many of us were like that when we discovered it; we were young kids looking for an easy way into something.

What goths who have moved on from mall-goth to other styles need to remember, and what mall-goths themselves need to try to understand that we forget sometimes, is that MG was a valuable learning experience for us even though it didn't stay with us.

As for goths who never went through an MG period? I'm not entirely sure I've ever met one, but I'm sure they exist. I'd be interested to hear their opinion on the matter.

Edited for typo-cleanups. Because I can NOT type before coffee.

I know all of my monsters,
By name.
Do you?

-Song: A. Lonsdale, Wednesday's Child

18,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
On the mall goth thing; what Lotus said.
Me I still wear the mall goth look because it is comfey, budget constraints, and in the sewing department I am just begining to learn. I would also like to say I don't look like that photo, as a friend once called me I am more Hot Topic sheik.
Ignore the typos please.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces