Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Black Fire Queen
Haha lol Good one Gai. I think everyone is busy with either work or classes. I know I whont be posting much because I have like 10 million essays to write for my classes. At some point I will get around to posting my halloween job pictures of me in my work costume but as mention very busy.

Looking forward to seeing those! mrgreen

18,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Gai: Should have enough time to post them this weekend. (cross fingers) smile
*has lurked around in this thread a long time ago...too lazy to backread hundreds of pages xd *

Has anyone here ever been to wave gotik treffen? I'm looking to maybe go this year...been researching it all morning. But I'm looking to see if anyone here knows if it's really expensive from personal experience. Also I'd like to know if it's extremely hard to get around speaking little to no German. 3nodding
I would love to go to Wave Gotik Treffen. I've been drooling over it for 6 years or so, but have never been able to go. I doubt I can go this year either.
Depending on how many days you go, the price varies obviously. But it won't be cheap. You have to count traveling costs, hotel/camping costs and entrance fee and of course the shopping area :B
Germans usually know decent English, and there's plenty of tourists around, so there's bound to be someone who speaks English around c:
Bloodstained-Snow
I would love to go to Wave Gotik Treffen. I've been drooling over it for 6 years or so, but have never been able to go. I doubt I can go this year either.
Depending on how many days you go, the price varies obviously. But it won't be cheap. You have to count traveling costs, hotel/camping costs and entrance fee and of course the shopping area :B
Germans usually know decent English, and there's plenty of tourists around, so there's bound to be someone who speaks English around c:

I'm not terribly worried about the cost...unless it's going to rape my bank account. It's mostly the not knowing where I am or how things work in Germany that worries me (like different currency and language difference). I've never been outside the US.

Do you have to pay for each day, or can you buy a ticket for all four days? Because that was the impression I was under (just paying for all four days).

From what I understand from my research this morning, it's about $75 for a ticket. However, it didn't say if that was for one day or the entire thing. confused

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

I'm an EmoGoth...
Nothing wrong with thatUser Image

[Me]

User Image

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩
Barbaric Bludgeonings

I'm not terribly worried about the cost...unless it's going to rape my bank account. It's mostly the not knowing where I am or how things work in Germany that worries me (like different currency and language difference). I've never been outside the US.

Do you have to pay for each day, or can you buy a ticket for all four days? Because that was the impression I was under (just paying for all four days).

From what I understand from my research this morning, it's about $75 for a ticket. However, it didn't say if that was for one day or the entire thing. confused

Yeah, I think you can get a combo ticket. I think there's several kinds. If you're worried about the currency, bring a calculator and keep an eye on the exchange rate (he euro/dollar tends to shift alot).
I think $75 is for two days or so. The ticket information doesn't seem to be on the site tho. $75 might actually be for one day. They have a lot of bands, and for some reasons Saturdays are always more expensive than other days. Probably because it's busiest.
But I'd make sure you have plenty of money. Germany isn't that scary tho!
Bloodstained-Snow
Barbaric Bludgeonings

Yeah, I think you can get a combo ticket. I think there's several kinds. If you're worried about the currency, bring a calculator and keep an eye on the exchange rate (he euro/dollar tends to shift alot).
I think $75 is for two days or so. The ticket information doesn't seem to be on the site tho. $75 might actually be for one day. They have a lot of bands, and for some reasons Saturdays are always more expensive than other days. Probably because it's busiest.
But I'd make sure you have plenty of money. Germany isn't that scary tho!

I went to the official website, and also was using this one: http://www.americansinleipzig.com/

So excluding food, I estimated my trip to be about $3000 (rounding up). That's including plane tickets, hotel nonsense, and whatever else I may need, for five days. Now I just need to figure out how much the tickets themselves are.
If you're spending 3000 dollar on the trip alone, does it really matter how expensive the tickets are? xDDD
I wish I could remember how much the tickets were. There's no info on the official site tho?
it says it will be updated later, just like the bands and stuff so I guess you'd have to wait.
Bloodstained-Snow
If you're spending 3000 dollar on the trip alone, does it really matter how expensive the tickets are? xDDD
I wish I could remember how much the tickets were. There's no info on the official site tho?
it says it will be updated later, just like the bands and stuff so I guess you'd have to wait.

I guess not xd

Well. I'm totally willing to shell out a couple grand to go. I'm excited.
That's cool c: Im going to London in february, and I think two holidays in a year is a bit much xD Also, I have no one that would want to come with me xD
You have to post pictures if you go (and if you take any of course). There's always the most amazing creations there.
If I do end up going, I'm going to take sooo many pictures it won't even be funny. So many pretty things to look at heart

Tricky Powerhouse

11,900 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
I wear tripp pants and I feel offended sorta by what you said about them. neutral

Dangerous Wolf

Roxore - - Keep in mind that most of this thread, and I'm sorry if this is wrong
darlings, is consisted of the female persuasion, and we have a different way of looking at things.
Everyone has different preferences, so..

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Roxore
I wear tripp pants and I feel offended sorta by what you said about them. neutral

Here, fill this out.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas