Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Skagen Blue
Elysion Pedion
But it IS a true goth fashion, and if you're going to have an "official" goth thread it SHOULD be included,

Lol I like how you insist.... should rolleyes No thx. This is Gas Stations's thread so she can dictate what she thinks should be included. So what that Gothic Lolita isn't included? No need for the butthurt and move on.

Besides, continuing to bother her to include something she won't, whether you think is valid or not, can be considered spam.

we're here to talk about gothic fashion no? egl is a gothic fashion. if this is supposed to be an "official" goth thread then it should be in here. if its "gas station bathrooms personal views on goth" thread then it should be titled such. I am not spamming , I am stating a valid point.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

Eloquent Vampire

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.She laughed a wicked laugh and said...

I agree that Gothic Lolita shouldn't be given much credit in this thread. Since there is already an official thread dedicated specifically to it, it would just be redundant to include it in detail here. Now, if Gas Station Bathroom were to include a picture, a brief explanation, and a link to that official thread, I could see that as making everyone happy. Am I wrong?
"Come here, let me clip your wings"User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Khymaera
Elysion Pedion
gas station bathroom
Elysion Pedion
]

I think thats rude. i don't see how that has to do with anything, it is STILL a gothic fashion, and regardless of it being started in Japan, it is making its way and becoming Prominent in American fashion. Plus not everyone on this site happen to be western you know.
Last I knew this was the "official" GOTH thread. not the "official" WESTERN GOTH thread.
Also, if you can have Victorian Goth, you can have Elegant Gothic Lolita, since EGL also has ties with Elegant Gothic Aristocrat... which just so happens to be VICTORIAN GOTH.

Please get your facts straight before you make an "official" thread.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

Gothic lolita may be a bit gothy, it is not a true goth fashion. EGA does not equal Victorian goth. Yes, they have the same "base" but they are not the same.

I did not put the title as 'the western goth thread' because if you had read the first post, it would of been obvious that I meant fashion related to the music scene.

And you think I'm rude? I find coming into a thread, not completely reading the first post, and breaking the very first rule pretty goddamn rude.

I'm going to give you another chance before I put you on the black list, only because I know you'll either A) run away or B) make me lol to death with some bullshit filled reply.

I'm sorry you guys feel that way. But it IS a true goth fashion, and if you're going to have an "official" goth thread it SHOULD be included, regardless if gothic lolita has its own thread. I'm sure some of these types of goth could EASILY have their own thread, but you're not leaving them out. I'm sorry your wrong.

Yes you are rude, I kindly pointed something out, and then you were rude, so I said what I felt. Sorry i'm honest and you took it the wrong way. Oh and put me on the black list, see where that gets you.

edit: i DID read the first post, and I just re read it. I find it EXCEEDINGLY rude that you're calling me an asshat for pointing out something that is true, and find that is flaming and hurtful

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart
Are we still doing this?

I find it annoying curious that you like to condemn every dissenting opinion thrown your way as "rude", considering some of the forums that you frequent. rolleyes

It's been made crystal-clear that this thread focuses on the western spectrum of the Goth aesthetic, so to continue pushing a half-dead argument offers irrefutable truth to your self-righteous asshatery. Ultimately, the only "credibility" (read: loosely-termed) that your argument offers is a focus on the generalization of the title thread, which can be changed at whim. Stop showcasing your proverbial neurosis. It's embarrassing.

Edit: I kindly suggest that you pick up the shattered pieces of your dignity, take a bow and leave. I'm without idea as to what you could possibly be gaining from this because the thread isn't going to change for you.

Gothic Lolita is proudly worn everywhere, including the west. therefore I dont understand how it can't be considered western.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

Eloquent Vampire

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.She laughed a wicked laugh and said...

This has nothing to do with eastern versus western goth. There are no official goth threads other than the Lolita one. So, Gas Station Bathroom took the liberty of making one. Why include details on something that already has an official thread?

None of the listed kinds of goth has a thread that has gone into detail, Lolita DOES. As I said, listing it here would be redundant, but I think GSB can link to it here, thus bringing more attention and bumping to the thread, which we all like. ^_^
"Come here, let me clip your wings"User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Elysion Pedion
Khymaera
Elysion Pedion
gas station bathroom
Elysion Pedion
]

I think thats rude. i don't see how that has to do with anything, it is STILL a gothic fashion, and regardless of it being started in Japan, it is making its way and becoming Prominent in American fashion. Plus not everyone on this site happen to be western you know.
Last I knew this was the "official" GOTH thread. not the "official" WESTERN GOTH thread.
Also, if you can have Victorian Goth, you can have Elegant Gothic Lolita, since EGL also has ties with Elegant Gothic Aristocrat... which just so happens to be VICTORIAN GOTH.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

Gothic lolita may be a bit gothy, it is not a true goth fashion. EGA does not equal Victorian goth. Yes, they have the same "base" but they are not the same.

I did not put the title as 'the western goth thread' because if you had read the first post, it would of been obvious that I meant fashion related to the music scene.

And you think I'm rude? I find coming into a thread, not completely reading the first post, and breaking the very first rule pretty goddamn rude.

I'm going to give you another chance before I put you on the black list, only because I know you'll either A) run away or B) make me lol to death with some bullshit filled reply.

I'm sorry you guys feel that way. But it IS a true goth fashion, and if you're going to have an "official" goth thread it SHOULD be included, regardless if gothic lolita has its own thread. I'm sure some of these types of goth could EASILY have their own thread, but you're not leaving them out. I'm sorry your wrong.

Yes you are rude, I kindly pointed something out, and then you were rude, so I said what I felt. Sorry i'm honest and you took it the wrong way. Oh and put me on the black list, see where that gets you.

edit: i DID read the first post, and I just re read it. I find it EXCEEDINGLY rude that you're calling me an asshat for pointing out something that is true, and find that is flaming and hurtful

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart
Are we still doing this?

I find it annoying curious that you like to condemn every dissenting opinion thrown your way as "rude", considering some of the forums that you frequent. rolleyes

It's been made crystal-clear that this thread focuses on the western spectrum of the Goth aesthetic, so to continue pushing a half-dead argument offers irrefutable truth to your self-righteous asshatery. Ultimately, the only "credibility" (read: loosely-termed) that your argument offers is a focus on the generalization of the title thread, which can be changed at whim. Stop showcasing your proverbial neurosis. It's embarrassing.

Edit: I kindly suggest that you pick up the shattered pieces of your dignity, take a bow and leave. I'm without idea as to what you could possibly be gaining from this because the thread isn't going to change for you.

Gothic Lolita is proudly worn everywhere, including the west. therefore I dont understand how it can't be considered western.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

It's not about where it's worn, but the geographic origin of the subculture. If we were to analogize your argument, we could very well say that the Palestinian Keffiyeh is western, because it's worn in the west.

Uh, it clearly isn't?

Gothic Lolita clearly derives its inspiration from Baroque, Rocco, Victorian and Elizabethan influences, but Japan pioneered its resurgence and branded it Lolita, which invalidates the purity of its Western origin because we're referring to "Gothic Lolita", not Victorian fashion.

@Jagger-Wolf: Thank you. I made that point already but it seemed to soar right over somebody's inflated ego.

Girl-Crazy Werewolf

5,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I have added a clarification to the first post. I am shocked that I had to do so. What you are doing is considered harassment. Please leave.
gas station bathroom
I have added a clarification to the first post. I am shocked that I had to do so. What you are doing is considered harassment. Please leave.
Class dismissed.

Eloquent Vampire

@GSB: How about these pictures for the new Victorian Goth image?

This one

This one is kinda tiny...

Here's a silly little "reference" site for goth fashions ^_^;

This one's pretty, even though it's a mannequin

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Khymaera
Elysion Pedion
Khymaera
Elysion Pedion
gas station bathroom
Elysion Pedion
]

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart
Are we still doing this?

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

It's not about where it's worn, but the geographic origin of the subculture. If we were to analogize your argument, we could very well say that the Palestinian Keffiyeh is western, because it's worn in the west.

Uh, it clearly isn't?

Gothic Lolita clearly derives its inspiration from Baroque, Rocco, Victorian and Elizabethan influences, but Japan pioneered its resurgence and branded it Lolita, which invalidates the purity of its Western origin because we're referring to "Gothic Lolita", not Victorian fashion.

@Jagger-Wolf: Thank you. I made that point already but it seemed to soar right over somebody's inflated ego.

than by that argument this thread shouldn't exist at all wink
"Gothic rock started in the UK in the 1980s and is an offshoot of post-punk." UK is not western my dear.
Also with that argument, Victorian Goth should not be there either.

I'm sorry what I posted you felt was harassment, when it clearly was not. I posted my opinion/ fact and YOU harrassed ME by calling me names, etc. when I had every right to state what I said.
In FACT black lists are considered harassment as well.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart
Now that my page has been efficiently purged of pink, I think we can move on. 4laugh

@Jagger-Wolf: Those are gorgeous. Definitely an improvement!

Friendly Gaian

10,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
gas station bathroom

User Image

I would like to point out that you're being far ruder than she is for calling her, repeatedly, an asshat, a douchebag, and telling her she's butthurt. The same goes for the poster above me. Yes, it's your thread and you can fill it with whatever you want. It turned out to be a suggestion, and then an exchanging of opinions where you turned around and threw insults out, and thus it began.

User Image

Girl-Crazy Werewolf

5,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ando Panda
User Image

I would like to point out that you're being far ruder than she is for calling her, repeatedly, an asshat, a douchebag, and telling her she's butthurt. Yes, it's your thread and you can fill it with whatever you want. It turned out to be a suggestion, and then an exchanging of opinions where you turned around and threw insults out, and thus it began.

User Image

My first reply simply said the truth that gothic lolita is not western goth and that I agreed about the Victorian picture, but I am done with this because this is a very stupid fight.

@Jagger-Wolf;; I'll be updating with the choker picture soon! After that, I'm going to bwd. Nighty night, y'all. heart

Friendly Gaian

10,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
gas station bathroom
Ando Panda
User Image

I would like to point out that you're being far ruder than she is for calling her, repeatedly, an asshat, a douchebag, and telling her she's butthurt. Yes, it's your thread and you can fill it with whatever you want. It turned out to be a suggestion, and then an exchanging of opinions where you turned around and threw insults out, and thus it began.

User Image

My first reply simply said the truth that gothic lolita is not western goth and that I agreed about the Victorian picture, but I am done with this because this is a very stupid fight.
User Image

I absolutely understand that. I read it all through, don't worry.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But the statement I made was that you were a ruder than she was, and you kept stating that she was rude. I felt the need to say that not to act like the arrogant jerk that you probably think I am, but to shine some light on something I observed in a neutral position.

User Image
Elysion Pedion
Khymaera
Elysion Pedion
Khymaera
Elysion Pedion

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart
Are we still doing this?

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

Uh, it clearly isn't?

than by that argument this thread shouldn't exist at all wink
"Gothic rock started in the UK in the 1980s and is an offshoot of post-punk." UK is not western my dear.
Also with that argument, Victorian Goth should not be there either.

I'm sorry what I posted you felt was harassment, when it clearly was not. I posted my opinion/ fact and YOU harrassed ME by calling me names, etc. when I had every right to state what I said.
In FACT black lists are considered harassment as well.

User Image
Donate 5k? Thanks! heart

Goth-Loli is a part of the Lolita style, not Goth itself. Goth-loli is made to mimic the goth style and is in itself NOT true goth.
Elysion Pedion
UK is not western my dear.

*headdesk*

I think that just proved how much of a fool you are, even more than the rest of your posts in this thread.
Gothic LOLITA is not mentioned because there are already several detailed LOLITA threads, possibly including a GOTHIC LOLITA one.
GSB is not going to change her thread for you; GO AWAY.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games