Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.37022900763359 37.0% [ 97 ]
Bitches 0.62977099236641 63.0% [ 165 ]
Total Votes:[ 262 ]

Eloquent Vampire

nurse lunabutt
Jagger-Wolf

tl;dr @ the pigment color thing because i guarantee i know lots and lots and lots about tattoos that you don't know smile

she very plainly stated she wasn't doing anything wrong care-wise in her first post, yet you continued to blab about "well scabs come off and you probably pulled them off or they came off" when she was past that point. multiple times.
and you're being extremely presumptuous about the whole overcharging thing? like some tattoo shops have a minimum even for small tattoos?? is it so foreign to you that not everyone has a ton of money to spend on tattoos and $60 is a lot of money to them??? does it even dawn on you that different people have different situations and might be sensitive to someone telling them they took shitty care of their tattoo that means a whole ******** lot to them??????? smile
It's fine if you tl;dr. You're just sticking your fingers in your ears going "la la la la! I can't hear you, la la la la!"

Good tattoos cost money. It's that simple. However, you also have to know what you're getting for your money. I'm sure $60 is a lot for tattoo, I've spent well over $60 on tattoos. But if you're that hard up for money, maybe tattoos should be further down the priority list. And you should also know what's worth $60 and what isn't. A tattoo THAT small and THAT delicate that took maybe 10-15 minutes to do really shouldn't have been worth $60. I'd have said $30-$40, ideally, maybe even including tip.

I know some shops have a minimum, actually, a good majority of them do. But it's common that shops will break that minimum based on what the tattoo actually is, so they're not over or undercharging clients. Overcharging clients and claiming "shop minimum" is a poor excuse for overcharging.

I didn't say "You're s**t, your tattoo is s**t. It looks like s**t because you took s**t care of it, you s**t." I didn't once say that, and you're making it seem like I did. I said "the most common reason for the situation you're in is poor care of a tattoo, and pulling scabs out before they're ready." Frequently, this comes from people picking at and peeling their tattoos, but it's not the ONLY way this happens. We must troubleshoot with the most common mistakes early on, that's how troubleshooting works, start with the easiest thing/most common thing and then get more complicated from there. Especially with problems this common. We also don't know the full story, only what she's telling us. And as with most things, most people aren't willing to own up to their own mistakes or bad care, no one wants to admit they screwed up or they caused the problem. But it's not a big deal, these things happen. Because it's so common and almost expected, that's WHY shops offer free touch ups for a while, the shortest I've ever seen was 6 months and the longest was lifetime, just depends on the shop or the individual artist.

Kawaii Sex Symbol

nahhhhh you're talking in circles and wasting my time at this point
have fun giving "advice" to people smile

Eloquent Vampire

nurse lunabutt
nahhhhh you're talking in circles and wasting my time at this point
have fun giving "advice" to people smile
Will do, kiddo. heart

Lady Kitten

Jagger-Wolf
Artfully Devious
Jagger-Wolf
Artfully Devious
Jagger-Wolf
Artfully Devious

User Image
I guess I'll have to be more careful, but I purposely wore loose clothing all week and racerback bras to avoid the area. I didn't pick and tried to be careful with it. The scabs only flaked off about a day ago.
It can also happen in the shower. If you put the tattoo directly under the water pressure the scabs can saturate and be pulled off by the pressure. And they're delicate little lines, it wouldn't take much to pull scabs out in any way.

But I can't imagine something THAT tiny would have cost you that much to have done in the first place. Most shops also offer free touch ups for a time after the tattoo is finished (six months is common, sometimes up to a year. Rarely you'll get lifetime touch ups).

User Image
I also avoided the area in the shower. thanks.
It costed a fair chunk of money for me; and while i do get free touch ups with it, that doesn't me that I'm not upset that it didn't take.
Thank you for your help, but I don't exactly appreciate being told it's my fault considering I followed their care instructions completely. I'm gonna go back and see what my artist says.
They could have also come off while sleeping. Even friction from shirts and sheets could be enough to yank chunks out of a tattoo that small. And it doesn't take much to do it.

What do you mean "fair chunk"? If you paid more than $40-$50 for something THAT tiny and simple, at the VERY most, you were ripped off something fierce.

User Image
I paid $60 because it was the shop's minimum.
EVEN IF it was cheaper then that, $40-50 can still be expensive for some people.
You don't know their situations.
I'm done with this now. I wish I hadn't posted in the first place.
It does sound like you were overcharged. My favorite shop charges minimums based on each artist, meaning each artist has their own minimum per hour they charge, but for something that small, that couldn't have taken more that 10-15 minute to do, they'd have charged appropriately. I paid $60 for these, together. Took a put 30-40 minutes, shop minimum was $125 an hour: my kanji

You're done because I gave you the information you wanted, but it seems like it wasn't the answers you wanted to hear. The very idea that the damage could be your fault seems to have hit a nerve with you, and then the idea that the shop overcharged you also made you defensive.

It has nothing to do with their "situations". It has to do with running a good, legitimate business. Overcharging means that information will travel around, and to people who know and understand what a tattoo should cost. They won't be visiting that shop, and will tell their friends not to so they don't get overcharged, and the shop will lose business. It's about making money, yes, but also about maintaining a good reputation in the community and among tattoo collectors and newbies alike. Charging $60 for a tattoo that simple and that tiny sounds like they took advantage of a newbie.

User Image
I'm not gonna fight with you about this. That was the shop's minimum and I had no difficulty paying it for a reputable and high demand shop. I'm not defensive about the price, I got defensive because you seemed to devaluing the price the shop set (If people don't like it, they can go somewhere else). It doesn't matter what you paid. There are other shops in my area that have a minimum of $140. You might have a price where you are, but that doesn't mean it's the same across the board.
I did get upset because I followed their care instructions as closely as I could. This tattoo was my first and has a lot of meaning behind it. To say that I improperly cared for it, when I told you I did care for it, was quite rude and callous.
I went to my artist this evening to discuss it with him, the ink did not take because of the pigment; not because of anything I did wrong. He'll be darkening it and touching it up after it heals completely in a few weeks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff