Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.36244541484716 36.2% [ 83 ]
Bitches 0.63755458515284 63.8% [ 146 ]
Total Votes:[ 229 ]

Bashful Bookworm

Sleeve tattoo help!
I absolutely love sleeve tattoos, and I'm thinking of my next tattoo being the start of a half sleeve.
My biggest concern is how to make everything I want on it tie in together nice? Should I leave that up to the artist or is there a trick to making everything on it mesh nicely together?

Eloquent Vampire

Stephnananana

Sleeve tattoo help!
I absolutely love sleeve tattoos, and I'm thinking of my next tattoo being the start of a half sleeve.
My biggest concern is how to make everything I want on it tie in together nice? Should I leave that up to the artist or is there a trick to making everything on it mesh nicely together?
You're going to want to have what you want down pretty well pat, like 80% already planned out and ready to go. You don't need it to be fully drawn out, that's part of the tattooist's job, but you're going to want to have a darn good mental image of what you want and can articulate that to the artist very well. Bring reference material, anything you've got; pictures, DVD covers, figurines, unrelated pictures that have colors or textures or styles you want, the MORE reference pictures, the better.

The tattooist can fill in any extra space with appropriate fillers, but you should have at least 80% of what you want already figured out. If you haven't figured that out yet, think on it some more. The tattooist can help you based on anatomy and the flow of the body itself, but they're going to want you to know pretty much what you want.
Jagger-Wolf
Apteryxxx
getting first full colour tattoo, and I'm hoping to keep it as fresh looking as I can. is there anything I can do to my skin before the tattoo to help prep it to better keep ink? (I already moisturize 1-2 times a day)
Nope, not really. Best way to get bright tattoos is making sure the tattooist knows what they're doing (good pigments, good application of pigments, etc), and protecting the result from sun exposure. Either keep it covered with clothing whenever you go out, the best way, truthfully, or slather it with sunblock and make sure to reapply as the bottle instructs.

she definitely has that down, she's the artist I picked after visiting 5 or 6 shops, and her colour-only work is SO pretty<3 (and she posts like... fresh ones and 1year old+ ones too to show how they age)
thanks so much!

Eloquent Vampire

Apteryxxx
Jagger-Wolf
Apteryxxx
getting first full colour tattoo, and I'm hoping to keep it as fresh looking as I can. is there anything I can do to my skin before the tattoo to help prep it to better keep ink? (I already moisturize 1-2 times a day)
Nope, not really. Best way to get bright tattoos is making sure the tattooist knows what they're doing (good pigments, good application of pigments, etc), and protecting the result from sun exposure. Either keep it covered with clothing whenever you go out, the best way, truthfully, or slather it with sunblock and make sure to reapply as the bottle instructs.

she definitely has that down, she's the artist I picked after visiting 5 or 6 shops, and her colour-only work is SO pretty<3 (and she posts like... fresh ones and 1year old+ ones too to show how they age)
thanks so much!
I have heard that some people will exfoliate over the tattoo on occasion, like when they exfoliate their face. Getting the dull dead skin off the top layer or two allows the tattoo to show up brighter from underneath, and there's pretty much no way to exfoliate hard enough to reach the layers the tattoo sits in, and they're the layers that don't regenerate and grow outward, so no worries about screwing it up, really. Just exfoliate appropriately and you should be fine.

Eloquent Vampire

Two new items up on Etsy! Go have a look-see! https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlterKnitGoth

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
User Image

Tattoo is finished!
It's beautiful and I couldn't be happier with it!

Beloved Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
My back tattoo - now almost a week old !
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My only problem with it is the missing connecting dot on the main chain, but I get free touch-ups so it's not a big deal

I looooove it.
I got a clicker for my septum,. I'm inlove. I got a pin up nurse tattoo for my grandma.

Thats about whats new with me. My lobes still are 1 3/4th.
Still double nostril on both sides, Medusa, nips and Christina

I have a total of six tattoos now.
I dont know how to post photos on here lol

Sparkly Gekko

User Image

Me and my best friend both got Sailor Moon tattoos last Saturday, and this one is mine.

I love what the artist did with the ribbons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff