Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.35802469135802 35.8% [ 87 ]
Bitches 0.64197530864198 64.2% [ 156 ]
Total Votes:[ 243 ]
Jagger-Wolf
For the forward helix, DO IT! Opals are lovely, and they seem to go with everything, no matter their color. And they come in SO many colors, at least from Anatometal, that there's something out there for everyone.

I have a 6mm white one (#17 in this image) in one tongue piercing, and a 4mm purple one in the other (#52). I LOVE THEM!

Being in Australia, they're also everywhere. Anatometal is just one way I can get them. I really need to go through their catalogue to decide, though. I like the graduated sizing style of forward helixes (which is what I have currently, with tiny little gems). Ideally, I'd like to do that with a set of three white/fire opals or red opals.

Also, the current little gems I have in are from a local maker who does custom jewellery for the shop where I had my piercings done. I think if I ask them, they'd probably be able to do a custom set with opals at a similar size to the little cubic zirconium that are currently in there.

(And yes, I know the middle one is slightly off-kilter; I'm going back to see the piercer to make sure it's not sitting funny/trying to migrate, as this was something we discussed while placing them.)

Eloquent Vampire

spuntino
Jagger-Wolf
For the forward helix, DO IT! Opals are lovely, and they seem to go with everything, no matter their color. And they come in SO many colors, at least from Anatometal, that there's something out there for everyone.

I have a 6mm white one (#17 in this image) in one tongue piercing, and a 4mm purple one in the other (#52). I LOVE THEM!

Being in Australia, they're also everywhere. Anatometal is just one way I can get them. I really need to go through their catalogue to decide, though. I like the graduated sizing style of forward helixes (which is what I have currently, with tiny little gems). Ideally, I'd like to do that with a set of three white/fire opals or red opals.

Also, the current little gems I have in are from a local maker who does custom jewellery for the shop where I had my piercings done. I think if I ask them, they'd probably be able to do a custom set with opals at a similar size to the little cubic zirconium that are currently in there.

(And yes, I know the middle one is slightly off-kilter; I'm going back to see the piercer to make sure it's not sitting funny/trying to migrate, as this was something we discussed while placing them.)
I don't see why they couldn't do custom work for you, the only problem maybe being the size of them. It might be hard to cut or manufacture something that small, but I'm sure they'd tell you off the bat.

Semi-randomly decided to start looking for n****e jewelry. Most of what I find I don't like. I can't really wear rings or anything with dangly bits since mine are angled downward, and most of these are designed for traditional horizontal placement. Most straight barbells I find have one decorative end facing out, like for tragus, industrial or even labret piercings (other than needing a flat back). Hmm... will just have to keep digging.
Jagger-Wolf
spuntino
Jagger-Wolf

I don't see why they couldn't do custom work for you, the only problem maybe being the size of them. It might be hard to cut or manufacture something that small, but I'm sure they'd tell you off the bat.

Semi-randomly decided to start looking for n****e jewelry. Most of what I find I don't like. I can't really wear rings or anything with dangly bits since mine are angled downward, and most of these are designed for traditional horizontal placement. Most straight barbells I find have one decorative end facing out, like for tragus, industrial or even labret piercings (other than needing a flat back). Hmm... will just have to keep digging.

Possibly something custom, then? Because at the moment, I'm picturing something like the curved barbells they use in belly button piercings, and trying not to laugh at the idea of someone wearing a dolphin dangle barbell through their nipples.

I'm sure someone has done it, but it's just terribly comedic.

Eloquent Vampire

spuntino
Jagger-Wolf
spuntino
Jagger-Wolf

Possibly something custom, then? Because at the moment, I'm picturing something like the curved barbells they use in belly button piercings, and trying not to laugh at the idea of someone wearing a dolphin dangle barbell through their nipples.

There are a couple of shields and dangly ones I like, mainly these:

I could also just order loose ends for the barbells I already have. They don't need to be anything special. Get something like these to go on either end:

Jagger-Wolf
spuntino
Jagger-Wolf
spuntino
Jagger-Wolf

There are a couple of shields and dangly ones I like, mainly these:

I could also just order loose ends for the barbells I already have. They don't need to be anything special. Get something like these to go on either end:

Ooooh. I do like those stone ball ends. The amethyst is particularly pretty.

Floppy Gawker

Okay I just shifted my industrial bar in my ear, am I going to get an infection? They say don't move it or twist it but I bumped it and it slid through. I know I'm probably overreacting but I'm still really worried.

Eloquent Vampire

Booty Tickle
Okay I just shifted my industrial bar in my ear, am I going to get an infection? They say don't move it or twist it but I bumped it and it slid through. I know I'm probably overreacting but I'm still really worried.
Unlikely. Infections are not common, they shouldn't some sort of expected thing, and they're not really that easy to get, so don't be concerned that ANY little misstep in aftercare is going to result in one. But don't be messing with it.

Floppy Gawker

Jagger-Wolf
Booty Tickle
Unlikely. Infections are not common, they shouldn't some sort of expected thing, and they're not really that easy to get, so don't be concerned that ANY little misstep in aftercare is going to result in one. But don't be messing with it.
i just mess with it because when it's time to clean it's the hardest to clean. Like a lot of crust builds up there and since it's so hard to get to I always worry I didn't clean it all the way. Sometimes the fold in my cartilage will crust to my bar and get stuck like that. It hurts like butthole.

Eloquent Vampire

Booty Tickle
Jagger-Wolf
Booty Tickle
i just mess with it because when it's time to clean it's the hardest to clean. Like a lot of crust builds up there and since it's so hard to get to I always worry I didn't clean it all the way. Sometimes the fold in my cartilage will crust to my bar and get stuck like that. It hurts like butthole.
If you have crusties, soak for the full 5-10 minutes first to loosen them up and soften them before you try to get them off. Wet a cotton swab with the warm salt water after the soak and carefully wipe them away. Don't try to do it dry. And if something won't come off easily, don't force it.

Floppy Gawker

Jagger-Wolf
Booty Tickle
Jagger-Wolf
Booty Tickle
If you have crusties, soak for the full 5-10 minutes first to loosen them up and soften them before you try to get them off. Wet a cotton swab with the warm salt water after the soak and carefully wipe them away. Don't try to do it dry. And if something won't come off easily, don't force it.
I try doing it in the shower but my curls always get suck under the balls that hold the bar in place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff