Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

Yikes! I'm fairly lucky in that I live in a decently sized city so I've got a few options. And the trendy street in this city has several piercing and tattoo shops on it. Since they're all within about a ten minute walk, they have to be good to stay open. Once you get a little further out, I find you have to do more research because there's less reputable places and then gems like the incredible artist that did my tattoo. His detail work is so incredible someone said that on first glance, they though I had bedazzled my back.
Yeah, living in a quite literal hole in a religious and conservative part of the country is not really conducive to good body mod work. Most of the time.

I'm on my third artist to try to finish my sleeve. The first one just up and vanished, last I heard he was going to work for his cousin in Colorado and I haven't heard anything from or about him since. I had the same artist who did my leopard rosettes work on my sleeve after that, but he moved on to greener pastures shortly after that. I mean, good on him, he's opened his own shop and everything. Now I think I'll have another artist at the same shop work on it. He's the one who's been working on my boyfriend recently, and he's INCREDIBLY good, so I think I can trust him. I'm going to try one more time to get my sleeve cleaned up by him before I add more to it. If he can't fix it, I may just see if he can cover the bad area up with something else.

That makes sense. I didn't fully settle on my artist until I saw him work. I'd seen his amazing work on a friend but I'm a bit of an emotional sponge so it wasn't until I realized what a goof he is that I knew he was a good artist for me. And luckily he's got his own shop and has been there for a while so I won't have to go shopping for another artist in a while.

Eloquent Vampire

princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

Yikes! I'm fairly lucky in that I live in a decently sized city so I've got a few options. And the trendy street in this city has several piercing and tattoo shops on it. Since they're all within about a ten minute walk, they have to be good to stay open. Once you get a little further out, I find you have to do more research because there's less reputable places and then gems like the incredible artist that did my tattoo. His detail work is so incredible someone said that on first glance, they though I had bedazzled my back.
Yeah, living in a quite literal hole in a religious and conservative part of the country is not really conducive to good body mod work. Most of the time.

I'm on my third artist to try to finish my sleeve. The first one just up and vanished, last I heard he was going to work for his cousin in Colorado and I haven't heard anything from or about him since. I had the same artist who did my leopard rosettes work on my sleeve after that, but he moved on to greener pastures shortly after that. I mean, good on him, he's opened his own shop and everything. Now I think I'll have another artist at the same shop work on it. He's the one who's been working on my boyfriend recently, and he's INCREDIBLY good, so I think I can trust him. I'm going to try one more time to get my sleeve cleaned up by him before I add more to it. If he can't fix it, I may just see if he can cover the bad area up with something else.

That makes sense. I didn't fully settle on my artist until I saw him work. I'd seen his amazing work on a friend but I'm a bit of an emotional sponge so it wasn't until I realized what a goof he is that I knew he was a good artist for me. And luckily he's got his own shop and has been there for a while so I won't have to go shopping for another artist in a while.
The piercers at my favorite shop are that way. They're all super nice and easy going, but dedicated professionals at the same time. They take NO guff from anyone either. I remember one time I was sitting there waiting for my turn in the piercing room when someone came in demanding a piercing. The second piercer was at the counter trying to talk to them, explain how things go, that no, they can't use a numbing agent at all and the person was trying to tell them it was "illegal" for them to NOT use a numbing agent. The argument went on for a good like 7 minutes before the person walked out in a tizzy. I was just sitting there trying not to laugh out loud and draw attention to myself. It was hilarious and awful at the same time.

The tattooist who's been working on my boyfriend works in the same shop, his name is Hanz. He's super cool. Very "one with the universe", as other tattooists there have described him. Very soft spoken, super calm all the time, mellow as hell, and incredible at what he does. Hanz and Boyfriend almost had a spiritual bonding moment when they first met, talking about the tattoo he wanted. Long story, but a good one.

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

The piercers at my favorite shop are that way. They're all super nice and easy going, but dedicated professionals at the same time. They take NO guff from anyone either. I remember one time I was sitting there waiting for my turn in the piercing room when someone came in demanding a piercing. The second piercer was at the counter trying to talk to them, explain how things go, that no, they can't use a numbing agent at all and the person was trying to tell them it was "illegal" for them to NOT use a numbing agent. The argument went on for a good like 7 minutes before the person walked out in a tizzy. I was just sitting there trying not to laugh out loud and draw attention to myself. It was hilarious and awful at the same time.

The tattooist who's been working on my boyfriend works in the same shop, his name is Hanz. He's super cool. Very "one with the universe", as other tattooists there have described him. Very soft spoken, super calm all the time, mellow as hell, and incredible at what he does. Hanz and Boyfriend almost had a spiritual bonding moment when they first met, talking about the tattoo he wanted. Long story, but a good one.

Why are the people that have no idea what they're talking about always the loudest? They're making all the ones that do their research look bad!

In a weird way, I'm glad my artist, Scott, and I didn't get like that. My tattoo looks absolutely nothing like I pictured it and it's so much more perfect because of that. He had a basic idea and shape but other than that, he had free reign and I'm so glad I didn't micromanage it.

Eloquent Vampire

princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

Why are the people that have no idea what they're talking about always the loudest? They're making all the ones that do their research look bad!

In a weird way, I'm glad my artist, Scott, and I didn't get like that. My tattoo looks absolutely nothing like I pictured it and it's so much more perfect because of that. He had a basic idea and shape but other than that, he had free reign and I'm so glad I didn't micromanage it.
Because they figure if they drown out people with volume, they'll be listened to more, or it makes their arguments more valid. Not because of what they're actually saying, more just through volume; drown out other voices so you're the only one that's heard, and therefore the only one that matters. I know several people like that, and they're annoying.

I like to give my artists a bit of free range when it comes to tattooing. We have a decently long conversation about what I want, I provide all the reference material I can, I talk about what sort of feel or emotion I may want it to invoke, that kinda thing, and then I just let them go. My next big piece is going to be AMAZING, I can hardly wait to start it. I've got all of my reference material saved and ready to go, too. My original plan was to finish my sleeve (or at least get to a good stopping point), finish my rosettes, and THEN start it, but then part of me says ******** it, just start it anyway. It's going to be a big, intense, detailed piece, so I'm putting it off until I can get back to the artists I like on a more regular basis than maybe twice a year, so maybe I'll make the trips down to the more local artists that I'm interested in and see what they can offer. I like having tattoos by different people and in different styles, I think it's a cooler collection that way, so vising the more local artists would only encourage that.

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

Because they figure if they drown out people with volume, they'll be listened to more, or it makes their arguments more valid. Not because of what they're actually saying, more just through volume; drown out other voices so you're the only one that's heard, and therefore the only one that matters. I know several people like that, and they're annoying.

I like to give my artists a bit of free range when it comes to tattooing. We have a decently long conversation about what I want, I provide all the reference material I can, I talk about what sort of feel or emotion I may want it to invoke, that kinda thing, and then I just let them go. My next big piece is going to be AMAZING, I can hardly wait to start it. I've got all of my reference material saved and ready to go, too. My original plan was to finish my sleeve (or at least get to a good stopping point), finish my rosettes, and THEN start it, but then part of me says ******** it, just start it anyway. It's going to be a big, intense, detailed piece, so I'm putting it off until I can get back to the artists I like on a more regular basis than maybe twice a year, so maybe I'll make the trips down to the more local artists that I'm interested in and see what they can offer. I like having tattoos by different people and in different styles, I think it's a cooler collection that way, so vising the more local artists would only encourage that.

I was super nervous to give an artist free range. My tattoo commemorates a specific event so I was nervous that it wouldn't be right and it would sour the whole experience. But the result was the exact opposite. Scott was able to make it even more personal and unique by not staying to the more vague ideas that I had.

I get what you mean about wanting to just say ******** it and go. I want a tattoo for graduating uni in the spring but there's a big part of me that doesn't want to wait at all.

As for different styles, I'd want to be sure that all my pieces made sense together but I'm starting to love the eclectic mix that some people have more and more. Which is good because the more I look at pics of tattoos, the more I see styles I like.

Eloquent Vampire

princess-luni

I was super nervous to give an artist free range. My tattoo commemorates a specific event so I was nervous that it wouldn't be right and it would sour the whole experience. But the result was the exact opposite. Scott was able to make it even more personal and unique by not staying to the more vague ideas that I had.

I get what you mean about wanting to just say ******** it and go. I want a tattoo for graduating uni in the spring but there's a big part of me that doesn't want to wait at all.

As for different styles, I'd want to be sure that all my pieces made sense together but I'm starting to love the eclectic mix that some people have more and more. Which is good because the more I look at pics of tattoos, the more I see styles I like.
Most of my tattoos are Asian themed, not really by intention, it just kinda worked out that way. I may do another sleeve on the other arm someday not Asian-themed, because my tattoos are all little snippets of who I am. I am not one thing and one thing only, I am various things, and my tattoos should be various as well to reflect who I am, what I think, what I like, how I feel, etc. I've always had a love for Asian themes and aesthetics, so I guess that's where that comes from. I've also had a huge deep love for all things ancient Egyptian, like a life long love, but I have no tattoos in that theme. Yet, maybe some day. I'm a cat person, so I guess that's where the leopard rosettes come from. I don't like the look of tattoos that look like they were just thrown together, like someone shook up a bucket of ideas and then just splashed them on a body, then tattooed them all wherever they landed. I think each area of the body should be dedicated to an idea or theme. Like my sleeve arm will only be dedicated to that sleeve, I won't tattoo something random and unfitted to the theme in the remaining quarter of my arm on that side. My other arm could go either way, honestly, it's pretty bare and is open to any possibilities. My legs are completely bare, so they could be anything. My back is almost completely bare, I have a small-ish piece along the back of my shoulders and my rosettes cover a bit of my back, but otherwise, it's like 80% barren real estate. My chest is also almost entirely bare, and I'd love to do something more with it.

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

Most of my tattoos are Asian themed, not really by intention, it just kinda worked out that way. I may do another sleeve on the other arm someday not Asian-themed, because my tattoos are all little snippets of who I am. I am not one thing and one thing only, I am various things, and my tattoos should be various as well to reflect who I am, what I think, what I like, how I feel, etc. I've always had a love for Asian themes and aesthetics, so I guess that's where that comes from. I've also had a huge deep love for all things ancient Egyptian, like a life long love, but I have no tattoos in that theme. Yet, maybe some day. I'm a cat person, so I guess that's where the leopard rosettes come from. I don't like the look of tattoos that look like they were just thrown together, like someone shook up a bucket of ideas and then just splashed them on a body, then tattooed them all wherever they landed. I think each area of the body should be dedicated to an idea or theme. Like my sleeve arm will only be dedicated to that sleeve, I won't tattoo something random and unfitted to the theme in the remaining quarter of my arm on that side. My other arm could go either way, honestly, it's pretty bare and is open to any possibilities. My legs are completely bare, so they could be anything. My back is almost completely bare, I have a small-ish piece along the back of my shoulders and my rosettes cover a bit of my back, but otherwise, it's like 80% barren real estate. My chest is also almost entirely bare, and I'd love to do something more with it.

That makes sense. Differently themed areas are a good idea.

I love big pieces on other people but I have a feeling that I'll stick to smaller ones. Which means I have to be careful not to 'waste' space on something small. And since the tattoos I want don't have much in common, I want to spread them out of my body. They wouldn't look nice right next to each other but here's hoping that they'll look good on different limbs.

Eloquent Vampire

princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

I love big pieces on other people but I have a feeling that I'll stick to smaller ones. Which means I have to be careful not to 'waste' space on something small. And since the tattoos I want don't have much in common, I want to spread them out of my body. They wouldn't look nice right next to each other but here's hoping that they'll look good on different limbs.
The one thing that bothers me about my Asian themed tattoos is I've been accused of "cultural appropriation" because of them. Since I'm white, I obviously can't enjoy or even like any other cultures, only my own. But, being white, I actually HAVE no culture, so essentially I shouldn't have any of my tattoos at all, since I just ripped them off from other cultures. rolleyes scream I wouldn't change them for anything, I don't regret them one bit, but because of the hassle I've gotten, it's one of the reasons I'm almost entirely covered up all the time whenever I go out anymore. I just don't wanna hear it most times.

Yeah, all of that has been said to me in one way or another by various people. I, of course, just laugh at them and move along. I've also been told that my two kanji tattoos MUST be wrong, since I don't actually speak the language, nor am I a part of that culture. Well, they've been verified by at least 3 different native speakers and one who's studied the language for like 4 years, so I'm fairly certain they say what they're supposed to.

I don't understand people who judge based on the subject matter alone of other people's tattoos. Sure, you can get an idea about someone based on their tattoos, like things they like or identify with, but that's not ALL there is to that person or their tattoos. I'll make comments on and judge the execution and how good or bad the artwork itself is, because there IS such a thing as good or bad execution of artwork, but there really is no bad subject matter. Just because I wouldn't get it, doesn't mean that person shouldn't have it at all. That's the difference a lot of people don't seem to be able to understand. I've told people off in the past, sometimes more politely than others, it depends on setting and just how tied of it I am.

Like I pretty much won't explain the meaning behind my sleeve anymore, at least not on first meeting someone. It's none of their business, it's a long story with a lot of separate parts, and most people don't actually want to hear the full story, they just want to judge how "valid" they think the meaning is. I have NEVER asked that of someone else, I might ask them where they had it done, who the artist was, that kinda thing, but I NEVER ask the personal s**t. Because I know how much I hate it, and I don't wanna do that to someone else. Like you see those lists of "17 things girls with tattoos are tired of hearing" and it's true, not even just girls are tired of hearing them. EVERYONE with visible tattoos is tired of hearing those same questions over and over and over again. And the worst part is those asking think they're the first ones to ever ask you that, or they're asking you something you've never thought about before, some profound deep thought-provoking question that'll make you question everything you know about yourself and how you feel about your tattoo in general. I think next time I get asked one of the stupid common questions I'll just get this shocked look on my face, look off into the distance and say "Yeah, you're right, it probably WILL look like s**t when I'm 80. Oh god, what have I done to myself? I have NEVER thought of that before. I'M RUINED!" and then run off screaming and crying and wailing. I'm sure that's what they wanted to see and hear anyway, right? wink

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni
Jagger-Wolf
princess-luni

The one thing that bothers me about my Asian themed tattoos is I've been accused of "cultural appropriation" because of them. Since I'm white, I obviously can't enjoy or even like any other cultures, only my own. But, being white, I actually HAVE no culture, so essentially I shouldn't have any of my tattoos at all, since I just ripped them off from other cultures. rolleyes scream I wouldn't change them for anything, I don't regret them one bit, but because of the hassle I've gotten, it's one of the reasons I'm almost entirely covered up all the time whenever I go out anymore. I just don't wanna hear it most times.

Yeah, all of that has been said to me in one way or another by various people. I, of course, just laugh at them and move along. I've also been told that my two kanji tattoos MUST be wrong, since I don't actually speak the language, nor am I a part of that culture. Well, they've been verified by at least 3 different native speakers and one who's studied the language for like 4 years, so I'm fairly certain they say what they're supposed to.

I don't understand people who judge based on the subject matter alone of other people's tattoos. Sure, you can get an idea about someone based on their tattoos, like things they like or identify with, but that's not ALL there is to that person or their tattoos. I'll make comments on and judge the execution and how good or bad the artwork itself is, because there IS such a thing as good or bad execution of artwork, but there really is no bad subject matter. Just because I wouldn't get it, doesn't mean that person shouldn't have it at all. That's the difference a lot of people don't seem to be able to understand. I've told people off in the past, sometimes more politely than others, it depends on setting and just how tied of it I am.

Like I pretty much won't explain the meaning behind my sleeve anymore, at least not on first meeting someone. It's none of their business, it's a long story with a lot of separate parts, and most people don't actually want to hear the full story, they just want to judge how "valid" they think the meaning is. I have NEVER asked that of someone else, I might ask them where they had it done, who the artist was, that kinda thing, but I NEVER ask the personal s**t. Because I know how much I hate it, and I don't wanna do that to someone else. Like you see those lists of "17 things girls with tattoos are tired of hearing" and it's true, not even just girls are tired of hearing them. EVERYONE with visible tattoos is tired of hearing those same questions over and over and over again. And the worst part is those asking think they're the first ones to ever ask you that, or they're asking you something you've never thought about before, some profound deep thought-provoking question that'll make you question everything you know about yourself and how you feel about your tattoo in general. I think next time I get asked one of the stupid common questions I'll just get this shocked look on my face, look off into the distance and say "Yeah, you're right, it probably WILL look like s**t when I'm 80. Oh god, what have I done to myself? I have NEVER thought of that before. I'M RUINED!" and then run off screaming and crying and wailing. I'm sure that's what they wanted to see and hear anyway, right? wink

I would love to see what people would do to that reaction. I'd like to think that is would occur to them how ridiculous they are but there would probably be smugness.

And then on me, people tend to assume that my tattoo was just done on a girly whim. It's a tiara so it can't mean anything to me, right? And somehow that makes it a less valid tattoo. I don't mind when people ask me about mine and I admittedly have asked others about theirs. But there's a time and a place for that. And I know to back off when people obviously don't want to talk about it. It's not a difficult concept.

I've certainly had strong opinions on tattoos that I've seen on other people but luckily for me, the ones that I don't like aren't on my body so I really don't have the right to give a s**t.

Eloquent Vampire

princess-luni

I would love to see what people would do to that reaction. I'd like to think that is would occur to them how ridiculous they are but there would probably be smugness.

And then on me, people tend to assume that my tattoo was just done on a girly whim. It's a tiara so it can't mean anything to me, right? And somehow that makes it a less valid tattoo. I don't mind when people ask me about mine and I admittedly have asked others about theirs. But there's a time and a place for that. And I know to back off when people obviously don't want to talk about it. It's not a difficult concept.

I've certainly had strong opinions on tattoos that I've seen on other people but luckily for me, the ones that I don't like aren't on my body so I really don't have the right to give a s**t.
Exactly. And that should be the end of it. But for most people, they don't really seem to get it. Like "Wait, my preferences and opinions AREN'T law? What the hell, why not?!" It just baffles them.

I just found out a friend of ours is bringing over his latest potential romantic interest, and she's way out of his type range, meaning she's pretty heavily tattooed and pierced. So we'll see how that goes. He really only brings girls over to our place so we can be his wing people, and I am SO tired of that, but he's breaking out of his normally incredibly toxic type, so I guess we'll do it once more and see how it ends up. I don't like random people I'll never see again coming to my house, it make me paranoid having had at least two houses broken into and robbed before, but I don't really have much of a say in what goes on around here, apparently. We have a LOT of expensive electronics that I would HATE to lose. stare Good thing we have good solid doors that are always locked, and the only window downstairs is blocked by the 30 gallon fish tank, and it's always locked, too, so I guess no one is getting in.

My own elitism comes out a bit when presented with others who are modified, as horrible and stupid as that is, at least recognizing it is partway to healing, right? I pride myself on having clean, pretty, high quality jewelry in all of my clean, pretty, and well-healed piercings and most people, especially those who are young and/or are new to the community, like the big obnoxious pieces, like big striped acrylic balls on tongue piercings and in lip rings, mismatched pairs of earrings, curved navel barbells hanging in their "gauged" ears, that kinda thing. More of a "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M PIERCED! AREN'T I UNIQUE AND COOL AND INTERESTING AND DIFFERENT?!' kinda thing, which I hate. I get that that's all a part of moving through this community and getting better, it's a stepping stone that pretty much every subculture has to one degree or another (being a goth as well, that's a BIG step people move through, called the baby bat stage), but I at least try to be a good example of what this community COULD be. I pride myself on trying to be a good example of what the body mod community is really all about, the artistic side of it, the self expression without being pretentious side, a bit of the counter-culture side as well. Like it's okay to be not "of them", it's not going to really harm you in the end. You'll find a group you are a part of, and they're probably better than the group you left. It's okay to go against the grain of the world. People are going to stare, make it worth their while.

Quotable Noob

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Exactly. And that should be the end of it. But for most people, they don't really seem to get it. Like "Wait, my preferences and opinions AREN'T law? What the hell, why not?!" It just baffles them.

I just found out a friend of ours is bringing over his latest potential romantic interest, and she's way out of his type range, meaning she's pretty heavily tattooed and pierced. So we'll see how that goes. He really only brings girls over to our place so we can be his wing people, and I am SO tired of that, but he's breaking out of his normally incredibly toxic type, so I guess we'll do it once more and see how it ends up. I don't like random people I'll never see again coming to my house, it make me paranoid having had at least two houses broken into and robbed before, but I don't really have much of a say in what goes on around here, apparently. We have a LOT of expensive electronics that I would HATE to lose. stare Good thing we have good solid doors that are always locked, and the only window downstairs is blocked by the 30 gallon fish tank, and it's always locked, too, so I guess no one is getting in.

My own elitism comes out a bit when presented with others who are modified, as horrible and stupid as that is, at least recognizing it is partway to healing, right? I pride myself on having clean, pretty, high quality jewelry in all of my clean, pretty, and well-healed piercings and most people, especially those who are young and/or are new to the community, like the big obnoxious pieces, like big striped acrylic balls on tongue piercings and in lip rings, mismatched pairs of earrings, curved navel barbells hanging in their "gauged" ears, that kinda thing. More of a "HEY! LOOK AT ME! I'M PIERCED! AREN'T I UNIQUE AND COOL AND INTERESTING AND DIFFERENT?!' kinda thing, which I hate. I get that that's all a part of moving through this community and getting better, it's a stepping stone that pretty much every subculture has to one degree or another (being a goth as well, that's a BIG step people move through, called the baby bat stage), but I at least try to be a good example of what this community COULD be. I pride myself on trying to be a good example of what the body mod community is really all about, the artistic side of it, the self expression without being pretentious side, a bit of the counter-culture side as well. Like it's okay to be not "of them", it's not going to really harm you in the end. You'll find a group you are a part of, and they're probably better than the group you left. It's okay to go against the grain of the world. People are going to stare, make it worth their while.
When I am supreme ruler of the world, I'll start voicing my opinions on mods. And since everyone will have a tattoo of my face, they'll have to be good about it. Until then, I'll keep those opinions to myself.

And the more I decide on the mods I want and the ones I like on others, the more sure I am about the ones that I don't like. And I can be less than nice about it sometimes. But, like you said, recognition leads to healing. I'm also not a huge fan of people who mod simply for the sake of being "super unique!1!" especially as it's becoming more common and the number of people who aren't doing their proper research is getting greater.

Big Codger

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Jagger-Wolf
Rikkuzia
I'm getting my nipples pierced soon by my piercer and his apprentice and I'm kinda spooked, tbh. I haven't had a piercing in almost a year
Count yourself lucky that you're getting both done at once. Some of us weren't so lucky.

I honestly waited until his apprentice was ready to start piercing people to talk to him about it. She's just barely started so I get to listen to my piercer coach her and show her what to do.

Eloquent Vampire

Rikkuzia
Jagger-Wolf
Rikkuzia
I'm getting my nipples pierced soon by my piercer and his apprentice and I'm kinda spooked, tbh. I haven't had a piercing in almost a year
Count yourself lucky that you're getting both done at once. Some of us weren't so lucky.

I honestly waited until his apprentice was ready to start piercing people to talk to him about it. She's just barely started so I get to listen to my piercer coach her and show her what to do.
I had mine done one at a time, that was my only option; he was the only piercer there. The right was done first, and it was excruciating. Like, I like to think of myself has having a pretty high tolerance for pain, and actually enjoy it on a level or two, but this... this was something else. The left was MUCH easier than the first one, contrary to what most people usually say.

During the jewelry transfer, he started on the right. I have NEVER flinched during a piercing before, not once, but I did this time. He dropped the needle out one side with the jewelry still only halfway through, so he just had to shove it through the old fashioned way. That one gave me problems for the first few months of healing, but now that they're pushing like 3-4 years old, they're some of the best piercings I've ever had. No problems at all once the healing was over. He did a fantastic job.

Big Codger

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Jagger-Wolf
Rikkuzia
Jagger-Wolf
Rikkuzia

I had mine done one at a time, that was my only option; he was the only piercer there. The right was done first, and it was excruciating. Like, I like to think of myself has having a pretty high tolerance for pain, and actually enjoy it on a level or two, but this... this was something else. The left was MUCH easier than the first one, contrary to what most people usually say.

During the jewelry transfer, he started on the right. I have NEVER flinched during a piercing before, not once, but I did this time. He dropped the needle out one side with the jewelry still only halfway through, so he just had to shove it through the old fashioned way. That one gave me problems for the first few months of healing, but now that they're pushing like 3-4 years old, they're some of the best piercings I've ever had. No problems at all once the healing was over. He did a fantastic job.

Nooooo agh that sounds awful! I just get kinda lightheaded and I'm painfully modest so I'm just gonna avoid looking at anything pretty that I'd want to have them changed to.

Eloquent Vampire

Rikkuzia
Jagger-Wolf
Rikkuzia
Jagger-Wolf
Rikkuzia

Nooooo agh that sounds awful! I just get kinda lightheaded and I'm painfully modest so I'm just gonna avoid looking at anything pretty that I'd want to have them changed to.
By all logic I should have blacked out or something, but I powered through it, and it was worth it. Too bad they were done in November, in the Utah mountains, and all I was wearing over my chest afterward was a cotton cami and a hoodie. Yeah, I figured out just how cold it was REAL quick.

I'm still wearing the original jewelry I downsized to like 3 weeks after having them pierced. I'm not really one for super fancy jewelry in every piercing I have, mine are just plain steel barbells I may get gemmed ends or colored titanium barbells some day, but low priority at the moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff