Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

Faerie Dreams

(Aquaphor is Vaseline/petroleum jelly based actually)
No it isn't, actually.

Petroleum jelly has petroleum products in it. Aquaphor contains petroLAtum, and less of it than petroleum jelly, which is a derivative petroleum jelly but isn't the same thing. The difference is that while they have the same texture, Aquaphor is actually absorbed into the skin slowly over a long period of time, Vaseline and petroleum jelly is not, it actually clogs the skin and evaporates from the outside down to the skin, rather than being absorbed from the skin toward the outside.

You could also avoid the two altogether and use A&D lotion, another widely accepted form of tattoo care. I've used Aquaphor for the first 1/4 of healing and plain Eucerine or Aveeno for the other 3/4 as my regular tattoo care routine.

Eloquent Vampire

Perhaps one of the cuter projects I've made. Dice Bag of Doom.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Could I get the directions for a salt soak please?

As of late my belly ring has been feeling a tad irritated so i was hoping if i ggive it a few soaks it might feel better.....

Eloquent Vampire

Death To Clowns 05

As of late my belly ring has been feeling a tad irritated so i was hoping if i ggive it a few soaks it might feel better.....
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 8oz/1 cup distilled water. Make water just over bath water hot, soak for 5-10 minutes at a time, 2 times a day. Rinse/Flush off with plain warm water.

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Love Machine 150
Jagger-Wolf
Death To Clowns 05

1/4 teaspoon sea salt, 8oz/1 cup distilled water. Make water just over bath water hot, soak for 5-10 minutes at a time, 2 times a day. Rinse/Flush off with plain warm water.

Thank you very much!

I'll make a food store run on Friday as it's payday.

what works best as far as what to put the soak in?

Bashful Bookworm

Hey guys!
I got my nipples pierced march 10th and I've been told they take somewhere around ~8 weeks to heal. It's been almost 4 months now, and they still get those crusties and some fluid. Though I read that that's normal even after healing for n****e piercings?
Just wondering what you guys think. I bought some n****e shields to wear once their healed, but I'm too paranoid to take them out.

I'll be seeing my piercer when I go in for touch ups on my tattoo, but I'm just looking for some opinions.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Stephnananana

Hey guys!
I got my nipples pierced march 10th and I've been told they take somewhere around ~8 weeks to heal. It's been almost 4 months now, and they still get those crusties and some fluid. Though I read that that's normal even after healing for n****e piercings?
Just wondering what you guys think. I bought some n****e shields to wear once their healed, but I'm too paranoid to take them out.

I'll be seeing my piercer when I go in for touch ups on my tattoo, but I'm just looking for some opinions.

Whoever said that it'll take under 8 weeks to heal definitely was assuming they were piercing someone with Wolverine-like healing abilities. My nipples took a solid 6 months to really heal up, and every now and then they'll still ooze lymph if they get bumped too hard (I regularly catch them on my towels or shower door)

Bashful Bookworm

The Court of Owls

Whoever said that it'll take under 8 weeks to heal definitely was assuming they were piercing someone with Wolverine-like healing abilities. My nipples took a solid 6 months to really heal up, and every now and then they'll still ooze lymph if they get bumped too hard (I regularly catch them on my towels or shower door)

I know a lot of people like to say less than realistic healing times, thank you for telling me your experience! I'm glad to know mine aren't taking abnormally long or anything.

Eloquent Vampire

Death To Clowns 05
Jagger-Wolf
Death To Clowns 05

Thank you very much!

Start by mixing it into a clean glass mug, or a clean glass mixing bowl. From there, fill a shot glass, press it to your navel, then lay yourself back on the floor/couch/bed, watch TV for 5-10 minutes, then carefully stand up and take the glass off.

10,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Love Machine 150
Jagger-Wolf
Death To Clowns 05
Jagger-Wolf
Death To Clowns 05

Thank you very much!

Start by mixing it into a clean glass mug, or a clean glass mixing bowl. From there, fill a shot glass, press it to your navel, then lay yourself back on the floor/couch/bed, watch TV for 5-10 minutes, then carefully stand up and take the glass off.

I know there's quite a few options as far as sea salt goes, so I want to make sure I look for the right stuff...

It's just plain sea salt. nothing more to it right?

Eloquent Vampire

Death To Clowns 05
Jagger-Wolf
Death To Clowns 05
Jagger-Wolf
Death To Clowns 05

Thank you very much!

I know there's quite a few options as far as sea salt goes, so I want to make sure I look for the right stuff...

It's just plain sea salt. nothing more to it right?
Just simple, white, organic, non-iodized sea salt. The most important part is the non-iodized aspect. The package should say "non-iodized" or "not a source of iodine", something like that.

Eloquent Vampire

http://www.nerve.com/love-sex8739/the-dumbest-questions-pierced-people-get-in-bed

What's the dumbest question you guys have gotten, in the bedroom or out of if?

I think my favorite stupid question was a woman asked me "How do you eat with those?" indicating my Dahlia pair. She thought it was one solid bar that went through my mouth like a horse bit. I just laughed wide to show her that there was nothing in my mouth to get in the way, then walked away.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Jagger-Wolf
http://www.nerve.com/love-sex8739/the-dumbest-questions-pierced-people-get-in-bed

I think my favorite stupid question was a woman asked me "How do you eat with those?" indicating my Dahlia pair. She thought it was one solid bar that went through my mouth like a horse bit. I just laughed wide to show her that there was nothing in my mouth to get in the way, then walked away.

It wasn't a question, but this came from a damn doctor.

"When you need to feed your children, you'll need to take those out."

The lady was trying to convince me that my piercings were plugging my nipples and would make it impossible to feed an infant. At first I was pissed that she assumed I was going to have kids, but then I was just flabbergasted by how incorrect her information was.

Eloquent Vampire

The Court of Owls
Jagger-Wolf

It wasn't a question, but this came from a damn doctor.

"When you need to feed your children, you'll need to take those out."

The lady was trying to convince me that my piercings were plugging my nipples and would make it impossible to feed an infant. At first I was pissed that she assumed I was going to have kids, but then I was just flabbergasted by how incorrect her information was.
That sort of assumption happens a LOT. It's recommended that you remove the jewelry when you do breastfeed so nothing comes off accidentally and the baby may swallow it or choke, but otherwise, there is nothing to worry about. You can easily breastfeed with jewelry in.

I ******** HATE the assumption that every woman WILL be having kids, if she doesn't have them now, she'll "change her mind" eventually. I've known since I was 13 that I didn't want kids, I'm 28 now and still don't want any. I don't think my "eventually" is coming. I told Tony I have three conditions that need to be met before we attempt to have kids, and until those three conditions are met, I don't wanna hear a SINGLE WORD about it.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Jagger-Wolf
That sort of assumption happens a LOT. It's recommended that you remove the jewelry when you do breastfeed so nothing comes off accidentally and the baby may swallow it or choke, but otherwise, there is nothing to worry about. You can easily breastfeed with jewelry in.

I ******** HATE the assumption that every woman WILL be having kids, if she doesn't have them now, she'll "change her mind" eventually. I've known since I was 13 that I didn't want kids, I'm 28 now and still don't want any. I don't think my "eventually" is coming. I told Tony I have three conditions that need to be met before we attempt to have kids, and until those three conditions are met, I don't wanna hear a SINGLE WORD about it.

I would replace the jewelry with a softer retainer, anyways, because of the potential damage that could be done to the gums and teeth, but yeah. There isn't a ******** tunnel where fluid comes out.

I agree on the kids. It's infuriating that every person I talk to says "Oh, you'll feel differently when you're older. You're a little young to really know what you're talking about." Like, the hell? I worked in childcare and babysat for 8 years. I know how disgusting, problematic and useless children are. I know that there are no benefits to having them other than the "Unconditional love" factor. Being around them every single day is enough experience for me to know what the hell I'm talking about.

Kyle said he wanted children, but he also knows how I feel. So it's tough crap on that one. I legitimately want to get my tubes tied, but every doctor in town I've talked to fed me the line and won't do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff