Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Kindly Giver

Jagger-Wolf
Whip out a ruler and get some measurements. 0ga is 8mm, as a reference. This is what 8mm looks like:
User Image

The larger ring next to it is 10ga/2.4mm and the smaller ring is 14ga/1.6mm.

All about stretching

Oh, okay. So then the size I'm thinking of would probably be what you'd consider the 'permanent' modification?

I might go out and try to find some earrings that create the illusion, to see how I like it first. I know they make them, I've seen someone with them and I asked if they were stretched, but they were just earrings. That'll probably be my first step, before I become more serious about it.

Thank you for your help and I'll save that link for when I need it. (:

Eloquent Vampire

Inorganic Adhesive
Jagger-Wolf
Whip out a ruler and get some measurements. 0ga is 8mm, as a reference. This is what 8mm looks like:
User Image

The larger ring next to it is 10ga/2.4mm and the smaller ring is 14ga/1.6mm.

All about stretching

Oh, okay. So then the size I'm thinking of would probably be what you'd consider the 'permanent' modification?

I might go out and try to find some earrings that create the illusion, to see how I like it first. I know they make them, I've seen someone with them and I asked if they were stretched, but they were just earrings. That'll probably be my first step, before I become more serious about it.

Thank you for your help and I'll save that link for when I need it. (:
Yes. 0ga/8mm should be considered permanent, in that you'll never shrink down as if you were never pierced, or to the tiny 20ga-18ga "standard" piercing size.

I've been this size for several years, gone a week and a half with no jewelry in my lobes, and suffered no shrinkage at all. Which is ironic considering every single other piercing I've had will close up in minutes if I take the jewelry out, no matter how old it is. I lost my 5 year old industrial in 30 minutes, and my 8 month old vertical labret in 10 minutes. My lobes, though, nothing seems to bother them.

Kindly Giver

Jagger-Wolf

Yeah, mine tend to close up pretty quickly so I don't like leaving anything out of them. I don't know about my nose piercing, because I've never left anything out of it for too long, but my ears close rapidly.

I'll try the earrings first then, to see how I like it. I can be indecisive and change my mind sometimes, but I ended up not doing that with my tattoos like I thought I would, so I really won't know unless I do it. But, I fully understand I'm doing it to myself, so if I don't like it, it's my own damn fault and I'll deal with the consequences should I decide to do it and end up not liking it.

But I don't rush into things, so I'll take the time to think it over and experiment with earrings that have larger decoration on them, to create the illusion that it's stretched, to see how I like it.

Thank you for your help!

Kindly Giver

Jagger, what's the website you like to use for jewelry? I need a good place to get some flatback labrets. I'm tired of my simple silver ball ones.

Eloquent Vampire

Inorganic Adhesive
Jagger, what's the website you like to use for jewelry? I need a good place to get some flatback labrets. I'm tired of my simple silver ball ones.
BAF.

www.bodyartforms.com

Kindly Giver

Jagger-Wolf
Inorganic Adhesive
BAF.

www.bodyartforms.com

Thank you! I thought it was BA something.

Kindly Giver

I told my mom today that I was wanting to stretch my ears and she was surprisingly cooler with it than I thought she'd be. First thing she asked me was "Just imagine yourself as an old lady in a nursing home..."

And I was like "Mom, I worked in a nursing home. I'm going to be wearing mismatched clothes and I'm not going to give a ******** what I did as a young adult. I think it'll be cool anyways."

So then she said, "Well, you're an adult, you can do what you want. It's your choice." And she wasn't just giving in either, I didn't even have to ask. She was cool with it.

So, now that I know she's okay with it, I'm probably going to do it now. (:

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
Anyone else get a warm n' fuzzy feeling when you're seeing someone with out any mods and they're like "Sooo, could you get me some info. on (insert mod.)?" I feel like it's a bonding thing...or I'm crazy, either is possible.

Kindly Giver

0oPICKITUPo0
Anyone else get a warm n' fuzzy feeling when you're seeing someone with out any mods and they're like "Sooo, could you get me some info. on (insert mod.)?" I feel like it's a bonding thing...or I'm crazy, either is possible.

I love it. xD When people ask me, that is. I mean, I only really have tattoos and basic ear piercings (and a nose piercing) so not too much. But I have people ask about my tattoos and my nose all the time. I love helping others about it. (:

Eloquent Vampire

0oPICKITUPo0
I like when someone seems genuinely interested in either your mods, mods in general, getting their own, etc. Like they want to learn how they're done, what healing is like, why you wanted that particular mod done, that kinda thing. It feels good to have conversations like that, and they're so rare.

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
i especially love it when it's older people. I had a woman at work asking me about my cheeks and microdermal, her husband had this look of "Oh lawd honey, shut up." and she was just like "Well, you look so nice I figured you wouldn't mind my asking."

The guy I'm dating has zero mods, and really hasn't had much interest in them...but now he's all "Take me to get a magnet!" and I went all daaaw face to that.

Kindly Giver

What are some other good sites to find glass plugs? I've seen a certain style with single flair that I really, really LOVED but BAF didn't have any like them, save for one pair that I kind of liked. I'm going to be really picky, apparently. Dx

EDIT: I'm finding it to be an awkward size that I'm going to, but I HAVE found some that I like in 6g. I just haven't found many that go this small, but I know it's not impossible.

Eloquent Vampire

Inorganic Adhesive
What are some other good sites to find glass plugs? I've seen a certain style with single flair that I really, really LOVED but BAF didn't have any like them, save for one pair that I kind of liked. I'm going to be really picky, apparently. Dx

EDIT: I'm finding it to be an awkward size that I'm going to, but I HAVE found some that I like in 6g. I just haven't found many that go this small, but I know it's not impossible.
https://www.glasswearstudios.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

http://www.getgorilla.com/things_landing.php

Kindly Giver

Jagger-Wolf
Inorganic Adhesive

THANK YOU! And I realized, I was thinking 6 was smaller again. I really need to keep remembering that 6 is larger. I know it in the back of my head, but the front doesn't want to accept it.

Eloquent Vampire

Inorganic Adhesive
Jagger-Wolf
Inorganic Adhesive

THANK YOU! And I realized, I was thinking 6 was smaller again. I really need to keep remembering that 6 is larger. I know it in the back of my head, but the front doesn't want to accept it.
You can do away with the entire confusing gauge system and just use the millimeters equivalent, it's much easier that way. You can use the reference chart on BAF, I know I do. At certain sizes the increase in measurement gets much more regular, like 1-2mm per size, rather than tenths of a mm at a time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff