Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

Intoxikace
Well mine was at 14ga for I think 4 years before I stretched it to 12ga sometime in August.
I honestly could have gone without the taper, it was that willing to be stretched. lol
You never know though.. thought that I might as well grab a taper because they aren't expensive and I could use it again in the future? >_<
We are trying to follow a budget right now, so I probably won't be placing another order until the boyfriend is done with school next spring. That's okay though, more time for it to be happy at 12ga!~
I like 6ga for a size.. I dunno how I decided on it, or why.. but I like it!

I saw those!~ They are super pretty. heart
I don't really like the idea of weights though... short term wear is fine, but I'd want to show those ******** off. redface
8ga is my goal for my conch, but I might go beyond that if I end up feeling like it. A pretty 0ga glass tunnel in there would be sweeeeet.

Sparkly Wench

That's the thing though!
You think you decide on a size.. then you either like a size you are at before you get to the "goal" or you get to the goal and want to go bigger!~ XD

Mmmm, yes!~ Just a solid clear glass plug. heart

Eloquent Vampire

I am BRILLIANT! I was just struck with a great variation on my Tourniquet Scarf. I can use a green for the ends and sky blue for the middle, make the "drips" go up instead of down, and sew on cute little flower buttons or beads for an awesomely cute spring scarf! Or blue and white and make each downward drip a snowflake trail, with snowflake beads or buttons. Adding single white stitches will look like tiny snowflakes in the distance. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!!!
Got my nipples done, I couldn't be more happier! It hurt a little bit more than when I got my eyebrow done. I was preparing for MUCH worse.

When can I start stretching them? I was pierced at 16ga because of how flat/shallow my nipples were before (at least that's what he told me) but I heard 12ga is safer for them.

Eloquent Vampire

2jane
Got my nipples done, I couldn't be more happier! It hurt a little bit more than when I got my eyebrow done. I was preparing for MUCH worse.

When can I start stretching them? I was pierced at 16ga because of how flat/shallow my nipples were before (at least that's what he told me) but I heard 12ga is safer for them.
To be safe, most people recommend not stretching a new piercing until it is at least 6 months old. For nipples, being surface piercings which tend to be bitchier than through-and-through types, I would wait longer still. Mine are 14ga and they're just fine.

After your initial stretch from 16ga to 14ga, I would wait at least another 4 months before going to 12ga. Better to wait too long than not long enough, you can never be too healed, after all. Which is why I always advise the longer end of average healing times.
Jagger-Wolf
2jane

To be safe, most people recommend not stretching a new piercing until it is at least 6 months old. For nipples, being surface piercings which tend to be bitchier than through-and-through types, I would wait longer still. Mine are 14ga and they're just fine.

After your initial stretch from 16ga to 14ga, I would wait at least another 4 months before going to 12ga. Better to wait too long than not long enough, you can never be too healed, after all. Which is why I always advise the longer end of average healing times.

Okay, thanks! emotion_yatta

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
I am BRILLIANT! I was just struck with a great variation on my Tourniquet Scarf. I can use a green for the ends and sky blue for the middle, make the "drips" go up instead of down, and sew on cute little flower buttons or beads for an awesomely cute spring scarf! Or blue and white and make each downward drip a snowflake trail, with snowflake beads or buttons. Adding single white stitches will look like tiny snowflakes in the distance. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!!!
That be cute. You could also maybe do a comet! and use small shiny buttons and dot the scar with stars.

My friend got me a knitted pokeball and blue slime from a local game store, one of the employees makes them 4laugh
http://littlemissspooked.tumblr.com/post/33875924607/list-of-things-ive-carved-into-my-skin

gonna leave this here.

Bashful Strawberry

So, there's going to be a body mod artist in town next month and I really want a heart-shaped dermal punch. However, Steve Haworth has stopped producing the punches and jewelry for it just because they weren't selling. The artist is Brian Decker, I emailed him about the procedure and he told me instead he would cut out the piece of cartilage and then stitch the outer rim of the cut front to back. I just wondered if anyone knew about the pain level of that? I mean, I know it's subjective and I would love to do this but I am really scared of the results.
Thoughts? Opinions?

Eloquent Vampire

Gummibear Pwns
So, there's going to be a body mod artist in town next month and I really want a heart-shaped dermal punch. However, Steve Haworth has stopped producing the punches and jewelry for it just because they weren't selling. The artist is Brian Decker, I emailed him about the procedure and he told me instead he would cut out the piece of cartilage and then stitch the outer rim of the cut front to back. I just wondered if anyone knew about the pain level of that? I mean, I know it's subjective and I would love to do this but I am really scared of the results.
Thoughts? Opinions?
With someone as good and legendary as Brian Decker doing the procedure, I'd imagine he's pretty damn good at it, and can minimize the pain as much as possible. I doubt it will be unbearable, just keep breathing, slow and deep and regular. 3nodding

Tipsy Explorer

Gummibear Pwns
Thoughts? Opinions?
To get an idea of the procedure, look up some ear pointing by the triangle cartilage removal. This will give you a good ideaa of what to expect.

Have you contacted Haworth to see if he'll make you a custom piece since you do want it done? Decker is amazing, but if you don't feel comfortable with the procedure, try e-mailing Haworth.

Eloquent Elocutionist

Helllllooo, all.

These are my tattoos and piercings:

"Livestrong"
User Image
"Imperfection is underrated" -Helena Bonham Carter
User Image
In memory of my grandparents:
User Image
Got my conch pierceddd I want to say around 3 months ago.
User Image

Anyway, my best friend/almost boyfriend (long story short we've been best friends for ten years and just started dating; he was my soulmate basically) just passed away in June, and I definitely want to get a memorial tattoo after him.

I was thinking of getting "And after all, you're my wonderwall" on my inner bicep. (Personal story).

Anyway, I've been struggling on whether I should put the date of his death as well. I'm not a fan of dates on tattoos, so I was thinking of maybe just putting his initials instead of his dates. I just wanted to hear other peoples opinions on this? And if I do decide to put the date of his death, would that mean that I should include his birth date as well? I know it's up to me, and I'm definitely not asking what I should do, just to hear opinions on it is all.

I think I want to do it in a Signerica sort of font, where it's feminine but not perfectly straight up and down.

Bashful Strawberry

Jagger-Wolf
Gummibear Pwns
Thoughts? Opinions?
With someone as good and legendary as Brian Decker doing the procedure, I'd imagine he's pretty damn good at it, and can minimize the pain as much as possible. I doubt it will be unbearable, just keep breathing, slow and deep and regular. 3nodding

I'm mostly just worried about the stitches. I have emailed him again about my worry of that.
My boyfriend is concerned, he doesn't want me to be put in a lot of pain over it. My sister has definitely put doubt in my head about it, but after sleeping on it, I still really want it done.

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Gummibear Pwns
To get an idea of the procedure, look up some ear pointing by the triangle cartilage removal. This will give you a good ideaa of what to expect.

Have you contacted Haworth to see if he'll make you a custom piece since you do want it done? Decker is amazing, but if you don't feel comfortable with the procedure, try e-mailing Haworth.

Ah, good idea, I'll check those out!
I haven't contacted Haworth, partly because he is almost 3000 miles away and is not going to even be near the east-coast any time soon from what I can see from his calender. Decker said Steve's not making the heart shaped plugs anymore, partly because they just weren't selling. I know the way Brian Decker wants to do it will be better for healing and keeping the actual shape of the cartilage removal so I don't HAVE to wear jewelry in it, but I would still like to put something in it, at least for special occasions. Like I mentioned to him in my second email that I was unsure of how easy it would be to get a plug that would fit, ya know? I know anatometal made a few based on Steve's punches, but I am not sure how easily I could get a completely custom piece made!

Tipsy Explorer

Gummibear Pwns
Jagger-Wolf
Gummibear Pwns
Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm mostly just worried about the stitches. I have emailed him again about my worry of that.
My boyfriend is concerned, he doesn't want me to be put in a lot of pain over it. My sister has definitely put doubt in my head about it, but after sleeping on it, I still really want it done.

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Gummibear Pwns

Ah, good idea, I'll check those out!
I haven't contacted Haworth, partly because he is almost 3000 miles away and is not going to even be near the east-coast any time soon from what I can see from his calender. Decker said Steve's not making the heart shaped plugs anymore, partly because they just weren't selling. I know the way Brian Decker wants to do it will be better for healing and keeping the actual shape of the cartilage removal so I don't HAVE to wear jewelry in it, but I would still like to put something in it, at least for special occasions. Like I mentioned to him in my second email that I was unsure of how easy it would be to get a plug that would fit, ya know? I know anatometal made a few based on Steve's punches, but I am not sure how easily I could get a completely custom piece made!
Sorry, wall of text continues, phone sucks at deleting sections.

Not to be too intrusive, but what state are you in? If it's close to PA, and you're still uneasy about Decker's way, look up Rev. Decay @ 717 Tattoo. He's on a personal basis with Haworth, he also does custom jewelry.
Is a tattoo supposed to feel bumpy while it heals?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff