Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Lonely Friend

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I got a new nosescrew. It's not a custom bent one, but it looks smaller I think. It's a U bend one while the one I'm currently wearing is an L bend. How do I get the new one in? If I can't figure it out I'll have to go back to the piercer. xD

Bashful Strawberry

Got my nipples pierced last night. NOT doing that again, but I am so glad I went through with it.

Bashful Strawberry

Sailorgalaxy
I got a new nosescrew. It's not a custom bent one, but it looks smaller I think. It's a U bend one while the one I'm currently wearing is an L bend. How do I get the new one in? If I can't figure it out I'll have to go back to the piercer. xD

Demure Doll

20,225 Points
  • Full Selection 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Punk Patrol 250
Ugh, I love when you try to give helpful advice to someone and they completely blow you off, like you're stupid. My sister got her belly button pierced for her 16th birthday. She got it done beginning of September, and stopped cleaning it around 1 week later, despite my warnings. So, it's been a little over a month and she is fully convinced that it's fully healed. I pulled up several resources online that say it can take anywhere from 6-12 months to be completely healed. She is already trying to change the jewelry. I tried to tell her the dangers of messing with the piercing so soon, and she freaks out on me. She tried to tell me that the piercer said it would already be healed after a month, despite me being back in the room with her, where he never said anything of the sort. It's so frustrating! She doesn't get that I'm trying to help. I've tried talking to her several times. I've just come to the conclusion that she'll just have to deal with the consequences herself. // sorry, sort of a rant.

In happier news, I'll be going to get my industrial pierced in 2 weeks! And I'm hoping to get my other nostril pierced after that heals, so I can have paired ones C:

Eloquent Vampire

Elusive Nightmare
Ugh, I love when you try to give helpful advice to someone and they completely blow you off, like you're stupid. My sister got her belly button pierced for her 16th birthday. She got it done beginning of September, and stopped cleaning it around 1 week later, despite my warnings. So, it's been a little over a month and she is fully convinced that it's fully healed. I pulled up several resources online that say it can take anywhere from 6-12 months to be completely healed. She is already trying to change the jewelry. I tried to tell her the dangers of messing with the piercing so soon, and she freaks out on me. She tried to tell me that the piercer said it would already be healed after a month, despite me being back in the room with her, where he never said anything of the sort. It's so frustrating! She doesn't get that I'm trying to help. I've tried talking to her several times. I've just come to the conclusion that she'll just have to deal with the consequences herself. // sorry, sort of a rant.

In happier news, I'll be going to get my industrial pierced in 2 weeks! And I'm hoping to get my other nostril pierced after that heals, so I can have paired ones C:
I've given up correcting people for the most part. I might try once or twice, but if they blow me off each time I'll just stop doing it. Some people refuse to listen to anything anyone says, because "I know my body better than you do!" is a common response. If someone asks for advice and takes it to heart and later thanks you for saving their piercing, there is hardly a better feeling. But for the most part, if people refuse to listen, even if they ASKED YOU for the advice in the first place, I'll just let them ******** up.

Demure Doll

20,225 Points
  • Full Selection 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Punk Patrol 250
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare

I've given up correcting people for the most part. I might try once or twice, but if they blow me off each time I'll just stop doing it. Some people refuse to listen to anything anyone says, because "I know my body better than you do!" is a common response. If someone asks for advice and takes it to heart and later thanks you for saving their piercing, there is hardly a better feeling. But for the most part, if people refuse to listen, even if they ASKED YOU for the advice in the first place, I'll just let them ******** up.

Yeah, that's where I'm sitting right now. It's just hard because it's my sister and I'm only trying to do what's best for her. It's her first piercing ( other than earlibes that were done as a baby) so she literally knows nothing other than "ooh this looks pretty". Good thing is, my mom knows I'm more knowledgeable about these things, so she's on my side, for now. My sister is incredibly stubborn about everything, but she doesn't get that it could have serious repercussions on her health. The week after she got it, she said that it was already healed because it looked healed. Needless to say, I pretty much face palmed. It's just crazy to me how little some people care about taking proper care of something that that. I got my nostril pierced last year, and I did everything I could to make sure it healed properly.

Eloquent Vampire

Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare

Yeah, that's where I'm sitting right now. It's just hard because it's my sister and I'm only trying to do what's best for her. It's her first piercing ( other than earlibes that were done as a baby) so she literally knows nothing other than "ooh this looks pretty". Good thing is, my mom knows I'm more knowledgeable about these things, so she's on my side, for now. My sister is incredibly stubborn about everything, but she doesn't get that it could have serious repercussions on her health. The week after she got it, she said that it was already healed because it looked healed. Needless to say, I pretty much face palmed. It's just crazy to me how little some people care about taking proper care of something that that. I got my nostril pierced last year, and I did everything I could to make sure it healed properly.
Healed after a week? Ask her if she's Wolverine, and see if she gets the joke. I doubt it, but will be worth the lol's when she stares at you dumbly.

At this point, throw your hands up and say "******** it. I've tried, and you refuse to listen. So continue to ******** up, but do not come to me when the piercing rejects, when it gets infected, or some other disaster happens. You've CHOSEN to ignore me every other time in the past, so I now CHOOSE to not help you because it won't matter." And just let her screw up. Some people only learn through error.

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
Healed after a week? Ask her if she's Wolverine, and see if she gets the joke. I doubt it, but will be worth the lol's when she stares at you dumbly.
I lol'd.

Demure Doll

20,225 Points
  • Full Selection 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Punk Patrol 250
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare

At this point, throw your hands up and say "******** it. I've tried, and you refuse to listen. So continue to ******** up, but do not come to me when the piercing rejects, when it gets infected, or some other disaster happens. You've CHOSEN to ignore me every other time in the past, so I now CHOOSE to not help you because it won't matter." And just let her screw up. Some people only learn through error.

Loved the Wolverine bit. But, thanks for working through this with me. I needed to rant a bit :<
Anyhow, you guys have any tips on giving my industrial the best chance of healing properly? I'm going to ask the piercer to start me off with 2 smaller pieces instead of the actual longer bar.

Eloquent Vampire

Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare

Loved the Wolverine bit. But, thanks for working through this with me. I needed to rant a bit :<
Anyhow, you guys have any tips on giving my industrial the best chance of healing properly? I'm going to ask the piercer to start me off with 2 smaller pieces instead of the actual longer bar.
I healed my industrial with the one long barbell just fine, but many do recommend the two shorter ones. Two flatback labrets should be perfect. It's more just your preference and your piercer's, but when in doubt, go the safer route of the two short barbells. No rings.

Demure Doll

20,225 Points
  • Full Selection 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Punk Patrol 250
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare

I healed my industrial with the one long barbell just fine, but many do recommend the two shorter ones. Two flatback labrets should be perfect. It's more just your preference and your piercer's, but when in doubt, go the safer route of the two short barbells. No rings.

Alright, thanks! The only thing that worries me is the pain. I've heard that it's a more painful piercing, but I've got a pretty good pain tolerance. I'll be sure to come back and post pictures and ask any questions that I have.

Eloquent Vampire

Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare
Jagger-Wolf
Elusive Nightmare

Alright, thanks! The only thing that worries me is the pain. I've heard that it's a more painful piercing, but I've got a pretty good pain tolerance. I'll be sure to come back and post pictures and ask any questions that I have.
When I had mine done, I would put it in my top three most painful piercings, but nothing that was unbearable. It was more of a shock, and something I'd never encountered before so I had no idea what to expect. I also went to a semi-hack who's technique was atrocious, so it probably hurt more than it should have.

Demure Doll

20,225 Points
  • Full Selection 200
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Punk Patrol 250
Yeah, I've never had an ear cartilage piercing before, so I'm not sure what to expect. However, I'm willing to go through that bit of pain to get the piercings that I want.
AisuKisaki
Got inked yesterday. For the last decade I have been dealing with major depression and ptsd. A few months ago some very traumatic things happened, one being my friend passed away. A ouroboros is traditionally used to represent the cycle of life. To me it represents where there is an end, there is a new beginning. You know the saying, it's not the end of the world. This is a reminder to myself that I was able to survive and move past the events of the past. If I can overcome something as bad as that, I can overcome more things. Somethings in my life might end, but when that door closes another is open. May not be what I had originally planned in my life, but it's definitely not the end.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So friggin awesome. I love the s**t out of your tattoo. I never would have thought of an ouroboros looking like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff