Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

When I say 3/4 drugstore and 1/4 high end, I'm referring solely to the makeup haha.
Mine also had a salon in back, a large selection of perfumes, a decent section of nail polish, various hair items, hair colour (both Punky and box colour) and hair tools.

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3

When I say professional, I mean it's a size, and it says so on the packaging.
It's not a special formula, just a professional kit size.
But yeah, that's weird.
I'll be really surprised if they keep the prices like that even into the next month.
They'd be really ******** dumb to do so.
Then again, this is Utah we're talking about... lol
Nope, it was this. Exactly this, the same stuff I bought a year ago at another Ulta outside of town for about $16, I think.:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Most things in this town are dumb. It is the ONLY place to go grocery shopping, Wal-Mart shopping, whatever, within at least a 40-60 minute drive. They know that, so they jack up the prices on everything. It's bullshit.
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3

But yeah, that's weird.
I'll be really surprised if they keep the prices like that even into the next month.
Nope, it was this. Exactly this, the same stuff I bought a year ago at another Ulta outside of town for about $16, I think.:

Most things in this town are dumb. It is the ONLY place to go grocery shopping, Wal-Mart shopping, whatever, within at least a 40-60 minute drive. They know that, so they jack up the prices on everything. It's bullshit.

[******** SERIOUSLY?!
THOSE OLD a** CONTAINERS THAT ARE DISCONTINUED?!
WHAT THE ACTUAL ********?

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3

But yeah, that's weird.

[******** SERIOUSLY?!
I really don't know. Maybe they got in on the last batches made and are jacking up the price to get the most out of them?

There were also these, marked at the same price:

Not sure if there is a difference between the old ones and the new, other than the container. Nothing on the shelf or the box indicated they were anything other than the old formula, just in a new container.
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3

But yeah, that's weird.

[******** SERIOUSLY?!
I really don't know. Maybe they got in on the last batches made and are jacking up the price to get the most out of them?

There were also these, marked at the same price:

Not sure if there is a difference between the old ones and the new, other than the container. Nothing on the shelf or the box indicated they were anything other than the old formula, just in a new container.

No, the formula didn't change, just the packaging.
The first one was the old package that everyone hated, and then they came out with the squeezable tube packaging.
They've discontinued the old hard tube and have been getting rid of them for months now.
I guess there's a s**t ton of them still left.
The regular size new packaging eyeshadow primers should have been $20, not $31.
That's ********.

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3
No, the formula didn't change, just the packaging.
The first one was the old package that everyone hated, and then they came out with the squeezable tube packaging.
They've discontinued the old hard tube and have been getting rid of them for months now.
I guess there's a s**t ton of them still left.
The regular size new packaging eyeshadow primers should have been $20, not $31.
That's ********.
I bought a hard bottle one about a year ago, and it was about $16, if I remember right. $20 would be the maximum price I'd be willing to pay for the stuff, but even then I'd be iffy.

$31 is a joke. They need to straighten their s**t out fast if they wanna stay in business in this town.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Ulta by me had a salon. The women looked kinda snooty. The makeup ladies were sweet though! They had a decent nail polish selection. The hair dye was eh.

Eloquent Vampire

The Fetish Faerie
The Ulta by me had a salon. The women looked kinda snooty. The makeup ladies were sweet though! They had a decent nail polish selection. The hair dye was eh.
This one had a big salon in the back too. Like 6 chairs and everything. I heard them making comments on my purple hair while I was browsing nail polish, most of it was neutral or negative.

I sure won't be visiting THEM if I need any salon services. stare

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jagger-Wolf
The Fetish Faerie
This one had a big salon in the back too. Like 6 chairs and everything. I heard them making comments on my purple hair while I was browsing nail polish, most of it was neutral or negative.

Wow, what a great way to make business. talk2hand The one by me only had like 3 chairs. They didn't carry Special effects hair dye emo I so wanted to try it.

Eloquent Vampire

The Fetish Faerie
Jagger-Wolf
The Fetish Faerie

Wow, what a great way to make business. talk2hand The one by me only had like 3 chairs. They didn't carry Special effects hair dye emo I so wanted to try it.
I didn't even bother looking at their hair colors that day, it was the end of a long shopping day and if I even made eye contact with the girls I would either burst into tears, or rip them all new assholes, neither of which I wanted to do. I just ignored it and moved on. They did have a HUGE wall full of drug-store box dyes, though. Maybe next week I'll go back in and look better, if they do for whatever reason carry Special Effects in purple, I'm totally snatching it up.
I don't think Ulta carries SFX.
It would be online if they did, like how Punky is.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
LUX AURUMQU3
I don't think Ulta carries SFX.
It would be online if they did, like how Punky is.

emotion_donotwant
Edit: They did carry Punky and Splat. I looked at the tin of Punky and it looked like I would need a lot to of it.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jagger-Wolf
The Fetish Faerie
Jagger-Wolf
The Fetish Faerie

I didn't even bother looking at their hair colors that day, it was the end of a long shopping day and if I even made eye contact with the girls I would either burst into tears, or rip them all new assholes, neither of which I wanted to do. I just ignored it and moved on. They did have a HUGE wall full of drug-store box dyes, though. Maybe next week I'll go back in and look better, if they do for whatever reason carry Special Effects in purple, I'm totally snatching it up.

I love your avie. It reminds me a bit of Samppa von Cyborg from the BAF calendar.

Eloquent Vampire

The Fetish Faerie
Jagger-Wolf
The Fetish Faerie
Jagger-Wolf
The Fetish Faerie

I love your avie. It reminds me a bit of Samppa von Cyborg from the BAF calendar.
Really? *looks at my BAF calendar* Yeah, it kinda does, huh? That was not my intention when I made it, just wanted something a little different.

Sparkly Wench

Special Effects, Punky, and Manic Panic are all pretty much the same in terms of jar size, and application. lol
The good news is that with those dyes you can use a bit then close the jar and use more later!~ So if you are only doing a small chunk of your hair a jar can last for months and months!~ If you are doing your whole head and you have long hair? You'll probably need more.

My experience with punky was pretty awesome though.. I did only wash my hair 1-2 times a week, but there was very VERY little fading.. so after the first initial colouring I would only have to touch up small areas a month or two later!~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff