Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf
Woke up with a fat a** lump of HT scarring on the front of my conch this morning. Been treating it with TTO all day, with only mild improvement. The little bit on the back is mostly gone, but this new bit on the front is not cute. All big and round and squishy and almost shiny. a*****e HT scarring. stare Will try aspirin pastes tomorrow if there's no improvement in the morning.

Don't forget the advice you give others all the time.
It can take days, weeks, or even months to get rid of it.
It'll be gone eventually. heart
Oh I know, but seeing as this literally sprouted over 12-18 hours, I'm assuming it's just got a bit of dust in there, or I slept on it, or I whacked it too hard with my shower towel, something like that. It hasn't had a lot of time to build up and harden up, you know? The only HT scarring I've ever had a lasting problem with was my industiral's, which now that it's gone, the HT scarring disappeared completely. I'm hoping that this isn't the same thing, I am REALLY hoping it's not, but I'll keep on the TTO and/or aspirin pastes and it should hopefully clear up soon enough.

Sparkly Wench

If you notice it early and start treating it early, it's not going to last long. n_n heart
I always get little bumps/lumps on my cartilage piercings.. as soon as I notice something is wonky I just throw some TTO on there, never turns into anything huge!~
Jagger-Wolf
oh.. alright. thanks. you're always so informative.

Tipsy Businesswoman

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200

Tipsy Explorer

Angry bridge is angry emotion_donotwant

Tipsy Explorer

My Morgan Freeman! I just read something horrible on my awesome modifier's facebook. A mall near him has a kiosk that sells needles. This is terrifying on two levels: uno) we've moved on from horrible guns, but now were giving untrained "kids" needles. Which means they can offer more piercings B) they're selling the damn things! Promoting nastyick home s**t.

He's also had an influx of people coming in trying to buy needles and jewelry to use at home. Obviously, being sexy and awesome, he's like "******** you". I told him to start handing them MRSA flyers with lovely photos.

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
My Morgan Freeman! I just read something horrible on my awesome modifier's facebook. A mall near him has a kiosk that sells needles. This is terrifying on two levels: uno) we've moved on from horrible guns, but now were giving untrained "kids" needles. Which means they can offer more piercings B) they're selling the damn things! Promoting nastyick home s**t.

He's also had an influx of people coming in trying to buy needles and jewelry to use at home. Obviously, being sexy and awesome, he's like "******** you". I told him to start handing them MRSA flyers with lovely photos.
This is another reason I want this body mod trend to die already. It's not a harmless trend that will just fade out anymore, this is DANGEROUS. I'm shocked we haven't been hearing about influxes of horrible infections to hospitals at all.

I wish there was something that could be done to stop the sale of needles. Like you have to prove your professional shop status before you can order needles, and it should be illegal to sell them to anyone once the shop has them. If only. Maybe once more kids die of MRSA and other infections they'll get their asses in gear.

Lonely Friend

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Jagger-Wolf
Sailorgalaxy
Jagger-Wolf
Sailorgalaxy
Jagger-Wolf
Sailorgalaxy

Why downsize?
It keeps sliding back and forth, in and out, that means it's too long for you. If it keeps spinning/rotating, it may also not be tight enough on the inside. It's best to get it looked at and see what a piercer can do for you, downsizing and readjusting the coil on the inside of the screw will probably be included, or at least checked.

OH, sorry, I got confused on what you meant. Yeah, it definitely needs to be downsized. I just hope my piercer can do this..
They should. It should only cost you the price of a new piece of jewelry, many will do any fitting and replacing of jewelry for free if you buy the piece on site.

Well, I know that their jewelry selection isn't that great and I don't think the piercers are the most competent. That's why I question whether they can even do this for me. Unfortunately, this is the best shop in town.
Try it yourself. Or get a flatback labret stud in the right gauge and length you need and order it offline. If you push the inside of the jewelry flush against the inside of your nose, however much is hanging out is how much you need to subtract when you buy the next size. So if the one you're wearing now is, say, is 4mm long, and you have an excess of 1mm when you push the back flush, you'll need to order a 3mm length.

I sent the shop a message on FB about whether they could custom bend one for me and they said they could. So I guess I'll be good. Hopefully.

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
This is another reason I want this body mod trend to die already. It's not a harmless trend that will just fade out anymore, this is DANGEROUS. I'm shocked we haven't been hearing about influxes of horrible infections to hospitals at all.

I wish there was something that could be done to stop the sale of needles. Like you have to prove your professional shop status before you can order needles, and it should be illegal to sell them to anyone once the shop has them. If only. Maybe once more kids die of MRSA and other infections they'll get their asses in gear.
As soon as MRSA and other staph infections replace childhood obesity as Americas epidemic maybe some health regulations will be set up. However, I'm sure this will piss off some fetish communities who order hypo-needles n' s**t online for play. Then again, the hardcore people into that probably have numerous professional friends who would help them out. Plus the serious fetish-ers pretty much "know" what they're doing.

IDK man, I'm just sick of this whole "I'm a badass, I do my own piercings 'cause my parents suck!" attitude. No respect that's all it comes down to. For their bodies or the community.

Not gonna lie, after seeing the prices of "professional" tattoo machine kits on ebay, I want one. To ink up some fruits, brah! I would never be a scratcher, just hopefully a leg up if I ever find another apprenticeship.

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Jagger-Wolf

As soon as MRSA and other staph infections replace childhood obesity as Americas epidemic maybe some health regulations will be set up. However, I'm sure this will piss off some fetish communities who order hypo-needles n' s**t online for play. Then again, the hardcore people into that probably have numerous professional friends who would help them out. Plus the serious fetish-ers pretty much "know" what they're doing.

IDK man, I'm just sick of this whole "I'm a badass, I do my own piercings 'cause my parents suck!" attitude. No respect that's all it comes down to. For their bodies or the community.

Not gonna lie, after seeing the prices of "professional" tattoo machine kits on ebay, I want one. To ink up some fruits, brah! I would never be a scratcher, just hopefully a leg up if I ever find another apprenticeship.
It is a respect thing. I also don't understand the overwhelming driving NEED for body mods that a lot of these kids seem to have. They can't wait another year or two to be of age and get it done professionally, they HAVE to have these things NOW or they'll die. I wanted my traditional labret done when I was 16, but I never once entertained the thought of doing it myself in any way. I knew I had to wait until I was 18, and by then I'd lost interest for the most part. Then I had jobs that wouldn't allow it, so it was pushed even farther back into my mind. Didn't get it done until I was 23.

Maybe it's because I'm not, and never was, a "trendy kid". I never understood trendy things and never saw the need for them. But I know a lot of people DO like trends, and body mods is a big trend right now. Getting home done piercings is like getting knock off brand names, you know? Can't afford the $200 Prada bag? Get the $30 one from Macy's that looks just like it and hope no one looks too closely at it. It might fall apart easier than the brand name, discolor, the metal bits might corrode or discolor, but at least it'll look good for a little while and most people will believe it for that little while.

I'm just giving up caring anymore. I'll roll my eyes at people who do it, discourage it whenever it's brought up directly, and will continue to educate the best way I can and any way I can. But it's going to happen regardless, and if people refuse to listen, then I will keep them out of my life. I don't need that stress and negativity anymore. I'm through.

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
To each, their own. If they're dead set on doing it, they'll do it. That's why I at least try to give decent aftercare info and list warning signs to home jabbers. I don't like my body, but freemandamn, one reason I get mods because I feel more attractive with them. Which means, I'm not happy with my shitty work. So why are these people so in love with their crooked a** misplaced jabs?

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Jagger-Wolf
To each, their own. If they're dead set on doing it, they'll do it. That's why I at least try to give decent aftercare info and list warning signs to home jabbers. I don't like my body, but freemandamn, one reason I get mods because I feel more attractive with them. Which means, I'm not happy with my shitty work. So why are these people so in love with their crooked a** misplaced jabs?
Exactly. Get modified to enhance/emphasize parts of you that you do like, and/or get modified to like parts of yourself that you don't.

I hate my mouth. Always have. Teeth, lips, width, shape, all of it I've always hated. As soon as I got my first labret done, just a traditional center labret, I LOVED my mouth. It was suddenly beautiful to me and I couldn't stop showing it off. When I got my Dahlia's done it was even better, they gave the illusion that my mouth was wider and curled up just a little bit in the corners, and it was even better. I still have some issues with my mouth, but I don't sit around and feel so horrible about it anymore. It was so bad that I was constantly sent to school counselors for being depressed. I would always hang my head, never smile, never talk to people, because I didn't want anyone to ever see my mouth or even acknowledge it.

But I 80% love it now. I'll probably never fully love or accept my mouth for what it is, but at least I can modify it so it's beautiful to my eyes. The only ones that count in the end.

Tipsy Explorer

^ Exactly! I'd rather feel like people are staring/judging me based on my modifications, rather than all the things I hate about myself.

So, forgot my retainers XD sans-balls today which is creepy looking. New manager is an arrogant p***k. He "doesn't know about my tattoos" he thinks they're "going to offend somebody". Tthat's cool, he doesn't have to like them. The problem: he didn't confront me about them, oh no! He told this to a co-worker. I can't stand that in the work place. If youu have a problem with me...TELL ME.

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
^ Exactly! I'd rather feel like people are staring/judging me based on my modifications, rather than all the things I hate about myself.

So, forgot my retainers XD sans-balls today which is creepy looking. New manager is an arrogant p***k. He "doesn't know about my tattoos" he thinks they're "going to offend somebody". Tthat's cool, he doesn't have to like them. The problem: he didn't confront me about them, oh no! He told this to a co-worker. I can't stand that in the work place. If youu have a problem with me...TELL ME.
Seriously. Boyfriend dealt with something similar just yesterday; managers having issues but not confronting him directly about it. It's such a low and childish thing to do. Don't be an a*****e about it, but tell ME directly rather than telling everyone else behind my back. I absolutely cannot stand that s**t.

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo

Seriously. Boyfriend dealt with something similar just yesterday; managers having issues but not confronting him directly about it. It's such a low and childish thing to do. Don't be an a*****e about it, but tell ME directly rather than telling everyone else behind my back. I absolutely cannot stand that s**t.
The managers here are nowhere need qualified to be in the position. They can't handle employee issues properly. I've already been given the okay by higher levels than him to cuff my sleeves in the summer outside, and until I get a standard tie, it's in the policy that my top button be undone while wearing the scarf. Can't wait until he see's all my jewelry in!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff