Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Sparkly Wench

I tend to use it right before bed since that way I'm not going to be messing with my hair or accidentally scratching the area!~
The boyfriend says that it makes me smell like a dirty pine tree! >_< Although he uses a tea tree oil face wash from The Body Shop! XD

I loooove the smell though! It's right up there with coconut. ;D
pretty sure Ive asked this before, but I had my ears stretched to 6ga for like, 4-5 months, then at 4ga for a few weeks when I took out my plugs and let them shrink up. Not for any particular reason. I decided to stretch back up, and my ears only shrunk down to a 10ga. About a week later, I tried the 8ga and it slid in perfectly. That was a littl eover a week ago and I just put in a 6ga plug and it didnt hurt at all. No resistance either. Its been a few hours and there isnt even any swelling. Is it bad to stretch this fast even though I was stretched up before and I dont feel any pain/pressure?

Sparkly Wench

In my opinion it's fine! If there is no pain, soreness, or swelling after the stretches then clearly your body is happy with it.
Any pain, soreness or swelling then you should stop for at least a month to give your earlobes a break. n_n

Dapper Gekko

Should I be concerned about sweat getting on horn jewelry? During my workout, I've felt my earlobes and they feel moist. Maybe I shouldn't wear horn to the gym?

Then this brings me to my next query about switching plugs several times a day. If I wear titanium to the gym, get home, switch to horn, switch to titanium when I shower (I don't want my 8ga lobes shrinking and making reinsertion difficult), and then switch back to horn when I sleep, and pretty much do that for the week... how does that sound, or is that too much changing of jewelry?

Sparkly Wench

I wouldn't be too worried about the sweat unless you are dripping with it! XD
A little bit of moisture isn't going to ruin them, but if you are wearing them to the gym constantly and you are really sweaty then it might be best to wear something less delicate.
Depending on your schedule, if you could it would be best to just pop horn in after you shower, then before you go to the gym pop in titanium, then leave the titanium in your ears until after you shower? That way you aren't constantly changing jewelry!

Dapper Gekko

Intoxikace
I wouldn't be too worried about the sweat unless you are dripping with it! XD
A little bit of moisture isn't going to ruin them, but if you are wearing them to the gym constantly and you are really sweaty then it might be best to wear something less delicate.
Depending on your schedule, if you could it would be best to just pop horn in after you shower, then before you go to the gym pop in titanium, then leave the titanium in your ears until after you shower? That way you aren't constantly changing jewelry!

I'm so glad I'm not one of those super sweaty types! But I think I'd rather not risk slowly damaging the jewelry over time, so I'll change the jewelry, but limit how many times I do it. I want the redness and slight tenderness to go away so my lobes can look good naked, even if I'm the only one seeing them. Hnnnnnggggg! xD

Sparkly Wench

Yah, true enough! Probably best to not make a habit out of wearing them at the gym!~
It's not like in the shower.. but at the same time it could damage them over time?

Has the redness gone down at all since wearing horn?

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
Woke up to embedding fml back to the 1/2" bar and 4mm balls.

sn: I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey lol it's hilarious.

Dapper Gekko

Intoxikace
Yah, true enough! Probably best to not make a habit out of wearing them at the gym!~
It's not like in the shower.. but at the same time it could damage them over time?

Has the redness gone down at all since wearing horn?

I haven't ordered them yet. I'm waiting for the sale, since I have something else I want to get. I just wanted to ask in advance because I like to be prepared, heh. Just today, I decided to wear my horn dinosaurs from BAF. I can't sleep in them, but I'm hoping that it will help diminish the redness. How long does it take for the redness to go away when you wear glass or steel for too long? I'm kind of expecting my lobes to take a bit longer, as I've had glass and metal in them since I got them pierced, which was about five months ago.

Mega Sex Symbol

I have my navel and anti-navel pierced, I got them on January 4th.
They are still getting crusties and is starting to smell.
Also sometimes if i try to clean it i will get a weird blood blister type thing that starts to pop out of it.
I read online to take the piercing out and disinfect it, but my piercing it not fully healed I don't think.
So, i'm not really sure what to do

Eloquent Vampire

iFun Size
Also sometimes if i try to clean it i will get a weird blood blister type thing that starts to pop out of it.
I read online to take the piercing out and disinfect it, but my piercing it not fully healed I don't think.
Never remove jewelry from a piercing unless you plan to retire it completely. Other than for switching jewelry, removal is a bad option.

What is your cleaning method and routine?

The bubble is most likely HT scarring, or Hypertrophic scarring. Here is how to treat it from my blog post on the subject:

"Hypertrophic scarring, or HT scarring for short, is actually much more common. It is also called the “piercing bump, piercing pimple, or piercing lump”. Unlike keloids, HT scarring doesn’t continue to grow beyond the initial wound site, and once it reaches a certain level or height it will usually stop and just remain there. They can sometimes be painful, but are more sore than actually painful. Hypertropic scars are usually raised a bit, usually reddish in color, but don’t go beyond the original wound. These scars, at least on piercings, are caused by trauma to the piercing, sleeping on it, pulling on it, constant movement of jewelry, etc. They can also be caused by metal allergies. The first step in treating HT scarring is to figure out what’s causing it, and rectify that. If you’re wearing rings in your piercing, switch them out for barbells instead since barbells do not allow for movement the way rings do. Do not sleep on the side that your piercing is on, be very aware that you are not catching the jewelry on a hairbrush, earphones, you’re not playing with it, etc. If you think you may be having metal allergy reactions, switch the jewelry for something non-metallic, or opt for titanium or niobium, if you must wear metal, since both contain no nickel.

There are two most effective treatments for HT scarring, and both are very easy to do. The first one is Tea Tree oil. This amazing oil does everything; it’s antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic. It can even help treat acne. However, some find that direct undiluted applications of Tea Tree oil can cause allergic reactions on their skin. So, before treating HT scarring on piercings, do a test patch on your skin. Dab straight oil onto the underside of your wrist or elbow, and leave for 24-48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you should be just fine to use it.

For the purposes of treating HT scarring, dab Tea Tree oil onto the scar after every sea salt soak you perform each day. If you would like to dilute the oil, you may do so with another carrier oil, do not mix with water (remember 3rd grade science, everyone, you can’t mix oil and water!). A great oil to mix with Tea Tree is Jojoba or Vitamin E, both of which will also help keep your skin from drying out from the Tea Tree oil. Continue to apply the oil until the scarring disappates, this can take weeks or even months depending on the severity of the scarring, how long it’s been there, and what you’re doing to stop it from recurring. As the oil starts to take effect, it will dry out the scarring cause it to peel away. Do not pick at the peeling skin. Continue salt soaks and Tea Tree oil treatments until the scarring is completely gone. Mixing the Tea Tree with a carrier oil, like Jojoba or Vitamin E, can help prevent the drying out of the skin, but can also make treatment take longer. Once the oil is on, do not wipe it off, do not wash it off, just leave it alone to air dry.

A few words of warning about Tea Tree oil, however. It is considered toxic if consumed, so do not use this method for inside of the mouth treatments. It is also deadly to cats, so keep it locked away from your furry friends. Do not purchase Tea Tree oil if it is not in a black or dark brown glass bottle, since sunlight can degrade the oil. The best way to get it is in its organic, pure, essential oil formula, and it is available nearly everywhere. You can get it from grocery stores, drug stores, health food and supply stores; I have never not found it when I’ve been looking.

The second method is the aspirin paste method. Crush one plain, uncoated aspirin tablet as finely as you can. You can also sometimes find aspirin powder in small packets, this works just as well, just use one packet as you would for one pill. Add a single drop of water at a time to the powder or crushed pill until it forms a paste. Apply this paste to the scarring, allow it to air dry for about 5 to 7 minutes, and then rinse off. This method is safe for inside of the mouth treatments, it just doesn’t taste very good. This is also known as an effective spot treatment for pimples and acne."

Sparkly Wench

Doesn't take long for the redness to go away.
Like I'll wear the horn for two days, my earlobes look super awesome when it comes out.
Then I wear steel for two days and it's red again. XD

Makes sense that you are waiting for the sale. >_<

Mega Sex Symbol

Jagger-Wolf
iFun Size
Never remove jewelry from a piercing unless you plan to retire it completely. Other than for switching jewelry, removal is a bad option.

What is your cleaning method and routine?

The bubble is most likely HT scarring, or Hypertrophic scarring. Here is how to treat it from my blog post on the subject:

"Hypertrophic scarring, or HT scarring for short, is actually much more common. It is also called the “piercing bump, piercing pimple, or piercing lump”. Unlike keloids, HT scarring doesn’t continue to grow beyond the initial wound site, and once it reaches a certain level or height it will usually stop and just remain there. They can sometimes be painful, but are more sore than actually painful. Hypertropic scars are usually raised a bit, usually reddish in color, but don’t go beyond the original wound. These scars, at least on piercings, are caused by trauma to the piercing, sleeping on it, pulling on it, constant movement of jewelry, etc. They can also be caused by metal allergies. The first step in treating HT scarring is to figure out what’s causing it, and rectify that. If you’re wearing rings in your piercing, switch them out for barbells instead since barbells do not allow for movement the way rings do. Do not sleep on the side that your piercing is on, be very aware that you are not catching the jewelry on a hairbrush, earphones, you’re not playing with it, etc. If you think you may be having metal allergy reactions, switch the jewelry for something non-metallic, or opt for titanium or niobium, if you must wear metal, since both contain no nickel.

There are two most effective treatments for HT scarring, and both are very easy to do. The first one is Tea Tree oil. This amazing oil does everything; it’s antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic. It can even help treat acne. However, some find that direct undiluted applications of Tea Tree oil can cause allergic reactions on their skin. So, before treating HT scarring on piercings, do a test patch on your skin. Dab straight oil onto the underside of your wrist or elbow, and leave for 24-48 hours. If no reaction occurs, you should be just fine to use it.

For the purposes of treating HT scarring, dab Tea Tree oil onto the scar after every sea salt soak you perform each day. If you would like to dilute the oil, you may do so with another carrier oil, do not mix with water (remember 3rd grade science, everyone, you can’t mix oil and water!). A great oil to mix with Tea Tree is Jojoba or Vitamin E, both of which will also help keep your skin from drying out from the Tea Tree oil. Continue to apply the oil until the scarring disappates, this can take weeks or even months depending on the severity of the scarring, how long it’s been there, and what you’re doing to stop it from recurring. As the oil starts to take effect, it will dry out the scarring cause it to peel away. Do not pick at the peeling skin. Continue salt soaks and Tea Tree oil treatments until the scarring is completely gone. Mixing the Tea Tree with a carrier oil, like Jojoba or Vitamin E, can help prevent the drying out of the skin, but can also make treatment take longer. Once the oil is on, do not wipe it off, do not wash it off, just leave it alone to air dry.

A few words of warning about Tea Tree oil, however. It is considered toxic if consumed, so do not use this method for inside of the mouth treatments. It is also deadly to cats, so keep it locked away from your furry friends. Do not purchase Tea Tree oil if it is not in a black or dark brown glass bottle, since sunlight can degrade the oil. The best way to get it is in its organic, pure, essential oil formula, and it is available nearly everywhere. You can get it from grocery stores, drug stores, health food and supply stores; I have never not found it when I’ve been looking.

The second method is the aspirin paste method. Crush one plain, uncoated aspirin tablet as finely as you can. You can also sometimes find aspirin powder in small packets, this works just as well, just use one packet as you would for one pill. Add a single drop of water at a time to the powder or crushed pill until it forms a paste. Apply this paste to the scarring, allow it to air dry for about 5 to 7 minutes, and then rinse off. This method is safe for inside of the mouth treatments, it just doesn’t taste very good. This is also known as an effective spot treatment for pimples and acne."

Well i have had it for so long, so i just clean all the crusties off with some water or with my nail.
and thank you for that, it does seem like that is what it is. It's prob because i do play with it a bit too much.

Eloquent Vampire

iFun Size
There's a big part of your problem: you're not cleaning it, and you're picking at it with dirty fingernails.

You have to keep sea salt soaking it, no matter how old it is. Even piercings that are years old can still come down with infection and irritation, so you have to keep cleaning them regularly. It's not as important to clean older piercings as it is new ones, so instead of 2-3 cleanings a day just one is usually enough. So do a sea salt soak once a day, maybe 2 if it's really irritated and sore and red, and keep your dirty hands away from it. Never pick a piercing, that's just gross.

Dapper Gekko

After wearing these dinosaurs for the day, I had trouble reinserting my titanium jewelry in one of my lobes. It turns out that one of the dinosaurs' tails is smaller than 8ga. Because the jewelry is hand carved, I know that the gauge won't be perfect, but when I just look at the jewelry, I can see the discrepancy, which seems greater than 0.5mm stated on BAF. I guess there's nothing I can really do about that, huh? I'm not willing to buy another pair... Hopefully when my ears aren't red and tender, it won't matter so much when I change jewelry and have to slightly stretch my ear back up. At the moment, my right lobe is sore from having to push the jewelry back in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff