Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8873 8874 8875 > >> >>> »|

"Rarely do members of the same family grow up under the same roof"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Disclaimer*
I am NOT A professional tattoo artist, Body Piercer, Surgeon or anything of that nature, nor do I claim to be.
Be advised that I answer questions that I feel I have sufficient knowledge to answer. Im currently employed as a full time Medical Assistant (MA). I am on my way to becoming a Registered Nurse (RN) and, Body Modification is a big Interest of mine.
I do ALOT of research on the topic. I get my information from various sources, be it Professionals, magazines, or BME and other such websites.
You can either take it or leave it. This thread is to serve as a place for people to talk, as well as ask questions, or just come for advice.

It's up to you what you do with the Information you find here, If you have any kind of doubts, it is ALWAYS best to talk to a reputable, professional artist in your area.

I have only 1 rule for this whole big thread......
-Be respectful of people's views and opinions.
We're (Mostly) all adults here. Piercing/Tattoos/Other Modifications are for the most part, An adult subject.
It's one thing to have a viewpoint, it's another to be a Douchebag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
we the modified hold that we are a distinct subcultural group with an established history and way of life.
we take part in these activities and perform these body modifications for the betterment of ourselves, of our peers, and of the world in general.
Piercing, tattoos, scarification, and other modifications are active political protest and lead to positive cultural reform.
we demand the right to treat our bodies as our own, and we strongly urge all to do the same

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some useful Links...

For anybody with an interest in Anything Body mods, Check out BME.
This is also a useful site for seeing a TON of pictures of any kind of Body mod Imaginable.

User Image

Another useful tool of BME is the BME Encyclopedia.
here you can find dozens of Definitions for all sorts of Mods, and alot of useful aftercare tips.

User Image

The link below is to the APP (Association Of Professional Piercers) website.
They have all sorts of info for anybody looking on tips before getting pierced, as well as a list of registered APP members from all over the world.

User Image

Body Art Forms offers some pretty unique body jewelry at good prices.
if you want to spend the extra Money, You can order Custom Pieces that are Extremely High Quality from companies like Industrial Strength, Glasswear Studios, Anatometal and more.

User Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I love body modification. I have a passion for it.

Current Piercings:
10g Inner Conch
Nostril
2 lobes (one set 20g, second set 4g)

Wanted piercings:
Medusa
Double nostril (not one on each side, but in a row)
n****e
Triple tongue
Tragus, anti-tragus, daith, rook, helix, anti-helix (all 16g)
Double industrial (x formation)

Tattoos Wanted:
Back piece
(Clouds and stars with moon and sun blending into each other across shoulders. Aries beneath moon and stars side. Mars beneath sun side. Snake blending them all together.)
One shoulder dedicated to children
One shoulder dedicated to religion
Mini sleeve on left wrist of something in UV

Wanted Misc. Body Mods:
Teeth elongation (vampire style) (Still thinking)

PICS:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I dislike body piercings and modifications but it does look cool on some people. It's a simple preference of mine not to modify my body for some reason.

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
My body is my own. I have hundreds of scars on my body both self-inflicted and non-self inflicted.

I want to take my body back so body modification does that for me. It's something positive on an otherwise ugly body.
Synnthetika
My body is my own. I have hundreds of scars on my body both self-inflicted and non-self inflicted.

I want to take my body back so body modification does that for me. It's something positive on an otherwise ugly body.

What exactly are you taking your body back from? If it is your own you are the only one denying yourself access to you.
I had a total of 11 piercings at one time.
I removed many because they were getting in my way.. Infecting, etc.
I got my first piercing a month after my mom passed away. She had always wanted a lip piercing.
After a couple months of thinking about it, I finally decided to go ahead with one.

After that I was getting one once a month for the following year. A few I did myself (Not very smart by the way. Don't follow my bad example). I don't regret any of my piercings. They're addicting. My aunty was the same way, except with tattoos. I'm just not ready for a permanent mark yet. Now I'm out of money.. sweatdrop
xAddiction
. I'm just not ready for a permanent mark yet. Now I'm out of money.. sweatdrop

As for the out of money thing, I can relate sweatdrop .

As for tattoos, i love them, i think tattoos are beautifull pieces of Artwork, only difference is, Tattoos are artwork on a Body, not in a frame on a wall someplace.
I have been thinking about a tattoo, I'm just not too sure about it. I'd start out with something small of course. However, I'll have to wait one more year until I'm old enough for a tattoo. razz
xAddiction
I have been thinking about a tattoo, I'm just not too sure about it. I'd start out with something small of course. However, I'll have to wait one more year until I'm old enough for a tattoo. razz

Yeah, Age is a problem there i guess sweatdrop

I started out with a small, solid black tattoo on my ankle, and now im doing 3+ Hour sitting with Full color Tattoos.

there addicting.
Probably just as addicting as piercings.
Like I said, one a month for a year. razz
My grandparents hated me. sweatdrop

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Unemphatic
Synnthetika

What exactly are you taking your body back from? If it is your own you are the only one denying yourself access to you.

I'm taking my body back from addiction and from self-and-other's abuse.

It is my body, I want to adorn it. I want it to be perfect, and this is perfection to me.
xAddiction
Probably just as addicting as piercings.
Like I said, one a month for a year. razz
My grandparents hated me. sweatdrop

yeah, i get all sorts of odd looks from people because of all my Piercings And Tattoos. Especialy now, with having both my nostrill's Pierced. Having one nostrill pierced is verry much socialy accepted now-a-days, but 2, people look at you like your from the moon.

It's annoying, but at the same time, it gets people asking questions about modifications, and i love talking to people about them.
Synnthetika
Unemphatic
Synnthetika

It is my body, I want to adorn it. I want it to be perfect, and this is perfection to me.

Outside of other's abusing you then you defeated yourself. Alright. Whether your reasons were valid or not doesn't matter. So are you trying to tell a story on your body, or trying to simply achieve some balance with yourself by putting permenant sticks into your skin?
Unemphatic
Synnthetika
Unemphatic
Synnthetika

Outside of other's abusing you then you defeated yourself. Alright. Whether your reasons were valid or not doesn't matter. So are you trying to tell a story on your body, or trying to simply achieve some balance with yourself by putting permenant sticks into your skin?

Piercings are more of a semi-permanent kind of thing, they can allways be taken out or whatever,

Anyways

Speaking for myself here, i think she has a valid reason for doing this. I've allways felt there was just this unspoken kind of "thing" Amongst Modified people, it's just one of thoes things that you just don;t understand unless you are yourself modified.

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Unemphatic
Synnthetika
Unemphatic
Synnthetika

I'm trying to get as close to what I see as perfection with my body.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff