Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Alchemist

i don't think i have enough make up to do a purge..
i only use foundation (for my acne) and lipstick and the collection isn't that big..

i just don't buy that much make up..

Mega Ladykiller

I threw away a lot of my bath and hair products. And reeeally old drug store stuff. Pretty much keeping my expensive stuff for a while xD

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

Quote:

It's only unsanitary if you don't know how to clean your sanitize your makeup or clean your sponges/brushes. And if that's the case, I wouldn't want anyone's makeup if they couldn't keep it clean. I feel better giving my makeup away because I know I'm sanitary and I do clean my things. But other makeup like dried up liquid eyeliner or mascara or foundation that isn't someone's skin tone, I throw away.

[since it's been a while, I'll just quote the post and not the person]

You need to keep in mind, you put makeup on the brush, apply it to your face, back to the makeup, back to the face. You don't wash it between each single use. This is dangerous. Even if you clean your brushes and face, you COULD have something on your skin/in your oils that may make another person very sick or cause an infection.

Personally, I'd never borrow or use makeup someone else has used or sampled. I don't know what's on their skin, I also don't know if they're being truthful about their cleaning routines. Just the same, I'd never give someone makeup I've used.

It's best to just dispose of the makeup properly, or keep it til the expiration date is hit because you may end up using it at some point again. Never know. But don't share makeup.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I get new make-up on a monthly basis because I signed up for ipsy. Generally I like most of the stuff I get. But some if it is still in the packaging because I have no use for it. My mum's been asking me to give her anything I haven't used /don't want. It's starting to pile up in my cabinet, so I think i'll do that this weekend.

I did however get a lip paint this month, and the colour is just not for me, even my mom doesn't like it. So I'm not sure what to do with it.

Fashionable Friend

As I makeup artist I go through, purchase and throw out makeup like nobodies business. When I decide something isn't working for me I usually toss it to the wolves (also known as my three younger sisters).

Tipsy Regular

idk i never really have that problem bc i research basically everything i buy so i know ill like it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff