Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dabbler

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
So I decided to start taking Nature Bounty Hair, Skin, & Nails.

And most of the reviews I read were extremely positive and recommended this product. They said helped a lot with breakouts, make their nails a lot stronger, and eventually made their hair a lot healthier and longer, over a 2 week - month long period.

I'm trying to grow out my hair, and thought vitamins weren't a harmful way to go. I've stopped using any heat on my hair, I use Mane N' Tail shampoo and conditioner, when I comb it wet I use a wide tooth comb, and am trying to drink more water and overall eat better.

{ When my hair is laying on my back, it reaches about my bra. }

How long do you think it will take to grow out my hair, preferably to my belly button?

Do you do anything special to your hair to grow it out?

Any overall tips to grow it out?

Beloved Muse

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Hair pretty universally grows between a half inch to two inches per month, depending on a lot of variable factors, not the least of which being genetics and hair type, but even the time of year has an impact. (Hair seems to grow more during hotter months, and less during cooler ones.) Eating a good diet, getting enough water, taking a biotin supplement, and making sure to have enough fat and protein in you helps ensure your hair grows as well as its able to. But aside from that, there's nothing you can do to make it grow faster. Using a sulfate-free shampoo, giving up heat treatment, using a wide-toothed comb, those are things that improve the condition of your already existing hair and help reduce breakage. Reducing breakage keeps your ends from coming off, which maximises your length, but doesn't actually do anything about growth.

Basically, you've done all you can do. Depending on your height, it'll probably take you between 6 months to well over a year. Be patient, treat your hair well, don't trim more than you need to, use conditioning/oil treatments to keep the hair in good shape, and it should be all right.

Shy Dabbler

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Lady Finduilas
Hair pretty universally grows between a half inch to two inches per month, depending on a lot of variable factors, not the least of which being genetics and hair type, but even the time of year has an impact. (Hair seems to grow more during hotter months, and less during cooler ones.) Eating a good diet, getting enough water, taking a biotin supplement, and making sure to have enough fat and protein in you helps ensure your hair grows as well as its able to. But aside from that, there's nothing you can do to make it grow faster. Using a sulfate-free shampoo, giving up heat treatment, using a wide-toothed comb, those are things that improve the condition of your already existing hair and help reduce breakage. Reducing breakage keeps your ends from coming off, which maximises your length, but doesn't actually do anything about growth.

Basically, you've done all you can do. Depending on your height, it'll probably take you between 6 months to well over a year. Be patient, treat your hair well, don't trim more than you need to, use conditioning/oil treatments to keep the hair in good shape, and it should be all right.

Thank you for the information! ♥

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces