Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Prophet

Greetings!
Is there a natural way I can improve my appearance without having to buy a product like getting rid of acne and maintaining a good complex on my skin as well as getting rid of oily skin?

Also can you refer me to Vegan/Cruelty free companies please? :3

As you may already tell, I'm going towards the animal free route when it comes to beautifying myself and wondering if anybody can help with that.

Thank you!

Shameless Man-Lover

We're going to need a little more information, hun. What exactly do you want advice on? Skin, hair, body, etc? What skin type are you? What kind of hair do you have? What do you do now?

Romantic Prophet

this rainbow lover
We're going to need a little more information, hun. What exactly do you want advice on? Skin, hair, body, etc? What skin type are you? What kind of hair do you have? What do you do now?

Ahh, I see I didn't elaborate on that. Sorry. sweatdrop

Well, my main concern now is skin. I have oily skin and getting rid of bumps and I'm figuring out ways to get rid of that with something natural.

Shameless Man-Lover

II Majesty II
this rainbow lover

Well, my main concern now is skin. I have oily skin and getting rid of bumps and I'm figuring out ways to get rid of that with something natural.

Okay, skin care then, lol. Bumps? As in acne or just uneven skin or what exactly? Do you know? :3

Romantic Prophet

this rainbow lover
II Majesty II
this rainbow lover

Okay, skin care then, lol. Bumps? As in acne or just uneven skin or what exactly? Do you know? :3

Yesh. (nods) Since I'm working on improving my makeup skills, I want to know how to maintain flawless skin without product. surprised

Oh, well acne and uneven skin to be specific.

Shameless Man-Lover

II Majesty II

Yesh. (nods) Since I'm working on improving my makeup skills, I want to know how to maintain flawless skin without product. surprised

Well, start with the basics. Wash off your make-up every night really well. You can use olive oil as a make-up remover and then wash off with your normal cleanser. You can use just plain old oatmeal as a face wash. Soak it in just enough hot water to cover the oats (you'll only need a few tablespoons at the most of oats) until it's soft, then just rub it on your face. Use the water they soaked in too. It's a little messy, but it leaves your skin so soft and perfect feeling. Follow up with a light weight moisturizer (I use Aveeno moisturizers, personally.)

You should also exfoliate once a week or so. This can be done using plain old white sugar and honey. Mix a small amount of both together and just... rub it on your face for about a minute before rinsing it off. Perhaps follow up with an oatmeal face wash, briefly, if your face feels too sticky or whatever. Again, moisturize afterwards.

Tea tree oil is also great for acne spots, I hear. Never tried it personally, but look for it at a heath foods store or something and dab a little on pesky, bigger spots once a day or something.

Other basic tips for acne: wash your pillow cases, face towels and phone often. I mean, disinfect your phone often, with one of those disinfecting wipes. Don't actually wash your phone, lol. Keeping your hands off your face can also help. Drinking plenty of water, only washing your face once or twice a day and keeping up a steady facial care routine will help as well. If after a month of doing all of these things, you don't see some sort of improvement/change, you may want to see a doctor if your breakouts are really bad.

Romantic Prophet

this rainbow lover
II Majesty II

Well, start with the basics. Wash off your make-up every night really well. You can use olive oil as a make-up remover and then wash off with your normal cleanser. You can use just plain old oatmeal as a face wash. Soak it in just enough hot water to cover the oats (you'll only need a few tablespoons at the most of oats) until it's soft, then just rub it on your face. Use the water they soaked in too. It's a little messy, but it leaves your skin so soft and perfect feeling. Follow up with a light weight moisturizer (I use Aveeno moisturizers, personally.)

You should also exfoliate once a week or so. This can be done using plain old white sugar and honey. Mix a small amount of both together and just... rub it on your face for about a minute before rinsing it off. Perhaps follow up with an oatmeal face wash, briefly, if your face feels too sticky or whatever. Again, moisturize afterwards.

Tea tree oil is also great for acne spots, I hear. Never tried it personally, but look for it at a heath foods store or something and dab a little on pesky, bigger spots once a day or something.

Other basic tips for acne: wash your pillow cases, face towels and phone often. I mean, disinfect your phone often, with one of those disinfecting wipes. Don't actually wash your phone, lol. Keeping your hands off your face can also help. Drinking plenty of water, only washing your face once or twice a day and keeping up a steady facial care routine will help as well. If after a month of doing all of these things, you don't see some sort of improvement/change, you may want to see a doctor if your breakouts are really bad.

Thank you so much. biggrin I have a big container of oatmeal. smile

Do you know anything about natural deodorant by any chance or anything that can get rid of dandruff?

Shameless Man-Lover

II Majesty II
this rainbow lover
II Majesty II

Do you know anything about natural deodorant by any chance or anything that can get rid of dandruff?

No problem! Just remember to give it time and keep up with it each and every night at the very least. You can also do any of this in the shower, after you've been in the shower for at least five-ten minutes. It will work even better if your pores are open. Don't be too rough, either. Gentle circles for one minute is plenty.

I don't use natural deodorant as it's not strong enough for my body, personally. Dandruff can be tricky. I know that letting your regular shampoo sit on your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing it can help to some degree. I've heard that rinsing with some apple cider vinegar after shampooing can also help.

I also use a scalp scrub every once in a while. This works even better if you have shorter hair because it's easier to get to your scalp, lol. Mix some brown sugar, honey, a small amount of olive oil and some of your conditioner together to form a wet, rough paste. Rub this onto your scalp the best you can before showering. Don't be too rough, again, but really rub it in circles onto your scalp. Rinse it out the best you can, continuing to massage your scalp under the water, then shampoo and condition as normal.

Romantic Prophet

this rainbow lover
II Majesty II
this rainbow lover
II Majesty II

No problem! Just remember to give it time and keep up with it each and every night at the very least. You can also do any of this in the shower, after you've been in the shower for at least five-ten minutes. It will work even better if your pores are open. Don't be too rough, either. Gentle circles for one minute is plenty.

I don't use natural deodorant as it's not strong enough for my body, personally. Dandruff can be tricky. I know that letting your regular shampoo sit on your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing it can help to some degree. I've heard that rinsing with some apple cider vinegar after shampooing can also help.

I also use a scalp scrub every once in a while. This works even better if you have shorter hair because it's easier to get to your scalp, lol. Mix some brown sugar, honey, a small amount of olive oil and some of your conditioner together to form a wet, rough paste. Rub this onto your scalp the best you can before showering. Don't be too rough, again, but really rub it in circles onto your scalp. Rinse it out the best you can, continuing to massage your scalp under the water, then shampoo and condition as normal.

Hm. I see there is a method to this. smile

Ahh. Scalp scruber, eh? I take this is what I needed the whole time as fingers just don't do. ><. I never figured out why dandruff just randomly came into my life. > < I figured that it's best to use a peel of lemon on your armpits.But once again thanks. smile

Here I go to be the best vegan! biggrin XD

Aged Girl

II Majesty II
Greetings!
Is there a natural way I can improve my appearance without having to buy a product like getting rid of acne and maintaining a good complex on my skin as well as getting rid of oily skin?

As you may already tell, I'm going towards the animal free route when it comes to beautifying myself and wondering if anybody can help with that.

Thank you!

Vegan/Cruelty-Free/Mainstream toxin-Free Makeup:
100 Percent Pure

Cruelty-Free and vegan Hair Products:
BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty)

Cruelty-Free Acne/Face/Bath products:
LUSH (the United States website)

Mind you, they are all expensive, but worth it.
I've only tried LUSH and BWC, but 100 Percent Pure is next on my list.

Romantic Prophet

Nurse Kipsie
II Majesty II
Greetings!

Thank you!

Vegan/Cruelty-Free/Mainstream toxin-Free Makeup:
100 Percent Pure

Cruelty-Free and vegan Hair Products:
BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty)

Cruelty-Free Acne/Face/Bath products:
LUSH (the United States website)

Mind you, they are all expensive, but worth it.
I've only tried LUSH and BWC, but 100 Percent Pure is next on my list.

Oh thank you! This is great! ^^
I see. Most of the good stuff is. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas