Welcome to Gaia! ::

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

I guess this is the right place..

I was told natural almond oil is good for your skin and can help fade the looks of circles under your eyes. Anyone else know if this is true before I go spending money, or of any other remedies?

I've tried face masks, cucumbers, tea bags, ice packs and vitamin K skin cream. None of which seem to work.

Eloquent Vampire

If it won't break your bank, give it a try.

But remember that sometimes dark circles are just genetic. There's not much you can do. You can help minimize them in various ways, cover them up in various ways, but there are few, if any, ways to actually eliminate them altogether.

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

Jagger-Wolf

But remember that sometimes dark circles are just genetic. There's not much you can do. You can help minimize them in various ways, cover them up in various ways, but there are few, if any, ways to actually eliminate them altogether.

As far as I can tell, no one else in my family seems to have it. Now a niece of mine [probably 13 now] has dark circles as well. However I think her reason is due to some personal issues. No one in their family has the dark circles either.

And true, but foundation covers up my freckles and I hate that. D:

Eloquent Vampire

Xiskii
Jagger-Wolf

As far as I can tell, no one else in my family seems to have it. Now a niece of mine [probably 13 now] has dark circles as well. However I think her reason is due to some personal issues. No one in their family has the dark circles either.

And true, but foundation covers up my freckles and I hate that. D:
Use primer, orange eyeshadow, cover up/concealer, then foundation.

I mean it about the orange eye shadow. Orange counteracts the blue tones in the dark circles, so pat it on where you need it, cover it with cover up/concealer, then foundation. Does wonders.

Also, look into high-coverage or medium coverage foundations. Light coverage stuff like powders or mineral foundations or BB creams or anything like that aren't powerful enough for actually covering anything up. I use Dermablend, and while expensive, it can be used to completely cover up tattoos with the right application. It's that powerful.
i don't think you can lighten or
remove dark circkles, it's all
marketing ploys. it's pretty genetic
for the most part. the best you can
do is conceal.

Naughty Sex Symbol

I've never heard that but I have the same problem and other than covering them up, nothing is really all that effective; at least nothing I've tried. If you want to conceal them (I saw your comment about not wanting to cover up your freckles) use an eye primer and an eye brightening concealer or BB cream. BB cream coverage is pretty light and blends out well into your natural skin tone so you can use it just where you need it and then use a translucent powder all over to set it.

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

milky latte
i don't think you can lighten or
remove dark circkles, it's all
marketing ploys. it's pretty genetic
for the most part. the best you can
do is conceal.

That's why I'm asking about almond oil. [which is good for your skin, hair too I believe] Not a product from the cosmetics industry that claims to have magical properties or something. As for being genetic, no one else in my family has them. It's not a trait known on either sides and it didn't start showing up til I was a bit older.

xHarleenxQuinzelx
I've never heard that but I have the same problem and other than covering them up, nothing is really all that effective; at least nothing I've tried. If you want to conceal them (I saw your comment about not wanting to cover up your freckles) use an eye primer and an eye brightening concealer or BB cream. BB cream coverage is pretty light and blends out well into your natural skin tone so you can use it just where you need it and then use a translucent powder all over to set it.

BB cream from Maybelline? I'm currently using CoverGirl clean whipped creme foundation in the lightest tone that will match my skin. It's about as close to it as I can get and while it doesn't fully cover my freckles, it also feels like it doesn't cover the purple very well. My skin also doesn't like most products, so any time I apply foundation to my skin other than under my eyes, it shows up flaky and gets worse when I apply a very light powder over top.

Naughty Sex Symbol

Xiskii

BB cream from Maybelline? I'm currently using CoverGirl clean whipped creme foundation in the lightest tone that will match my skin. It's about as close to it as I can get and while it doesn't fully cover my freckles, it also feels like it doesn't cover the purple very well. My skin also doesn't like most products, so any time I apply foundation to my skin other than under my eyes, it shows up flaky and gets worse when I apply a very light powder over top.
User Image

Lots of makeup lines make BB creams but personally I use one by Maybelline. That sucks though that you have trouble with products. I don't know what your budget is for makeup but have you tried using bare minerals? It's what I use and it actually break out LESS because of it. You can also control how much coverage it gives by buffing it in for less time over the areas you don't want covered as much. My starter kit came with an eye brightener too which really helps coverup my dark circles.

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

xHarleenxQuinzelx
Xiskii

User Image

Lots of makeup lines make BB creams but personally I use one by Maybelline. That sucks though that you have trouble with products. I don't know what your budget is for makeup but have you tried using bare minerals? It's what I use and it actually break out LESS because of it. You can also control how much coverage it gives by buffing it in for less time over the areas you don't want covered as much. My starter kit came with an eye brightener too which really helps coverup my dark circles.

My mom got a bare minerals sample pack. We both used it and while she kinda liked it, I wasn't a fan at all. Just... didn't too much care for it? Idk. But I've heard of Sephora. I have a store in one of my malls, so I think I'll take a look at them once I start my new job next week. Their prices don't seem too bad and from what I understand, during a consultation, they'll use a sample pack on you so I'll have an idea of whether I'd want it or not.

Shameless Loiterer

I personally think that vitamin E oil helps with that, but that may just be my experience. Otherwise, I recommend Benefit's Boi-ing concealer.
Xiskii

personally, i don't think any product is going to fade
them, marketed or not. but you can always try, it doesn't hurt.

Naughty Sex Symbol

Xiskii

My mom got a bare minerals sample pack. We both used it and while she kinda liked it, I wasn't a fan at all. Just... didn't too much care for it? Idk. But I've heard of Sephora. I have a store in one of my malls, so I think I'll take a look at them once I start my new job next week. Their prices don't seem too bad and from what I understand, during a consultation, they'll use a sample pack on you so I'll have an idea of whether I'd want it or not.
Which formula was it? I use the powder foundation but I've heard the liquid ones are really good too.
Actually, I was going to suggest getting a consult at Sephora since they have a lot more variety. Benefit cosmetics or Makeup Forever might have something for you though. I use both of those brands as well and they're amazing. They carry both of those at Sephora too.

kennymap's Wife

Lunatic

xHarleenxQuinzelx
Xiskii

Which formula was it? I use the powder foundation but I've heard the liquid ones are really good too.
Actually, I was going to suggest getting a consult at Sephora since they have a lot more variety. Benefit cosmetics or Makeup Forever might have something for you though. I use both of those brands as well and they're amazing. They carry both of those at Sephora too.

It was powder. I'm not too big on liquid foundations. I'll use cremes and some thicker foundations but the liquid is such a mess haha

I looked into the Kat Von D stuff. It looks nice. I'm crazy pale but I'll still get the IQ thing done to see what tone would be best for me.

Naughty Sex Symbol

Xiskii

It was powder. I'm not too big on liquid foundations. I'll use cremes and some thicker foundations but the liquid is such a mess haha

I looked into the Kat Von D stuff. It looks nice. I'm crazy pale but I'll still get the IQ thing done to see what tone would be best for me.
User Image

I love Kat Von D. I have a few lip colors and the tattoo liner from that line. Sooo good. <3
I've never tried anything else though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces